Honda EU30is

Honda EU30is

3.8

Jud

Jud

Got the right fit after researching generators

Purchased for $4,500.00.

Carol TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going 15 years later!

We bought this generator in 2005, within the first 2 years there was an issue and we took it to our local Honda dealer and as it was under warranty we were given a completely new machine. It’s still going strong all these years later.

Purchased in July 2005 for $4,000.00.

Electreks P

Find out how Honda EU30is compares to other Generators

David

DavidMackay

Eu30is fault

My eu30is pull cord wears through approximately 200mm from the T handle. This is where is goes through a guide. Honda dealers say this is normal. I disagree as the unit is only 12 months old with limited use. Dealer said this is from vibrations not covered by warranty. I believe its a design fault and should be covered.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
David

DavidHobart

Unreliable

Very very dissapointed. In less than one year this product was back at the dealers 6 times for the same problem: plug oiling up in a matter of days, or 12 hours running time. One week ago it was in for a decoke, being the technician's diagnosis and two days later the same problem. I have to clean the plug once or twice a week and am only running it for a couple of hours a day. I am complying with all recommendations, fuel is fresh, lots of ventilation, mixing between eco and standard mode etc, but it is still an extremely unreliable and frustrating machine. I live remotely and use it as back up for my solar system. Honda quality has gone down hill since I bought my first generator in the 80s

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Wooke

WookeMiddle Pocket

Honda warranty support is questionable

Purchased at Generator Store for $3,500.00.

Japan1AU

Hefty weight- hefty price tag - poor performance.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Harry

HarryMelbourne, Victoria

Excellent option for Solar Battery backup charger.

I have acquired the generator second-hand with a recently purchased property and been been using it for over 6 months now and is has performed flawlessly. It is very easy to start, relatively quiet and economical on fuel. Just recently added and auto-start kit linked to my Selectronic SP-Pro Inverter which works exactly as configured.
Easy to start, quiet and economical.
Would be great if it was a few kilos lighter so one person could pick it up!

James H.Honda

Hi Harry, Wonderful to hear such positive feedback. Please rest assured that we have passed your feedback on.

Honda EUis 30

Best generator i ever had, excellent fuel economy especially with the 17l tank,
Wireless remote control system can be purchased so you can start the gene while your in the warmth of your caravan, super quite & came with 4 year warranty, very easy to maintain, changing the oil only takes 5 minutes, this gene can handle running the air conditioner yet the eu20 struggles & chews the juice.
Good fuel economy, very quite, well designed
Little bit heavy to lift for 1 person

Generators

Find out how Honda EU30is compares to other Generators

Matt48SYDNEY

Great machine

The best thing I could have bought for my business. It's quiet powerful and reliable. Really easy to use, my wife can start it with no trouble and she is pretty useless for most things. I use it commercially and have given it a good thrashing. Still better that three versions of eBay junk. Power rating by Honda is grossly under rated and can put out more than what they state and doesn't get simpler to use.
Reliable clean power when you need it and easy to start and use
Hefty price but still worth it and more

Col62
Col62

Steve2014

Steve2014asked

Hi, I’ve recently bought a brand new EU30IS and have just changed the oil, not It will start and run for a short time then cut off.
Also, the key jammed on once and flattened the battery, will the battery charge when the genny is running?

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve,
Ours is not a key start it’s a pull cord so I have no battery issues sorry I can’t be of more help. You should take it back to where you bought it from whilst it’s under warranty. That’s what we did shortly after purchase and then just get it serviced regularly, still going since 2005.
Cheers

Wally S.

Wally S.asked

What’s the price please

Glenn
Glenn

It runs fine than after maybe 1 hr or all different time lengths it drops reeves and sometimes stops, it starts back up fine than who knows when it stops again. New plug and air filter but where is the fuel filter? Changed fuel and types many times.

Terence

Terenceasked

I want to buy an ultra quiet 3kva unit. Pls explain the eu30i vers eu30is etc. also the images look very different. Some is 35kg - others twice that?

CategoryGenerators