Hisense Series X

Hisense Series X

55PX (55") and 65PX (65")
5.0 from 1 review

Great Picture - can take a bit of setting up

Initial setup is very simple. However, out of the box, digital 1080p and better content looks amazing but broadcast (free to air TV) at 576i (several channels) was really pixelated especially where there was movement on the screen. Ended up fixing this by turning OFF motion smoothing.

Also had a common problem after about 3 days of owning the TV where it dropped my wi-fi connection and I couldn't reconnect. I found Hisense tech support pretty easy to get onto and they talked me through accessing a hidden menu to turn off fast-boot that was enabled by default out of the box. This fixed the problem.

What I love about this TV:
- simple to attach solid stand
- very thin bezel
- blacks are so... BLACK - it is OLED after all
- colours are amazing - stuck with standard after trying a few modes
- very responsive
- has a netflix and youtube button right on the remote
- PLEX was one of the pre-installed apps (I use it as my media server so that was important to me)

What could be better:
- selection of apps is a little lacking, no iVIEW, no 9NOW, no 10PLUS apps, does have SBS on Demand though (doesn't really impact me but would be nice to have, not even available in the app store)
- easier selection of channels and removing duplications (solved using a favourites list but would prefer to be able to just delete channels

That's about it. Really nice TV, big upgrade over my 9yr old Sony Bravia. Would definitely buy again. Purchased from JB Hi-Fi was recommended in lieu of LG OLED I was looking at. Very happy with the choice.

Date PurchasedJan 2019