Husqvarna Z Series Zero-Turn

Husqvarna Z Series Zero-Turn

Z242E, Z242F, Z246 and Z248F

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jeffro81

Jeffro81

Been really good

I knew someone with a Victa who had deck issues and another with a Kubota who had belt issues. I got recommended a Husky. I wanted the Z254 model but the salesman advised the Z248F as it was a commercial style. It's been great. The Kawasaki 24hp engine is pretty fuel efficient as I only need to use half throttle as it has heaps of power. It cuts and drives well. Only issue was a blade came off as I'd hit some rocks which knocked it loose. It was only a 10min fix. Otherwise been great machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great for cutting tough Grass

I purchased the Z242F last Spring so it has around 40 hours on the clock. My previous Ride On went through belts every month and did not cope with the tough Gippsland Grass in our area. The deck on the Z242F copes really well with thick and long grass - although it is more capable on dry rather than wet grass. The Vanguard engine powers through each use and has not skipped a beat. The zero turn took a bit of getting used to but it is now great to mow with and handles our windy garden with ease. The mower seemed a bit thirsty at the start but has now settled and is quite efficient. I would recommend the mower if you have thick grass and are sick of chewing through belts.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good Machine

Traded my John Deere tractor mower on this machine. The Husqvarna definitely gets the job done quicker, but doesn't cut quite as good as the John Deere did; as in the finish is not quite as good.
Impressed about the first service being free at 10 hours, and the dealership collects the mower and returns it once its done.
Overall I am happy with the machine for what it is, If I didn't have the John Deere before this and know how good a John Deere is, I would have probably rated this machine higher.
Maybe I am expecting too much from it, I don't know. But for $7,500 grand, I expected a little more.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

A dog of a grass collection system

Date PurchasedAug 2016

PEACEFULGreat Southern, WA

Great cut

Bought one of these a few months ago to compliment my other Husqvarna products. This has to be the best cutting and clearing fabricated deck on the market! Husqvarna have obviously done their homework because fabricated decks are notoriously bad at cutting and clearing grass. This deck does both remarkably well - the best in my experience. The rest of the machine is tough and user friendly and the Vanguard commercial engine (apparently made in a Toyota JV factory in Japan) has been trouble free. I would recommend this machine over other similarly priced and specced brands.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

fleet

fleetasked

I have a RZ4219 is there a fix for the belts breaking?

Billy Goom

G'day, I have never had an issue with the belts on my machine. I would suggest that you have something out of alignment, or you have a pulley issue if you are constantly breaking belts.

PEACEFUL

I've heard of an issue with pulley alignment. Maybe check that the pulleys align on the same plane? Which belt are you talking about? Transmission belt or cutter belt?
Cheers

Gelert
Gelert

Which belt? I've not had a problem with the deck belt but the transmission belt came off about 4 months ago. I took it to a dealer to fix as it was due the 500 hour service. He changed both belts and tweaked the alignment. Been fine since.

jay

jayasked

Zero-Turn Z242F

can a carburetter die

PEACEFUL

Not sure if a carby can die! Depends what's wrong with it? Most carby problems are related to fuel quality / water in fuel / dirt in fuel etc. Sometimes you might get a manufacturing fault but pretty rare. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives

Husqvarna Zero-Turn Z248F

CategoryRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On Mowers
Price (RRP) $7,399$5,999$6,399$7,299
Zero Turn YesYesYesYes
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolManual
FeaturesMulching Capability and Side DischargeDeck Clean-out Port, Mulching Capability and Side DischargeDeck Clean-out Port, Mulching Capability and Side DischargeDeck Clean-out Port, Mulching Capability and Side Discharge
Catcher Type NoneNoneNone
Transmission TypeHydrostaticHydrostaticHydrostaticHydrostatic
Horsepower23 hp18 hp21.5 hp21.5 hp
Max Speed10.46 km/hr10.5 km/hr10.5 km/hr
Dimensions 1016 x 1435 x 1905 mm1016 x 1295 x 1905 mm1016 x 1295 x 1905 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine Displacement726 cc726 cc
BrandKawasakiKawasakiKawasakiKawasaki
Engine NameKawasaki FR Series 23HPKawasaki 2 Cylinder EngineKawasakiKawasaki Z200 Series 21.5 HP 2-Cylinder Engine

Download manual