Homemaker Vacuum Sealer

Homemaker Vacuum Sealer

See the Best Food Sealers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

matto66Southwest, VIC

Does the job. Value for money.

I was skeptical about buying this but took the chance as other brands are quite expensive. To my surprise it works very well and does what is expected from it. It is easy to use and I have to say "almost fun to use". The functions are simple, well laid out and easy to use and recognize. The build of the unit seems well designed, of sturdy construction and easy to clean. It has a removable drip tray below the suction area and also has rubber feet to avoid slipping on the kitchen counter. I would recommend a look at this product, Cost was $59 from Kmart.
The refill sealer bag rolls are 32 cm wide and 6 meters long and come in a box of 2 for $15

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart for $59.00.

Lou

LouGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Was happy. Until the heat seal broke last night.

Have had this 2 years and been quite happy with it. Works reasonably well (ok; doesn’t suck out all the air but good enough, sealed well) so for the money has been good value. But....after approx 50-70 bags being sealed over the last 2 years, the heat sealing element has packed in. You get what you pay for.

Purchased in April 2017 for $59.00.

Do NOT bother

This machine does not work. After many attemps of buying the proper plastic for it and wasting my time and money this machine seals ok although the vacuum is deplorable. Do not even bother looking at this product. I gave it a fair chance and i am very dissappointed. After buying the sealer I then discover out Kmart does not even use the plastic that is recomended by the product.

Purchased in May 2018 at Kmart Waratah for $50.00.

Kazaco

KazacoBrisbane

Works well once I worked it out

Yes I had trouble with the machine not unlocking until I watched how it was done properly on you tube...just look up home brand vacuum sealer...unlocked every time when I learnt how.. or just push down the front corners until you hear it click ...and make sure the smooth side of the sealer bags are face down

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Does the job

Bought this 2 months and have been very happy with it. Very easy to use very affordable. I was a little skepital before I bought it due to a few negative reviews but Ive been nothing but happy with my Vaccum sealer. Works great with a sous vide machine or storing food in the freezer

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Useless

Kmart has gone steadily downhill especially with it's home&co brand. Cheap. Yes. Also nasty.
Frustrated and disappointed with this vacuum sealer. Bought it before travelling to save money on food.
No more electronics from Kmart for me. Took fifteen minutes to seal our first meal with air bubbles everywhere and juice all over the machine. Seals OK but the vacuum doesn't suck , well the product does though.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Less than perfect

This machine does not work on the vac and seal function. The motor keeps working once the air has been taken out and does not automatically go on to seal the bag. On the seal function only, the top may release or not. I have to pry it open most times. The get what you pay for...cheap and nasty.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

BibbyGSydney

unreliable machine

There is a long delay after the vaccum stops, to when the machine seals. The machine doesnt hold the vaccuum seal so air leaks into the package during the delay in the sealing process. It seems to have a mind of it own, it might open on completion or it might jam shut or sometimes it doesnt work and I have to reset.. Ive also noticed packages leaking air were they have been heat sealed as the seal burns through the plastic. Im not sure if this is the homemaker bags or the machine or both. Its a pity, some basic quality control and it would have been a good value product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Still not sure, ok for first time using this

Bought this recently, works OK, but not perfect. Not all packages sealed, whether meat or veggies.
Like other reviews said, i had to hold handle down to deal packets, then had to force lid open.

Instructions are woeful. I think if these gave a simple list of storage tips, & general increased shelf life would be helpful

But starting to read up on techniques id definitely worthwhile, regardless of brand/ model

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

No complaints, moderate use

Date PurchasedJan 2017

BOBBY W.

BOBBY W.Bendigo, Victoria

For $59.99 It's Amazingly Easy to Use, & Worked Time After Time Without Difficulty...I'm Pleasantly

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Liane

Liane

Dont waste your money

We purchased this item and it broke on 4th use.....we had it replaced...and it broke on the 1st use.... we will be getting a refund this time. I think I will spend the extra to get a branded one. This one promises the world and does not deliver. Not worth the time

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Pugsley

Pugsley

Seals but not air tight

I have just brought this product in the last week and have tried vaccum and sealing raw dog meat but finding the bags still have a bit of air still in them. Are they suppose to be airtight or should they have alittle bit of air in bag.
Thankyou .

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Dont bother... absolute rubbish

I bought this product about 6 months ago and today was the first time i attempted to use it.... does not completely seal, and the lock mechanism will not release at all so i had to forced it open. Total rubbish and is a total waste of money. In the bin it goes

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Robbie

RobbieToodyay. W.A.

Poor product.

I bought it at Kmart and it was hopeless. I had to hold it closed as the latching mechanism would not work and it was generally flimsy. Moral is you get what you pay for. I returned it and bought a Russel Hobbs from J.B.Hifi and it is a great well made product that always works well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
CM3

CM3Bradbury

Well, it does the job, with a little bit of effort.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

tismet36

tismet36AU

Was skeptical about this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2016