Honda BF50

Honda BF50

See the Best Outboard Motors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2018 BF50 Honda misfire at 4000 rpm

I bought this Honda outboard because I love Honda products but with only 20 hours on it and it misfires like crazy at 4000 rpm can’t hardly hold on to the tiller handle it is ok above 4000 rpm and below 4000 most of the time but seems like I get misfires at full trotted now to bad for Honda beautiful looking but not working out Honda dealer is trying to help but can’t come to see it on the boat in operating conditions

Date PurchasedAug 2018

John R

John RMelbourne

Love my Honda

Have a 50 hp Honda on my 420 sc renegade awesome economy plenty of go for this setup top speed 52km pulled 90 kg on wakeboard and had a great day with kids ,was under load most of the day and used at best 12 litres . Fishing the next day trolling lures so quite running sounder ,charger for phones what a great motor so happy I chose a Honda

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Dan

DanMelbourne

Starts first turn, awesome on fuel

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Xav L

Xav LPerth

Honda Legendary Reliability

Our 2004 Honda BF 50, has been used in a fast response, commercial use operation powering a 4.5m RHIB for our sailing club for over 12 years, and has never once let us down. Would start when Mercury and Yamaha would not. Would clock 27 Knots pushing a 4.5m RHIB, and has clocked over 4000 hours, and has excellent fuel economy, 20L per 100km.

Great to Hear Xav L!
-Sarah

Honda BF45

I had a Honda BF45 on my 4.1 m aluminium pontoon boat . It did 3500hrs before I sold it. What a magic motor. It pulled two biscuits with 2 x 70kg adults . Change your prop to a Solas the Honda props have no cup . I am having a new boat built now was going to put a Honda 100 on it but the service agent is limited in Dunedin N.Z so have gone for a 100 4 Stroke Merc.

Thanks for your feedback Dawn breaker. - Sarah

BF 50

I have a new BF50 that won't pull the skin of a custard. 2 kids on a biscuit and will not get them on the plane. Brother has a 30hp Yamaha pulling 2 adults. Changed prop no difference. Had it back to the dealer for checks, they say it's ok. This is my 5th outboard, properly my last Honda.

No power,

4.8 formosa

4.8 formosawollongong

can not be fix

i have a bf 50 and it has no power and the alarms keep going off. it has been 8 months and still not fix still under warranty had a new Head put on it ,water pump,computer reset, Impella, 4x o2 Sencers... i take it for a run and its fine for 20 min then back to the shop we go
it was reliable but not any more
after sale service

Chris L.

Chris L.asked

G’day guys ( or girls )
About to order 50 hp tiller steer and have been told conflicting stories by Honda dealers as to wether I can have a 60 hp tiller arm fitted to the 50 . I want the trim / tilt on the throttle . My other option is to mount t&t on gunwale , but not my preference.
Cheers

Chris L.

Chris L.asked

Can dealer fit a 60 tiller handle to a 50 Honda as I want trim / tilt to be operated by throttle hand ? Cheers

Alan B.

Alan B.asked

Will a Stingray Starfire Hydrofoil fit and work on a BF50hp 2006 Honda outboard?

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives