Hisense P7 Series

Hisense Makes Sense

Good value with great colour and a industry leading warranty of three years in home service. Relatively easy to set up. Features Uled 4K and HDR plus. Time will tell but at the moment could not be happier with our purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $755.00.

Bought This TV 2 times

I bought one for me 7 months ago at $2500ish then bought another one on special for $1956 at TheGoodGuys Myaree for my son's new apartment, I love the price of the Hisense, Samsung, Sony, LG also have 75" selling at $1995 but most only have 100mhz while Hisense has 200 motion whatever they named it, this is a smart TV and connected easily with my wifi and also with my Sony subwoofer to give a higher bass sound. It has Netflix and YouTube button on remote (my wife loves it). It has 3 HDMI USB and Optical to connect your subwoofer, for some reason Hisense didn't 'recognise' the Yamaha sub I bought even after calling Hisense and they guided me.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Good expereince

My 55" 4k TV which i bought from JB hifi (Bankstown NSW) in 2016 suddenly stopped working 2 weeks ago. I contacted their call center and they sent a technician. Technician informed me that it cannot be fixed and I will be receiving a replacement TV. After 3 days, technician contacted me that my TV has arrived and he wants to come and setup the new TV. Same day he came and setup for me new 2018 4k TV and took away my old 2016 TV. Removed the box, provided extra batteries for the remote. amazing!!

Purchased in September 2016 at JB Hi-Fi.

YouTube Problem

Great value for money when purchased from Harvey Norman in Dandenong in April 2009.
Only annoying problem is after watching it for 10-15 minutes, screen totally freezes on YouTube with"LOADING" message and that's it !!! You then have to exit YouTube altogether.

Hisense customer service contacted twice to no avail as problem continues.

Purchased in April 2009.

Sound Quality
Sorry. Purchase date should read April 2018 NOT April 2009.

Stutter picture and wifi disconnections

Purchased this tv in a New Years special from the Good Guys.
After a 3 week delay in actually receiving the TV we were impressed with the aesthetics when it arrived in late January 2019. The TV looks nice as a feature although that's the limit to the Pros.
The Netflix app drops out/freezes as others have stated. We have needed to reset the tv every 1-2 days. This is tedious and frustrating as it may take 2-3 goes each time before connecting (I literally purchased a bluetooth keyboard because we enter the password for our wifi connection and Netflix that often!) I also have footage of the TV freezing while trying to search for a network, requiring me to turn the TV off and on again..
The sound quality is poor however we purchased a sound bar and this improved this issue (Turning the volume up on the soundbar pauses Netflix intermittently too).
Sports or streaming UHD has also been painful as the picture stutters. Playing with the picture settings did improve this issue, although it's still not satisfactory.
It appears as though the Tv's capabilities are limited to basic free to air television, making the Smart component obsolete.
Don't fall for the 5 star reviews like we did. Spend that bit extra and get an LG, Sony or Samsung. If these are all the issues within 3 months of purchasing imagine the problems the next 3 months or longer will bestow upon us.
I can honestly say I have never been so disappointed with an electronics purchase in my life.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Internet keeps dropping off & Netflix hangs

The Live TV works perfectly however we don't watch a great deal of Live TV. The apps department is very limited. The wireless connectivity is very bad. It rarely connects & doesn't remember the password the next time that the tv is turned on. The password has to be entered numerous times and still may not work. I have found doing a factory reset fixes this however this can be done a couple of times a day! Also, Netflix sometimes just hangs. I've tried turning the TV on & off however I have found that unplugging the TV from the wall for 30 seconds seems to reset this problem but then you have to try reconnect the internet. This can sometimes end up with me going around in circles a couple of times and then giving up.

I will definitely not be purchasing another of this brand. The man at Harvey Norman talked me into this TV as I went in there to purchase an LG.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,661.00.

Sound Quality

Much better picture than the mainstream brands budget models and cheaper

Hisense 65 P7

In the last two years I purchased 2 LG large screen LED tvs and was very disappointed with the black levels and uneven illumination so this time after reading some reviews on the Hisense 65 P7 I took the punt.

Well this tv is much better than I expected, looks great, blacks are very even and picture detail is retained in dark scenes.

Not an Oled but the Hisense blacks using their ailed technology is a fraction of the price.

Smart interface works smoothly and easy to navigate

And a 3 year warranty

Might get rid of my LG’s and replace them with this mostly

First I have to mount this on the wall

Thanks Hisense for a great product

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

75”P7 Hisense

Love this tv now. But on initial set up I noticed the ghosting or shadowing when people moved. This is fixed in the picture settings. Take it off smooth motion and put it on film 24P. Films are perfect now. There is so much detail even with HD material. I’ve never owned Hisense before and am very impressed. I’ve also adjusted the colour temperature in picture settings to cool. It’s better for skin tone.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,950.00.

Jittery Picture :(

I bought 3 of these TV's for my house mid last year (2018) after owning a second hand older (2016?) 50" Hisense TV which was great.
But since these the beginning the picture is jittery, like small pauses every few seconds when there is not much changing on the screen.
Taking the advice from this thread I can use Game mode to remove this issue from Netflix but for normal TV it is continuing to make it unwatchable as it hurts my eyes.
Very sad as one was for my sick mother and she cant watch it :(
Will be calling customer support to fix or replace.
Note - The sound and user interface for this TV is actually very good so still giving 2 stars but expect a lot better picture for a 4K modern TV.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Good budget 4K Smart TV

If you are after an entry level 4k (UHD) 55 inch Smart TV, this model is a great option.
If you are looking directly at the screen the picture is very crisp and clear with the HDR taking care of the black levels. However if you have a family where people are seated at the side of the screen, then the image becomes washed out. It has a very small range of decent viewing angles so beware.
The Smart TV part is okay, but it is not Android Play and it used something called VIDAA 2.5 so you do not have the luxury of loading apps yourself from Google Play. The Netflix, Stan and Youtube apps included do stream and view at 4K resolution.
Overall, for around $1000 it is a good start for those on a budget.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $1,188.00.

Sound Quality

picture pause/jerk/stutter for a fraction of a second

The first one I got had the outer layer ( glass/perspex whatever ) coming away from the bottom right. Also had constant fraction of a secton pauses/jerks/stuttery movement. Replacement fixed the outer layer issue but other issue remains. Has nothing to to with motion flow. Actually, I've also noticed strange artifacts on adverts. If these issues can be fixed it would be a great tv. Quite annoying to watch at the moment.

Update ... Changing Football mode to Standard and using Game Mode fixed the pause/jerk/stutter issue from external sources like a pvr, but Game Mode cannot be used with the in-built tuner. I have since returned the unit for a full refund.

Purchased in January 2019 for $675.00.

2 tv's, 2 speaker issues and 1 power issue.

I got my first one in December 2017, less than 2 months later I took it back with bad speaker issues and they replaced it with the same tv. A month or so after that I had issues turning the tv on with remote and was told a month old tv needed an update which I did and so far no more power problems but 3 moths after that I had same speaker problem as first one but let it go until now ( feb 2019 )where its just too bad .
Called them up and they say need another update, 2 in 12 months for new tv, and if that doesn't work they will send out a technician and he may fix it.
Will never buy anything hisense again, rubbish.
Long story short, don't get anything but a tv with a store warranty so you can take it back straight away and not put up with the problems I'm going through with manufacturers warranty.

Purchased in December 2017.

Great TV! Can’t fault it

Our old TV recently died and we needed a new one on a budget! The Hisense is a great TV. Great picture and sound.. honestly can’t fault it.. we shopped around and didn’t quite a lot of homework before buying as we’d always had bigger brands in the past but we are super happy with it!

Amazing TV!

I bought this from Appliance Cetral's eBay store for $1300 and as soon as I got it running and calibrated it, I am more than impressed. The colours are great, excellent detail, premium finish, great speakers and just overall great price.

My recent TV was a 4 yr old LG 4k TV. I can tell if you're looking for a great TV without paying too much then this is hard to beat. It's not perfect, the HDR could be better but with a few colour changes this is still an awesome TV.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great TV. Perfect size

We Love this TV it has a great quality picture I would highly recommend looking at TVs on display as you Can see the difference in quality compared to the others around it. Size of it is great and it's easy to use with the Netflix and YouTube buttons on the remote and you can easily download extra apps. I would highly recommend this tv

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Best Quality Smart TV

Hisense Smart TV is a great performer. Its even like a 3D in quality without the cost. Simple to set up. Just plug and play. Its Netflix and UTube buttons are exceptional and it even has a memory to remember my last play. Pricing was also exceptional. Much cheaper than LG which cost over $3000...I find it much easier to use too with better wi fi connection that doesnt need resetting all the time. Its the best idiot proof Smart TV available with a great picture not needing professional installation. Save money with this fabulous product

Date PurchasedMar 2017

So Good!

Bought from JB for under $800. Very happy with hi-def clarity, brightness and crisp picture. Smart TV apps easy to use and seamless casting from phone and computer. Sound works great for tv speakers. 4K just breathtaking. So Good! Hisense 3 yr warranty also good reassurance of quality product. Stoked

Date PurchasedDec 2018

What a sensational TV for the money

I bought this tv about 1 month ago after my Panasonic plasma started to die after a good innings and 4 Samsung replacements that couldn't even last their warranty period, never again, anyway I researched this one and glad I did, awesome TV, easy to use, beautiful picture quality, best I've seen actually, enough inputs for everything and the freeview, stan, youtube, xbox and everything else I've got connected was just so easy, audio is a bit average but I don't care, my Yamaha amp fixed that, upscaling is fantastic and 4k is breathtaking, also love the remote layout, so easy to learn, swapping between inputs and apps is a breeze, all this for $1k at JB with 3 year warranty, so far absolutely stoked with this TV, it took a couple of days to adjust the picture settings just right but now it's just turn on and enjoy, chrome bezel annoyed me at first but don't even notice it now, I'm one happy Hisense convert.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Wow what a TV... and for that price!

I had been looking for a 4k ultra HD smart TV (55" to 65") for a couple months and at first thought I would be up for an LG or Samsung for $2500 plus. That was until I saw the Hisense series 7 range. This TV has 100% stood up to the quality and finish of the bigger brands and was $1000+ cheaper. I was sceptical at first for the price but I have not looked back

Great Value for Money

Fantastic picture quality for the price, blacks are excellent for a back lit LCD TV. This TV does a better job upscaling Free to Air and Foxtel than the Samsung range. For Blu-ray and DVDs the picture quality is amazing with colours that match that of the samsung range (excluding the Q series). Ultra HD picture quality is much better than the Samsung NU7100 but not quite as good as the Samsung NU8000 when it comes to HDR content but most people wouldn't notice the difference. Gaming is better on the Samsung NU8000 and its the best TV for this. Audio quality is average but most people use soundbars or dedicated speakers anyway. Motion handing is excellent on this TV and is better than the samsung range but not as good as the Sony K9000F.

Forget what you see in store with the washed out colours. This is due to the wrong setting being used in store. Grab a remote from the salesmen and try the picture modes for yourself.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,036.00.