MPN: CRF230F

See the Best Trail Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2019 crf230f

Great bike to get around on the trails and hills. Prefect for beginners and intermediate Riders. I have been a Die Hard 2 stroke fan. But I have to admit the CRF 230 is way less maintenance more affordable and does with the bike is meant to do. This is by no means a race bike. My only complaint would be the drum rear brake other than that it's a great bike.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Just great fun and worth owning one!!!

I'm 50 and just last summer bought my first dirt bike . I'm and experienced street rider but never had dirt .... I'm inlove with my CRF 230 F !! I ride extremely aggresive and it performs excellent, thank you Honda !!!!!! I think everybody should go get one , anyone can ride and have a blast !!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

07 CRF230F

I am 14 and acquired a 07 230F only in October have only ridden it round the block a couple of times and ridden it in the strathbogie ranges once i am a very inexperienced rider but felt very good riding my 230 is was bone stock when i got it but it had been serviced be Honda regular since new with Honda parts the only mod i have done is add a set of 132 jets and unrestricted the air box also tuned it. Also my last bike was a 07 CRF100F which i out grew. My dad who is a very experienced rider enjoys riding it. Also my bike has rec reg in Victoria. Cheers

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Date PurchasedOct 2011

DanAU

You Get What You Pay For

Dan

what happened to the "more than the sum of its parts"? why would that be removed? Am I doing this for nothing?

Dan

Hey, the t-4 pro-circuit is the best for a 230f, they will fit all late models. Someone asked me that and my answer wouldn't publish.

This is a good bike fast parful but hard starting.

I got me crf 230 3 months ago and I love it I really like the 6 speed transmission but that are a couple down sides first off. If you live in the North like me and have nothing but cold like below 0 for like 5 months out of the year it doesn't start. Well when cold but once it is worm it is OK only other problem is teans don't shift well. Someday it might be from the cold though it works well have driving it through a river up to the seat and still ran so good. Bike also doesn't have power that 2 strokes have.

Incredible

No need to say it but this bike is awesome: great, great and great. Perfect for a kid a who wants to upgrade. Cannot think of a better bike. HONDA has done an excellent job with this bike and it has lots of power, it is reliable and easy to handle and control.

Crf230f

I'm 14 years old I bought a 2010 crf230f it has lots of power I hardly maintain it but never lets me down I do proper trail. I go through mud, water and a lot more I hope this review helps you to one of a hell bike.

Great all around bike!

I have a 05, i have owned few bikes but this 230f is perfect for all riders beginners or advance, perfect for trail riding, has decent power & the top speed is also pretty good. I would denfinitely recommend this bike..

Extremely reliable!

I bought an '08 crf230f about a month ago. I didn't want any liquid cooled racing machines because all I do is ride trails all over, not race. I've owned and loved crf's and xr's ever since I got my first bike as a youngin. I'm extremely impressed with the handling and over all performance of the bike. Low maintanance, perfect handeling, pretty much bullet proof bike. My only quirk is it has no kick start for back up if the battery dies

mat1980

mat1980Burnie

2014 Honda CRF203F

Awesome bike

I've owned mine since 2010 and it has been an awesome bike. I usually ride on tight single tracks and it performs quite well. Very good trail bike handles rocks/logs well. Extremely easy to ride, starts fairly easily when cold, takes a little to warm up. Never had any problems with the bike apart from light globe's and fork seals, been very reliable. Engine very low maintainence, great for beginners. Very capable straight out of the showroom.
Very reliable, Fairly light, handles well, very good when the going gets tough, good on fuel, easy to learn on, nice torquey motor
Not over powerful, shocks could use some work, not overly fast, sixth gear seems a bit short (always going for another gear)

Honda CRF230F

I bought a 2003 CRF230F for Two grand, The only thing wrong with it was the valve stem seals. Meaning that oil leaked into the motor and was burnt upon starting it.(blows smoke for about thirty seconds after firing up) but the bike itself is an absolute ripper! it's a real torquey, strong motor and it has plenty of grunt. me and my mate race around all day, and he constantly asks to ride the 230 over his KTM 85sx.
I just tell him no!!! The bike is too much fun to ride!!
Power, reliability, 6 gears.
Valve stem seals, heavy, only electric start.

Honda Lover
Honda Lover

Great reliable Trail bike

I bought a 2004 model crf230f about 6 months ago and have done plenty of riding on it and am very impressed with the reliability of this bike, Its is a fantastic bike to get if your not doing anything to extreme on it, Only bad thing about this bike is the weight and the fact that it is only electric start.
Strong reliable unstoppable engine, fuel effeincy is amazing, quiet stock exhaust
Weight, only e-start

Great bike

This is an awesome bike for someone who isn't doing huge jumps and just wants to ride the trails. The bike can be tame but when you want it to she sure dose move. Definitely recommend for an everyday driver. One down side is the bike is harder to start when it is cold but most Hondas I've owned have like choke.
Easy to start when hot, easy on gas, corners great, suspension is plush, many aftermarket parts for it, e-start
Starting when it is cold, slower to get to top speed,

BigRedSnuffy

BigRedSnuffyAU

Very impressed, heaps of torque and brilliant suspension

And I say this standing 6"3" and tipping the scales at 124 kilos. The 230 is a terrific bike with plenty of power to haul my ample carriage around a track and the suspension is fine. Easy to maintain, frugal and fun.
Easy to ride, excellent torque, great stoppers, not too loud.

dazdog
dazdog

how is it on sand?

Akerzy1234

Akerzy1234

Good

In the time I have owned this bike it has been an awesome ride. Maintenance ie changing the oil or air filter has been incredibly easy and in general it still provides a thrilling ride even after 1.5 years use. The drum brake on the rear and the suspension are the areas in which honda has cut back on but it still is an excellent recreational trail bike.
Bulletproof engine with a simple but effective design. Good steady power that suits agricultural use, learners or people who prefer a more controllable motorbike
Suspension is not designed for mega jumps but it still does an excellent job for everyday trail riding or small jumps

RNelsopn
RNelsopn

Great little bike. I added the power up kit, Works Pro Series rear shock and upgraded the front forks. Now I have a great riding and performing bike. 2007 CRF 230