MPN: Z6Y63PA

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Really bad support

Just a warning to anyone considering HP. They do not have service centres in Australia. To organise repairs becomes an exercise in frustration. The HP website directs you to a repair link but no such service exists for Australia. So you need to call them. In my case to have a simple screen replaced on a laptop, I wasted 40 mins on the phone and still couldn't get a replacement part.

Purchased for $1,100.00.

Terrible

6 month old hp x360 convertible. Screen broke for no reason, hp offered to repair for $702! Told us we broke it! The screen is obviously very weak and is not strong enough for a notebook. Always in case when not in use. Never buying HP again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,400.00.

hated it

Went to purchase two of these laptops:HP-14- DH0025TU PAV X360 i3 6/7/19 at Warringah Mall, Sydney. The guy (di..head) at jb hi fi tried to sell me two used ones without discount, they didn't have any new ones. They had fingerprints all over them, he said there was nothing wrong with them and the person who purchased them decided they weren't what they wanted (yeah, bullsh.t! bet they were broken so she brought them back). Jb could have at least cleaned them. Obviously no-one looked at them to see what state they were in, surely you would make some effort if you wanted full price for them!
Then went and purchased two of these brand new laptops: HP-14- DH0025TU PAV X360 i3 6/7/19 jb hi fi Warriewood, Sydney, 1 for me and 1 for my daughter.
Took the laptops home and they both had wi fi trouble, (no other devices in the house had problems), both laptops internet kept dropping in and out.
I phoned hp service to rectify the wi fi problem and the lady told me to do blah blah blah, while I was doing what she told me, the computer froze. She got me to try to do some other things but I said I couldn't because it's frozen, 1 hour later after further investigation from the lady she decided the hard-drive failed and I had to return it. She sent me a letter to take to jb hi fi with the laptop and they gave me my money back. I'm jinx with computers, so after having the sh.ts I went and bought a mountain bike instead.
My daughters computer has a cooling fan problem. And trouble with touch screen when the screen is completely flipped.
Not buying a HP ever again!! My daughter told me to buy a dell but I didn't listen.
Is there a good laptop with the same features around the same price that isn't rubbish?

Purchased in June 2019 for $922.00.

Easy to use

The screen converts into a touch pad with the 360 flip. A normal soft pen may be used interact with the screen, draw pictures etc.
The on/off button is situated next to the left usb port- when I remove the usb device I switch the power off- not a smart design.
On the left is a volume button- the same volume button on the keyboard - f7/f8. Not sure why somebody would double up a function and get paid for it?
I find it difficult to remove the sd card : could have made a small cavity to remove the card.
MacFee and some games is pre installed by HP- so you are forced to use it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Absolutely ridiculous

The pavilion x360 is a terrible computer yes it has all the technical talk but I’ve had three issues so far ( cooling fan not working, headphone jack not working after initially working, and now the replacement is having more issues). the customer service isn’t much better a two hour lunch break from a manager, then to be insulted by the claims Jimpi and told you “...are just looking for someone to blame...” No I am not I just want a working computer like I paid for. Like I expected. I don’t want to have to be chasing you up everyday of the week to get information and processes done like I am having to.

NEVER BUY (would do less stars but can’t)

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very negative experience

I have 15" high HP x360 and I had problem with the first one I had bought online and had to be returned due to freezing. I got a replacement last July just to find out some loose screws on the bottom cover, but could not afford returning as I was heading to Europe and I just needed the laptop with me.
Now, after some 16 month from the purchase buttons on my touch pad started misbehaving and have just just become useless. I paid nearly $4000 for this crap. Thank you HP! Just out of warranty. Next time I will keep as far as I can from your products. My wife's old HP laptop broke it's hinge in no time, and this is another bad experience.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Worse than average

I've had this machine for over a year now. Mostly sits on my desk, should be low wear and tear. I've had horrible problems with bad sectors on the hard disk. Windows updates would automatically install, cause the machine to crash and would require a rollback, lost hours of frustrating time with this. Sound is good. Machine is heavy for a laptop. Touchscreen is good. Fan is really noisy and machine runs hot. 360 hinge is a good concept but the heavy weight of the machine makes it not very usable as a tablet in my opinion. Wouldn't buy HP again and I think I'd look for a machine with an SSD next time.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

So far so good

At the midrange price point the salesman recommended the x360 and a few months later we are happy with the purchase and haven’t had any problems yet.
The laptop is light and compact for travelling, and runs fast for what we use it for (general browsing, Microsoft office work, streaming). The touch screen is handy as well as the fact it can turn into a tablet, and also the speaker is pretty impressive when we have watched movies on it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very fragile

Only after a few months of owning it the whole top right corner of the screen turned into a spider web. One of the cracks reached the bottom left corner. This didn't effect the use of this laptop very much but i was still really surprised that this happened only in march of this year. The paint around the edges has faded a lot and you can see them easily which is disappointing. On the top of the side of the bottom of my laptop; right above the charge hole and power button, it has large cracks in the METAL, showing how cheap that was. The touchscreen is sometimes faulty so i don't use it often. It can run games pretty easily, not amazingly, but you can still play it. Occasionally unsaved documents or browsers crash, much more than i would want. It can run YouTube and Netflix good and it can play high quality videos on it. The camera is very good for a laptop, similar to one of the 2012 Samsung smartphone cameras.
I would not recommend you to buy it because there are better laptops for cheaper out there, but it is definitely not the worst modern ones.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Only had it for a year and a bit and hardrive has crashed

We got the laptop for school and it was a great laptop. I loved it but one day the hardrive started to fail and it stop working And it had only been a year I had the laptop and HP didn’t do anything about it and I haven’t been with a laptop for a while now.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Faulty, unreliable.

I bought an hp pavilion x360 almost 2 yrs ago and have had nothing but trouble. The keyboard/mousepad started to cease functioning soon after i bought it so i called hp support and they repaired it over the phone. This happened several more times over the next few months before they were unable to fix it anymore and sent a technican to replace the keyboard. This happened right in the middle of uni semester and i had no computer for 3 days while i waited for the technician. I was promised it wouldn't happen again and now, almost a year later its happened again. Now what a surprise its unable to be fixed over the phone and its out of the replacement period. This means my only option is yet another technician and no guarantee how long it will last this time. Hp is only ever interested in "resetting" computers over the phone until they are out of warranty and they are not liable to replace. My mistake was not insisting on a replacement when it happened the second time. Never hp again.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Does what you need.

I bought this laptop for my son for his schooling. We have not had any issues with it. For the cheap price its worth it as a study computer but not much more. The processor is quiet slow at responding after about a months use. We are happy with it for what we bought it for. Would not recommend to someone who needs a larger processor.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

This laptop is OK I guess

The first day receiving the laptop, I used it for approximately six hours before needing to charge. In most cases, the fan noises are acceptable in quiet working environments to say the least. However, the fans were extremely loud out of nowhere even if I had no applications open. However, I did not have any heating issues associated with it The trackpads are often misaligned which can cause a build up of dust due to the gap that is not covered by the trackpad.
The weight of this laptop for a convertible is also one thing to notice. On its specifications sector, it states an approximate weight of 1.63kg for this. However, in my opinion I think convertibles this size should be much lighter. Take the Asus Zenbook Flip UX461 for example, its only about 1.35 kg

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Touch pad completely bad

Purchased at Best Buy 1/2017. Within a month the touch pad caused multiple screens to open when I'm typing. Went to Best Buy...they turned off shortcuts. 3 months ago I could hardly type anything with out the cursor jumping and traveling all over the screen. I spent months trying to find out what was wrong. I finally determined if I use a mouse I could actually use this computer. I paid over $600 for this laptop. This was my first HP...will never by one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Not good enough for its price

Bought it on JB HIFI over a year ago. My first purchase in australia (tech one)...performed well for few months and then it started making this weird loud noise and started heating up a lot. It stops and comes on again, not a good experience. The tablet feature is fairly convenient, however it is not as smooth as macbooks (which you can get by just investing 300-400$ more). But fairly good for doing uni work.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Not good quality for the price

Paid $799 over a year ago. Speedy laptop but doesn’t recognise usbs. Will recognise my hard drive but won’t recognise my new printer.

Won’t download a program to watch dvds.

Good for use if internet and word/publisher etc.

As this is my secondary laptop purchased specifically for study, I would not recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

No Problems Here

Ive had my pc for over a year now and has never missed a beat , I love the way it can become a tablet also as it has touchscreen , It has a nice screen and more memory than I will ever use , It is also quite fast and still is as good as the day I bought it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Okay, SO FAR, but not great for that price

I wanted to buy ASUS but they did not have ASUS in a shop, so I listen shop assistant, who I knew for 1 year and he recommended to buy HP..I can say HP is OK ,- Good RAM and memory, pretty fast, but getting hot sometimes and fan is pretty noisy. Also not cheap, still working good. I think HP is no bad, just price has to be lower.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Noisy, often hangs, horrible service

It is a new machine I have bought. From the beginning I have had nothing but troubles with it. It hangs. Occasionally it freezes, and the worse is the noise from the fan. And when the fan is on you simply can't use the machine for anything that requires the microphone. The noise will totally overwhelm the listener.

Dealing with HP support I end up speaking with one incompetent person after the other. The most common reply is "restore the machine to factory setting" I have used HP in other countries. But never again in Australia

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Absolute Rubbish for a HP

I purchased 2 of these Notebooks for the Kids to help in School.
They are absolute Rubbish, one has been back and forward to Hp for repair and the other is also playing up.
Very slow to connect to anything, very slow to open browsers, one unit the screen keeps popping out of its frame when you rotate it.
I am within the I.T industry and would never be able to recommend these.
This all happens before you put any programs of your own on it!
I am very disappointed with these if it had been one I would of assumed I received a faulty Unit, But two of them the same.
Hp does not really want to know about the problem every time you ring they want to do a restore of the system.

Date PurchasedOct 2016