Yamaha TT-R230

Yamaha TT-R230

See the Best Trail Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Oztog

OztogSydney

Great dirtbike for fun times

Chose this for my first dirt bike. I was a moderate level street rider and never had ridden on dirt, this bike made it easy and fun I loved my CRF230. The handling as you would hope from this bike is great as is the suspension which I did aggressively and it performs very well.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Display Name

Display NameBrisbane

Great bike for farm work

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Stable

Pretty good, not made in Japan but good non the less.

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Hunter

HunterLockhart

Reliable bike

I'm 15 and I've had the 230 over 5 months now its an 07 it runs great I'm 5'8 120 pounds so it fits me. I haven't had any problems with it besides normal wear and tear. This is my first bike definitely has power but not too much to scare you. Especially since I like tighter single track sort of enduro type rides this bike is great. Watch the front forks on downhills though they tend to dive. Besides that really tough bike cranks every time I hit the starter.

Date PurchasedJun 2007

Donna

DonnaSingleton

Great bike

Got one of these when I needed to upsize/upgrade. Mostly use it to ride around the property and muster cattle. I’m definitely not an overly experienced rider but found this bike smooth, easy to handle yet still had enough power when I needed it. Found it easy to do a basic service myself. Electric start was also a bonus. Good reliable bike even for the less experienced rider.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Seat was uncomfortable and the drum brake the motor was bullet proof I rode the piss outta it and i

I loved the bike I've had a yz 250 crf 450 both great bikes but the ttr i dont have to worry about my friends when they come over to ride it jerking the slobber out of there mouth im looking at purchasing another ttr 230 just to beat around on in the woods I have a raptor 700r a rzr 900s and I still find myself missing my Lil ttr

Goofy

GoofyFakeville

Getting way too big for the bike at 6' 4'' but it still runs great!

I think in my previous reviews I forget to mention that the bike is a 2007 model. Many would think that a bike of that age would be showing a little bit of wear. Apart from some small suspension issues and longer warm up time, the bike is still running great! i recently opened it up flat stick in 6th gear and it absolutely flew! Defiantly not a toy.

love the bike and never had any problems wit it other than wear parts

i have a ttr230 2011 and i love it, never had any problems other tham wear parts and handles. i fell a lot when i just got it. it was my first bike when i was 14 and it had a lot of power for my age and still does! it is excellent to control and can do some awesome stuff!!

awesome bike

I got this bike new six months ago. I love it, engine has lots of torque and power. Very easy maintenance, engine runs smooth and after gearbox breaks in (4-5 hours drive time) gear changes are really smooth.i do lots of single track riding and its perfect for that. I plan to keep it for a long time.
tough,powerful, good ground clearance.
rear drum brake can be weak,seat gets uncomfortable after a day of riding

jayzonk

jayzonkTORONTO

Riding it in snow??

I've had several bikes in my time, and you cannot just take a stock bike and ride it in the snow - you need different treads, or spiked tires. As for sand, it's the same issue - you have to set the bike up for deep sand riding, no matter what type of bike you have. It's unfair to blame the TT-R230 for that. Just get it equipped right, and it will work!!
I do lots of tight singletrack here, and the bike is incredibly nimble. Just the right combination of power and handling.

awesome trail bike

The ttr230 I an absolutely great bike for trail riding and off-road in general. I've had to do very. Little work if any on it and overall a great starter bike

Awesome trail bike

I recently just purchased a 2015 ttr230 and I absolutly love it. I'm 5'8 and fit this bike perfectly. It's got good power to lift the front wheel in third and make a rut while you're cranking through the gears and a nice note for a trail bike. No complaints about this bike other then the seat's a little uncomfortable and it's cold blooded but other then that, it's a great bike.

Russ

RussSydney

Great first Bike!

After owning 2 ttr230 s the second being a rego version {[ttr230a]. Good points : low seat; bullet proff engine,easy maintance,great in the bush,looks ok ,100ks till you hit reserve, second hand around 3 gs rego cheaper for none rego Not so good points : bit heavy 116kg wet suspenshion can bootom out on big er jumps .
all in all fully recomend this bike to start out on

Brilliant first bike.

I reckon a ttr230 is an excellent choice as a learner trail rider. Easy to ride and smaller frame and low power. Awesome build quality. This is one tough bike. I've bailed off mine a few times without major problems. Keep in mind this is a learner bike and the idea will be to step up to a more serious dirt bike once you learn some skills. I'd advise upgraded handlebars and bark busters.
Electric start, Japanese quality, looks reasonable, low seat height.
No factory headlight, kick start, speedometer of any kind or horn. Front shocks are a bit average.

simply the best for an all rounder

i just bought 1 the other month and i ride allmost every week
very strong and reliable and affordable
i love it cuz it can do all i still havent figured out what to do like enduro trails MX SX ect but it might just be me getting of a 110 or the front end is a bit heavy but overall i give it 10/10
very strong and reliable and cheap
nothing

Huston209

Huston209Lisbon Falls, Maine

I hate it...

I just got this bike one year ago. I am in the garage more then im out side riding. it is to heave to even corner good. it's terrible in snow and sand. but if it is the price you are looking at that is still wrong because you will have hundreds of dollars to repair it ever time you ride
Price
Heavy and reliability

xXSmoogersXx

i think it is a good bike you probably cant ride it properly

paulie.illuitok
paulie.illuitok

Agree. I'm working on it more then im riding it.. parts are expensive.

Best bike to buy if you like enduro.

Solid Bike

Got it Christmas, had it about a month now and i am very pleased with it. When i first threw my leg around it floored it and i got a shock! This thing can move! Everyone told me how this bike would suck but when they rode it they were very suprised, this thing has taken me through some rough spots and pushed its way out just fine!
Great Power, ultra reliable, Good speed, very very good bike
I found it heavy but i can now pick it up very easy and im 13!

The other guy
The other guy
xXSmoogersXx

its not about the power its about the rider, my friend has a drz125l and he can beat his dad and his dad rides a drz250

true