IRoad X5

IRoad X5

See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by IRoad

• Readable Number PlatesYes (2) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Alex
Alex

Draining battery quickly and stops recording in the parking mode. Terrible WiFi connectivity as well

Got this installed by VW dealer in my new car. Two major issues:
- when parked its draining the battery quickly and stops recording in the parking mode;
- WiFi connectivity is terrible. I have to reload camera everytime to reconnect it to my smartphone, otherwise it can't connect.

Purchased in December 2020 at Volkswagen Dealers for $999.00.

Candace
Candace

Good to have the reassurance!

We had this dash cam installed in both the front and the rear of our vehicle. It was installed by a professional installer who only took a couple of hours to complete the job. The footage on the camera is high quality and for what it is, it's discrete and takes up very little room on the front and rear dash.

My only gripe is to do with the app in that it can be difficult to collect to the camera. The dash cam also has a tendency to get very hot but whether this will impact it's ability to record, I can't yet tell as it's very early days.

Overall happy with the product and the reassurance it provides on our new car.

**Price below includes dash cam for front and rear, and licenced and warranty inclusive hard wire install.

Purchased in September 2020 at Volkswagen Dealers for $1,100.00.

Other Dash Cams

Isabel
IsabelSydney, NSW

Perfect

Lim T.asked

Do I need to power off or wifi off in the evening after I park my car so as to save car battery.

Hi Lim
No you dont. All IROAD Dash Cameras are equipped with Low Battery Voltage Protection so they will turn off at a set battery voltage. This is 12.3volts by default but can be more or less in the app if you wish to adjust it.
You can choose to turn the wifi off on the device if you wish and only turn it on when needed.
Hope that helps.

Lim T.

Thanks for your information.

Dennis Wrightasked

Hi can the iroad x5 be connected to a external battery eg:cellink for when in parking mode.

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for the question.
Yes, the X5 (and all IROAD Dash Cameras) can be connected to an external battery. We recommend the IROAD Powerpack PRO12 which can be seen and purchased here https://www.iroadau.com.au/powerpack-pro12/
It will allow recording up to 48hrs if fully charged.
All IROAD Dash Cameras are equipped with Parking Mode standard. It will operate for the set time or until a set voltage is reached. If you want continual recording all night and all day, then the Powerpack PRO12 will give you this functionality.
Hope that helps. If you need more information, please feel free to call us on 1300 818 622.
Thank-you!

Dennis Wright

I have a Cellink NEO Dash Cam Battery Pack in my car for my blackvue (That I don't like) so If I buy the iroad x5 it will be able to be connected to it the same as my blackvue.Don't want to have to buy another battery pack if I don;'t have to.

Hi Suzanne,
As that is not our product, you would need to confirm upon installation. But, assuming the battery is fully functional, yes it should be fine to use with the X5.

Lloyd G.
Lloyd G.asked

How do we activate the Parking/Motion Sensor Mode? I tried it. Moved around the car in parked position. Nothing was activated/recorded...

Get an answer from our members and IRoad representatives