5Ironman 4x4 Fridge

3.5
3.3

pudz74Far North Queensland, QLD2 posts

Best on the market

Only downside is the size and weight but build quality is top notch and doesn’t miss a beat on 12v and 240v. Would recommend highly. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Show details
BrianMSouth East Queensland, QLD30 posts
  30L
  • +3Thumbnail
Marc
Marc3 posts

11 years constant use !

I have been using this fridge on and off now for 11 years (bought in 2011) for my first solo remote trip and it hasnt missed a beat, when Im not camping, I use it as my shed fridge.
Really impressed so far, Im stunned its still going but it just keeps going and going.
The only thing thats fallen appart is the insulating soft cover but its still also usable.
Really can not fault it in any way. Show details
Karen
KarenCentral West, NSW
  40L

Ironman does not honour the warranty on their fridges!!!!

We have owned an Ironman 65L fridge for over three years, it has been a great fridge. Two months ago we purchased a 40L, the compressor caught on fire and burnt our slide on camper out, which had our 65L fridge in it, which is now gone. Ironman WILL NOT honour WARRANTY. So be be very careful when purchasing an Ironman fridge for camping trips or have your fridge on the back of your ute or in your car for groceries etc. What is the use of purchasing a fridge/freezer for camping when the company making products specifically for camping does not honour their warranties.
East Maitland L.
East Maitland L.Hunter Region, NSW

Great value 4x4 fridge

Not too loud, keeps well insulated and quite cool for a while after turning off. Would recommend this fridge to others.. Only had for 1 year so far so cant comment on longevity Show details
Steve N.
Steve N.Mid West, WA6 posts

Never but ironman again

Purchased in 2015. Failed 6 months out of warranty with a internal gas leak. Ironman were no help.
I would think that a $1000 fridge would last longer. I bought it on the reputation of the compressor brand, but obviously the rest of the fridge is junk. Show details
KerriF
KerriFWimmera, VIC22 posts

Unreliable boat anchor

Purchased 3-4 years ago, had to have the original sent away within 12 months because it would not work on 240v power.
The replacement unit has failed (error E1) on every single trip since we got it. Initially it appears to be working fine but then after an unknown length of time whilst travelling on 12v power, we arrive at our destination with thawed out food. Show details
Ken
KenHervey Bay5 posts

Piece of junk

I purchased a 65l ironman ice cube fridge freezer 4 years ago and so far have had it replaced once and had the replacement unit repaired twice and now it is playing up again. Would not recommend these units to anyone and will never buy another ironman fridge freezer unit.

Nncr
NncrNortheast, VIC11 posts
  74L
Brocky
Brocky9 posts

ok for the price

this is a good freezer for the price of it. my fridge is now just over 3 years old and is starting to play up. only little things going wrong. it uses more power than my mates 50 angle .

I would shop around next time to see what is out there before buying another one.

emjan
emjanAU29 posts

fantastic fridge

We bought our ice cube 65L 4 yrs ago and have never regretted it. Used constantly since then on 12 and 240V it hasn't missed a beat and Iron Man have been fantastic to deal with if we've had any issues. Always seems to keep food well and I like the 2 separate compartments. Used with its thermal jacket. We recommend and would buy again.

Rod
RodBundaberg5 posts
  Verified 65L

Ironman 65L cube

Had one for a 2 years now and really good when working properly. Had a problem lately E1 E3 errors and after being supposedly fixed and returned within the week another problem of freezing the fridge area occurred straight away. Had great service from Ironman agent at Brendale Brisbane even though we live in Bundaberg. Warranty service was quick and fridge was replaced all with pleasant service. Highly recommend team at Brendale and ironman warranty.

Mark S
Mark SSydney29 posts

Excellent Fridge

I have had this fridge for at least 3 years now and it's still going strong.

The settings are easy to use and can swap easily from fridge to freezer usage.

The handles are sturdy and the fridge feels well made in general.

A good fridge for a good price.

Dan
Dan
  74L

Not As Good As The Others

I got 2 years out of my 74L before things went south. The "Warranty" is as good as the paper it's written on and it was a huge hassle to ship this thing back-and-forth to the seller for repair. I also have an Engle fridge which has been going on-and-on for over 13 years now.

Ando8
Ando8Yeppoon4 posts

Same fridge different brand

I bought a 6th gear 40LT fridge/freezer. It is the same as the Ironman but different colour. It was about $100 cheaper and does all the good things that the Ironman does. Low noise, gets done to set temperature quickly and put on economy runs indefinitely on my Jayco Penguin camper trailer battery with 120w portable solar panels attached. Very good unit. Handles could have folded down though.

Bulldog
Bulldog · 65L

Gday all i bought a 65L fridge and freezer iv plugged it into power and it won’t turn on what would be the problem?

Peter C.
Peter C. · Ironman 4x4 50L

H my fridge only works on 240 volts I've checked the fuse and lead and both are ok. I have just replaced the thermistor because it was freezing all the time. Test ran it on 240 volts and all ok untill I plug it into 12v then no go. Battery is fully charged.

Joseph T.
Joseph T. · Ironman 4x4 40L

I connected my 40L fridge to the campsite's 240v, there was a power surge which I suspect blew something in the fridge (there was a pop sound). After that the fridge did not come on again when connected to the 240v. However when I connect it to the car's 12v, it works just fine.

Those with similar experience, what could have blown/gone wrong and how can I fix it?

BrianM

Is there a fuse near the power input?

pudz74

I dare say it’s the fuse. 15amp blue fuse. If not don’t open the unit. Get someone to have a look. It might lead to other problems. Best of luck.

Compare all Ironman 4x4 Fridge listings
Ironman 4x4 65L
  • Discontinued
Ironman 4x4 65L3.1
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $880$800$730$1,300
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity50L40L30L65L
Can Capacity72 Cans62 Cans42 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletWall Outlet
FeaturesInterior Light
Cooling Capacity10 °C to 18 °C-10 °C to +18 °C10 °C to 18 °C10 °C to 18 °C
Weight22 kg20 kg18 kg33 kg
Dimensions 520 x 350 x 590 mm440 x 350 x 590 mm380 x 340 x 590 mm495 x 490 x 820 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Construction MaterialPolypropylene