Hoover Heritage 5630

2.2
Janine
JanineSydney

horrendous design

The worst steam mop I've owned. I bought this second hand & didn't do my research on this particular model first. I realise now why they sold it! To turn on the mop, you need to consistently hold/press the button, which is incredibly awkward & crippling. I have to stop every minute to rest my fingers. I feel like throwing this mop out of the window!!! Ahhh

WENDY
WENDYGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sore thumb

I agree with the previous person, your thumb gets incredibly sore from pressing the steam button constantly. I had a Bissell and it is a much better design. The 5630 design re the bottom hook for the cord gets in the way of being able to lay the mob flat to get under things. I fail to understand the triangle head. I would not recommend this mop

Purchased in November 2018 for $240.00.

Cathy
CathyWahroonga

I wish I read these reviews instead of listening to the Godfrey’s salesperson.

1. If I knew you had to hold the button down the whole time I never would have bought it. I’ve just used it the first time and my hands are in crippling pain
2. the mop pad already has a hole in it after 2 rooms. I explained I had rough slate style floors and this didn’t raise any alarms with the salesperson
3. Like another reviewer, there is no where to stash the cord so you have to hold it up.
4. I can’t pull the drawstring tight enough and the fabric head keeps coming off
I haven’t had a problem with it being too wet out I feel thoroughly ripped off and in pain. Avoid like the plague.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

First steam mop

I’ve just used my first steam mop so don’t know how to compare to others but very happy. It’s cleans beautifully! There is some wetness but there is with any mop. By the time I’ve done upstairs downstairs is dry. Lifts dirt no problem. Love it!!
I found it easy to manouvere and do much better than a normal mop. I’m happy with this purchase!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Heritage 5630 compares to other Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

SAbee
SAbeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tooo wet

As other review says, it does it job perfectly especially with the vibration on. Easy for storage as it can fold into half.
The Cons of it are:
1. Too wet and not good for wooden or floating floor board. I have to dry it with cloths after using it so cost more time!
2. Plastic body make a squeaking sound --- to me I am so worried that it will break in half!
3. Hands feel tired after cleaning as the the weight and pressing trigger all the time.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this mop unfortunately.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
KenR60
KenR60South East Queensland, QLD

Should have read reviews before buying ad wasting $100

After using this Hoover Steam Mop my tiled floor is covered in water and while using a normal mop and bucket it takes less then 15min to dry, after an hour using this steam mop my tiles are still wet. Went straight back to where I bought it and was told it was because my tiles are cold??? Wrote to Hoover and because i’d Had it for just er 10 days they couldn’t refund an unhappy customer even though I only used it once

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Rubbish! Don't Buy!

Steam mop stripped the top polished off my vinyl leaving deep strips. Hard to manoeuvre and sticks to floor. Steam button has to be held down all the time at an odd angle resulting in tendonitis. Leaves tiles wet and doesn't get the grout clean. Haven't had a good experience with any of the hoover products

Date PurchasedApr 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
maldemer
maldemerPeel, WA

Still happy

Re my review of November 2014 - still happy with this Steam mop after a year and a half, although the idiot that designed placing the operating lever on top of the handle should be fired, as this places a lot of strain on the thumb holding it down to generate steam. I also find the vibrating head to work well on hard to clean stains, and the handle is a little too flexible when pulling the cleaning head sideways. Otherwise still very happy with this machine!

Sugarbundi
SugarbundiChristchurch

Expensive disposable RIP gadget.

Crap. better off with s $2 variety store mop

After a few months the mop broke. Hoover have no contact number. Their email response was to return to retailer for repairs. Crap crap crap. Don't but hoover. Absolutely disappointed. It said continuous steam for 40 mins. Thats with it set on low. It took toughly 3hrs to mop my floor due to thr mop needing to completely cool before refilling.

Rubbish

Just over 1 year old, this morning blew the circuit breakers in the house the steam mop has obviously failed, leaked water onto an electrical component. The cheap price now long forgotten, now have the memory of a poor product used 5 times, that's about $20 per floor clean.

sugar
sugarPerth, WA

Heavy and hard to use

Its a heavy machine with a horrible plastic handle that you need to keep pressing for steam. It does a good job cleaning the floor but its tiring pushing this heavy monster around the house while pressing fir stream. Regret purchase. Got it from Godfrey for $199. Over priced! Do not recommend anyone to buy it unless you want to work on your biceps and thumbs.

Natalie
Natalie

terrible

Doesn't clean. Just spreads the dirt around. Even after vacuuming the hard floors first. Leaves them wet and the vibrate function does nothing. Dont waste your money. For the time and effort a traditional mop does a much better job. Its now back in the box collecting dust. Hate it

sharnsmith
sharnsmithAU

No issues part from steam button, not ergonomic

Sarah
SarahBendigo

Doesn't even deserve one star. Horrible

Replaced my old steam mop with this Hoover. Extremely disappointed. It uses heaps of water, which is obviously why it leaves the floor extremely wet and streaky. The trigger at the top needs to be constantly held down by your thumb when mopping, which becomes extremely painful and your thumb goes numb. There is no where to clip the cord in at top of handle so constantly mopping over it or standing on it. The cloth triangles always slipping off. Terrible. KEEP CLEAR, not user friendly.