Honda EU30is

Honda EU30is

See the Best Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

John
JohnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good unit for me

OK ive this one for about 3 years . done alot of hrs and have had a tuff life in front of a caravan thats done a lot of bush and hwy traval. Downs on this unit, its heavy and the fuel cap leaks fuel when being sloshed around, so weather its in the back of the ute or in a trailer if you have fuel in its tank its going to spill. Thats it. The ups, Its quite, Runs the Air con Plus Fridge Plus Lights Plus Micro wave TV etc All the same time, and it doesnt struggle. might use more fuel in that instance but hey what ever, it has not let me down not once. What Peeezze me of the most, Well its the fuel Cap, and thats. its Probably over engineered ,just my point of view but you get what you pay for dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing

Jud

Got the right fit after researching generators

Purchased for $4,500.

Carol T
Carol TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going 15 years later!

We bought this generator in 2005, within the first 2 years there was an issue and we took it to our local Honda dealer and as it was under warranty we were given a completely new machine. It’s still going strong all these years later.

Purchased in for $4,000.

Find out how Honda EU30is compares to other Generators

David
DavidMackay

Eu30is fault

My eu30is pull cord wears through approximately 200mm from the T handle. This is where is goes through a guide. Honda dealers say this is normal. I disagree as the unit is only 12 months old with limited use. Dealer said this is from vibrations not covered by warranty. I believe its a design fault and should be covered.

David
DavidHobart

Unreliable

Very very dissapointed. In less than one year this product was back at the dealers 6 times for the same problem: plug oiling up in a matter of days, or 12 hours running time. One week ago it was in for a decoke, being the technician's diagnosis and two days later the same problem. I have to clean the plug once or twice a week and am only running it for a couple of hours a day. I am complying with all recommendations, fuel is fresh, lots of ventilation, mixing between eco and standard mode etc, but it is still an extremely unreliable and frustrating machine. I live remotely and use it as back up for my solar system. Honda quality has gone down hill since I bought my first generator in the 80s

Wooke
WookeMiddle Pocket

Honda warranty support is questionable

Purchased at Generator Store for $3,500.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Japan1AU

Hefty weight- hefty price tag - poor performance.

Harry
HarryMelbourne, Victoria

Excellent option for Solar Battery backup charger.

I have acquired the generator second-hand with a recently purchased property and been been using it for over 6 months now and is has performed flawlessly. It is very easy to start, relatively quiet and economical on fuel. Just recently added and auto-start kit linked to my Selectronic SP-Pro Inverter which works exactly as configured.
Easy to start, quiet and economical.
Would be great if it was a few kilos lighter so one person could pick it up!

James H.HondaSend a private message

Hi Harry, Wonderful to hear such positive feedback. Please rest assured that we have passed your feedback on.

Generators

Find out how Honda EU30is compares to other Generators

Honda EUis 30

Best generator i ever had, excellent fuel economy especially with the 17l tank,
Wireless remote control system can be purchased so you can start the gene while your in the warmth of your caravan, super quite & came with 4 year warranty, very easy to maintain, changing the oil only takes 5 minutes, this gene can handle running the air conditioner yet the eu20 struggles & chews the juice.
Good fuel economy, very quite, well designed
Little bit heavy to lift for 1 person

Matt48SYDNEY

Great machine

The best thing I could have bought for my business. It's quiet powerful and reliable. Really easy to use, my wife can start it with no trouble and she is pretty useless for most things. I use it commercially and have given it a good thrashing. Still better that three versions of eBay junk. Power rating by Honda is grossly under rated and can put out more than what they state and doesn't get simpler to use.
Reliable clean power when you need it and easy to start and use
Hefty price but still worth it and more

Col62
Col62

Kobus
Kobusasked

I have a Honda EU30is. I connected it with too many appliances and it overloaded. I switched it off and disconnected appliances. It runs but overload light cones on with very light loads and it cuts power. Can it be fixed?

Ron
Ronasked

My2019 eu30i keeps going to overload I ran a cig inverter welder from it at low amps and I was told this could have caused damage to the inverter ? I have replaced the spark plug and rectifier in the hope this would fix the problem but it didnt I am not sure what to do next .

Jud

Sorry Ron, reread your question.
I would dare say she has suffered damage .

Allanasked

I have a new Honda EU30IS generator. Page 33 of the owners manual shows circuit protection reset push buttons.....my unit does not have these. What happens if I overload the generator ? I am located in Victoria Australia.

Jud

Hi, pretty sure the 12volt dc outlet has a circuit breaker, its a small push in button next to the 12v outlet.
Ac , no, I have circuit breaker on the 15 amp to 10 amp lead I use...
Hope that helps

Allan

Thanks Jud, just a bit odd that it differs from the owners manual.

CategoryGenerators