Hisense P7 Series

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect Tv!

This tv is simple to operate, excellent natural picture, second to none in their price range. The Tv is smart looking too! Speakers are pretty good considering it’s a flat tv screen, we have ours wall mounted which is easy to do and not heavy like our old plasma. Uses very little electricity which is a definite plus! Everything is easy to setup and combine with audio sound bars using either the HDMI ports or Optical ports. Overall we are Very impressed, we wouldn’t look at another brand at the moment for sheer value for money and quality. Well done Hisense!

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sound Quality

Fantastic picture but wifi problems

This TV has the best picture but wifi keeps dropping out after every time you turn off and you have to turn on at the wall again to let it run through saying smart Tv. This happens even on the NBN or ADSL2 and my router is less than a meter from the TV so it should pick up the signal without any problems. I don't though have this problem when hooked up to the Telstra TV box or Ps4. Only on live TV input and you decide you want to watch catch up Tv or Netflix or YouTube. So instead of always turning off at the wall, I watch through another input that has been connected to overcome this problem. I cannot though fault the picture quality and fantastic sound.

Purchased in May 2018 at Betta Home Living for $1,475.00.

Love my new TV!!

I am so happy with my new Hisense television!!! Great price for crystal clear, quality vision. Always looks superior on HD channels of course. I even love the remote, simple, clear and easy to use. Comparable to other brands for quality and price, Hisense is a winner brand!!!

Purchased in March 2019.

Over 2 years of satisfied viewing

I picked this TV up some time in 2017 for around $1800, which was at the cheap range of quality tvs at the time.
It has worked flawlessly and i still get a buzz out of watching good quality content on it.
It is easy to connect to a network and I have it running through a good quality sound system. The odd time I’ve listened through the tv speakers it does seem ok but I think sound quality is paramount so I spend a lot more in this department.
The remote is easy to use and bulletproof to my 1 and 3yo.
It has Netflix, YouTube and Stan, I haven’t found use for any of the other apps.
Onscreen navigation is a bit clunky, why these smart TVs don’t come with a keyboard is a matter of annoyance to me.
I haven’t been able to mirror my iPhone or computer to it which would be handy.
I have had it mounted on the wall, you will need a friend to help as it’s a scary proposition as it is huge and thin!
I joe have it on its stand and the simple chrome legs look really nice.
The only reason I would buy a different tv is for a better smart tv experience but not sure if other brands offer this and at the cost point these tvs are difficult to go past.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,800.00.

Perfect picture quality

Very happy with picture quality. Did initially have trouble with the Netflix function of always having to log in but a quick phone call to the help desk resolved this. I like the remote as everything is self explanatory and to have a Netflix button is perfect. The detail in the picture is awesome. Sound is high quality. Very easy to use and would certainly buy hisense again.

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Sound Quality

Great TV for a great price highly recommend!

With the Hisense 75P7 after a bit of picture setting tweaks 4K content, HD content and One X looks awesome and FTA looks decent as well. The Hisense OS is a bit lacking but with a Vodafone TV etc that can be solved. Also no bluetooth connectivity on this TV but other than that great telly highly recommend has plenty of HDMI ports and the picture quality and sound is great (although would recommend a seperate sound system to get the best out of it). Comes with 3 year in-home warranty as well.

If any one is interested these are the settings I've settled on.

FTA TV:
Brightness 50
Contrast 50
Colour Saturation 40
Sharpness 10
Backlight Dimming Medium and Backlight 40 (press down arrow on remote whilst on dimming)
Adaptive Contrast High

HDR Standard
Backlight Medium 80
Game Mode On
Brightness 55

Note: Adjust Brightness and Backlight according to how bright/dark the room is.

Purchased in March 2019 at Betta Home Living for $2,050.00.

Sound Quality

A generally great viewing experience with a feature set equal or better than higher priced competition

I just wanted a TV that was good quality, without being too smart (not a function i would really use), as I don't really watch TV much.
This seemed to fit the bill, as well as having a 3 year warranty.

I bought 4K to "future proof". Viewing seems quite vibrant (but you can change the settings).
Sound from the speakers are good enough for me (watching it from 2.5m away), but i have connect my own micro hifi system to it in case i want to boost the sound.
It has enough HDMI ports for my needs (i'm only using 1, but i'm pretty sure it has a total of 4).

It has a nice, clean and modern look with a small frame/bezel. The TV sits on stands on on both sides, rather than having a stand from the middle.
I prefer this look, plus this type of design may also allow space for you to place a soundbar in the middle.
The TV autotuned itself and picked up all the channels (and more) than i'd care to watch.
The TV does take slightly longer to load/boot up compared to other TVs, but nothing that i really care about.

Overall, I'm more than pleased with the total package for the price paid and would happily recommend it to others.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee for $756.00.

Sound Quality

Picture quality is good, software is lacking

Panel looks good bar some panel uniformity issues (most LCD TVs exhibit this). Picture/colour quality is good. HDR is sufficient.

Software problems:
-"Smooth motion" turns itself back on randomly (visible on-screen) but the setting is still 'off' in the settings. Need to turn on then off again to disable it
-YouTube and Netflix apps can freeze the entire TV, forcing you to turn it off and on again at the powerpoint
-If WiFi disconnects for whatever reason, the TV has difficulty finding the network again

Can almost overlook the issues given the sale price but having to hard reset the TV is a big disappointment. Hisense's software really needs work.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Sound Quality

Couldn't be happier got it on sale at HN and very happy overall.

Colour, clarity and picture quality is excellent. It puts our Samsung plasma to shame. We got it at a bargain price and honestly it's an excellent purchase. Rich vibrant colours, sound is good, better through our Yamaha surround obviously. Looks great with this bezel, chrome legs, easy to use remote and full.smart functionality. Only downfall is can't seem to download other apps to it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,100.00.

Great budget 4K HDR TV

Having an Apple TV 4K we don't really use the smart functions, so can't review those features. However, the quality of the image is simply excellent. HDR works pretty well too, and the TV works well with the Apple box to switch HDR on/off based on the content. Also, navigation, menus etc are super easy and look great.
I guess on con would be that from all the 4 HDMI ports, only one is HDR. So if you have multiple devices (eg Xbox and an Apple TV) only one will be able to use HDR (unless you keep switching the HDMI cable).

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $771.00.

Software

Excellent TV for a great price

The Hisense 65P7 is a great 4K TV at a great price (especially when on sale, which seems to happen quite often). The colours are sharp and vibrant, and 4K content looks amazing (such as David Attenborough's Planet Earth II). Out of the box, the colours do need a bit of adjustment, but it's easy to modify the saturation, backlighting etc to get the picture you want. The built in TV speakers are more than adequate and are actually quite impressive for built in speakers in a midrange TV. In terms of apps, it has all the apps that come standard with most TVs these days (Netflix, Stan, Youtube, Web browser etc), and the remote even has a dedicated Netflix and Youtube button. The UI is fast and responsive and I've never noticed any lag, nor had any major issues with the TV. The only downsides are that the Wifi kept dropping out when I first got the TV (although this is easily fixed by disabling fast boot so not too big of an issue) and dark scenes can be a bit hard to make out at times. Other than that, this TV is an excellent choice for those who want a great 4K TV at a budget price.

Purchased in August 2018 at eBay for $2,087.00.

Superb value for the $$$

Bought this 2 months ago to replace an ageing 55"but didn't want to spend big $$$. This TV fits the bill and the quality of the screening, blows you off. The smart functionalities like Youtube and Netflix makes it easier to view. Network connection setup could be a little tricky but nothing to worry about.

Purchased in March 2019.

Great value for money TV

Great TV considering the price. Works seamlessly with netflix and the UI is way faster than I thought (it probably takes about 5 seconds to load) and the picture quality is great.

Purchased in December 2018.

Perfect but not perfect

Bought the TV 2 months ago for my father (also benefits me as I live with him haha) as he enters retirement so he could enjoy all the movies Netflix offers in 5.1 whilst he still can. Initially the brightness and colour contrast was phenomenal however my sharp eye did notice some few discrepancies...first its NOT true 200Hz which I was thought to believe. The "Smooth Motion 200Hz" is quite misleading and is strictly the work of marketing, it is actually 100Hz but Hisense implements software that interpolates it into 200Hz. Basically it tricks our eyes to believe that it is 200Hz through sliding fake identical images between each frame. Still, 100Hz seems more than enough...better than 60Hz however this flaw becomes obvious during fast paced games (COD Black Op 3 Zombies) or any action movies such as James Bond. If anything, switching to "smooth motion" and "gaming" modes actually worsen the experience as you can sense that the software is overdoing those inserting and so motion becomes awkwardly unnatural. Another thing is the local dimming which I had hoped would be a great feature however those blacks weren't as black as I hoped. If I placed my old 2008 Sony TV next to it, the blacks on the Sony would actually be darker. But thats not on Hisense, local dimming isn't OLED so I shouldn't be surprised. But not everything is rain and thunderstorms, as previously mentioned the colour is amazing (reds are really red). 4K content is shown in 4K as it should be, the aesthetics of outstanding especially the chrome legs (not paraphilia I promise). The usb slot is fantastic, I can plug any hard drive and play most movies directly from it DTS and 5.1, just make sure the TV can read the format shown in the specs. There is a slight lag in software but its faster than Kogan TVs (I have one at home too) and a bit slower than Samsung Tvs. I have an Apple TV 4K and I believe the TV can live without the Apple TV because Netflix and Youtube work as well as the Apple TV itself. Overall I am happy, but I was misled with some information and the rest of the flaws were due to my own ignorance.

Purchased in April 2019 at Appliance Central for $1,750.00.

Bang for the buck!

Bought the TV for around 750 from ebay using a discount code. Limited apps are available in the app store. Casting is possible only for Youtube and Netflix. Casting from the Android Netflix app is very glitchy and doesn't work most of the time. The unit also lacks bluetooth connectivity and the remotenow app doesn't work with my MiA2 lite phone which runs android 9.0. Nevertheless, it's a great TV with excellent picture quality and 100 Hz refresh rate.

Purchased in May 2019 at eBay for $892.00.

Hisense Makes Sense

Good value with great colour and a industry leading warranty of three years in home service. Relatively easy to set up. Features Uled 4K and HDR plus. Time will tell but at the moment could not be happier with our purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $755.00.

Bought This TV 2 times

I bought one for me 7 months ago at $2500ish then bought another one on special for $1956 at TheGoodGuys Myaree for my son's new apartment, I love the price of the Hisense, Samsung, Sony, LG also have 75" selling at $1995 but most only have 100mhz while Hisense has 200 motion whatever they named it, this is a smart TV and connected easily with my wifi and also with my Sony subwoofer to give a higher bass sound. It has Netflix and YouTube button on remote (my wife loves it). It has 3 HDMI USB and Optical to connect your subwoofer, for some reason Hisense didn't 'recognise' the Yamaha sub I bought even after calling Hisense and they guided me.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Good expereince

My 55" 4k TV which i bought from JB hifi (Bankstown NSW) in 2016 suddenly stopped working 2 weeks ago. I contacted their call center and they sent a technician. Technician informed me that it cannot be fixed and I will be receiving a replacement TV. After 3 days, technician contacted me that my TV has arrived and he wants to come and setup the new TV. Same day he came and setup for me new 2018 4k TV and took away my old 2016 TV. Removed the box, provided extra batteries for the remote. amazing!!

Purchased in September 2016 at JB Hi-Fi.

YouTube Problem

Great value for money when purchased from Harvey Norman in Dandenong in April 2009.
Only annoying problem is after watching it for 10-15 minutes, screen totally freezes on YouTube with"LOADING" message and that's it !!! You then have to exit YouTube altogether.

Hisense customer service contacted twice to no avail as problem continues.

Purchased in April 2009.

Sound Quality
Sorry. Purchase date should read April 2018 NOT April 2009.

Stutter picture and wifi disconnections

Purchased this tv in a New Years special from the Good Guys.
After a 3 week delay in actually receiving the TV we were impressed with the aesthetics when it arrived in late January 2019. The TV looks nice as a feature although that's the limit to the Pros.
The Netflix app drops out/freezes as others have stated. We have needed to reset the tv every 1-2 days. This is tedious and frustrating as it may take 2-3 goes each time before connecting (I literally purchased a bluetooth keyboard because we enter the password for our wifi connection and Netflix that often!) I also have footage of the TV freezing while trying to search for a network, requiring me to turn the TV off and on again..
The sound quality is poor however we purchased a sound bar and this improved this issue (Turning the volume up on the soundbar pauses Netflix intermittently too).
Sports or streaming UHD has also been painful as the picture stutters. Playing with the picture settings did improve this issue, although it's still not satisfactory.
It appears as though the Tv's capabilities are limited to basic free to air television, making the Smart component obsolete.
Don't fall for the 5 star reviews like we did. Spend that bit extra and get an LG, Sony or Samsung. If these are all the issues within 3 months of purchasing imagine the problems the next 3 months or longer will bestow upon us.
I can honestly say I have never been so disappointed with an electronics purchase in my life.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $799.00.