Kawasaki KLX250S

Kawasaki KLX250S

See the Best Trail Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt

MattAU

Fun bike, but other 250's are better. 2007 Modal

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Steve

SteveMelbourne

Really good bike - reliable and easily modified.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
DebDeb

DebDebMelbourne

So far so good

Had no problems so far. Good on fuel. Did my riders course on a Honda and the Kawasaki outperforms it. Handy helmet lock. Will eventually upgrade when off my learners but for now- great bike to learn on. Registered for road use as well as offroad but havent tested it on dirt yet. Happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jay

JayWodonga

Great for the money

macca535i

macca535i

Great beginner bike, I learnt to ride on my KLX and have built up some good skills, both on & off the road. I will eventually upgrade to a euro naked road bike of some sort, as I prefer riding on the road to the mad world of trail riding, but im grateful I purchased a bike that can do it all first up, letting my get a taste of both worlds.
cheap to buy, cheap to fix, built incredibly well for the price you pay. comfortable commuter around town, tyres a perfect balance between trail and road grip.
fuel tank is small, 6 or 7 L at the most, i still get 120ish km per 5 L b4 i fill up again. not overly powerful stock, but a pipe & carby re-jet sorts that out.