Janome DC2050

Janome DC2050

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This is my back-up machine. It does have a high pitched sound when turned on. I just purchased it an

Sounded very clunky out of the box till I oiled the bobbin area. Took it back to check for oil wick as I did not see one. So far I love the needle up/down, the movement of the needle position, the stitch is great. I would prefer a metal bobbin cover plate along with a metal foot holder, which I did purchase. Hope it comes back with the wick so I can feel secure knowing it is lubricated. My first machine is an Elna 660. Love Love Love it. Thanks Janome for reliable products.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

goldcoastwestie

goldcoastwestieGold Coast

Stirling (ALDI) DC2050 Computerised Sewing Machine

My old/new sewing machine suddenly decided to stop playing ball, despite it still being under Warranty, but the manufacturer doesn't want to support it! But that's another story.
So my local Aldi had these Stirling DC2050 machines reduced down to $199. On searching I see they are actually a rebranded Janome DC2050. Result! I have bee using it more or less every week for the last 6 weeks and it hasn't skipped a beat, it is wonderful, quiet, easy to use, what more can I say but so far so good.

Julie B

Julie BNorthern Region, NSW

Decent machine, but not perfect

Its good, I can't complain too much, I got it second hand at a great price. However it doesn't have the guts I was hoping it would have. I make handbags and clutches and it really struggles sometimes. And it buzzes. Its really peculiar, but easily drowned out by some decent back ground music

skyepocketrocketQld, 4388

Replace previous preview

The 1 star I have rewarded in my previous comment, must immediately be re-placed by *****! Yes indeed, 5 STARS!!!!! Since Janome replaced the foot pedal, it goes like a train. I have since bought a 1/4" foot and a walking foot for quilting. This Janome is now the best sewing machine I have ever owned, and I only have been sewing for 50+ years.......
As per previous comment
The foot pedal

Horrible Product

Bought one of these in July ,would not work out of the box,took it back to the retailer and they changed it for a new one,went to use it 3 months later and same thing,as we were up north of WA no agents so notified them that when we got back we wanted a refund,got back just before xmas,had to trvel from Perth to Bunbury to the seller and more or less got to bad,approached Janome same response,we will fix it but no money back,now stuck with 2 machines because had to buy another to use [not janome],could not care less attitude,disgusting customer service and tiawanese [inappropriate language removed].

Love my Janome DC2050

Fine for the price. Will do more then a Singer or Brother for a similiar price.

flukemtb
flukemtb

Mine doesn't buzz & stitches perfectly at high speed

Hln Fitch
Hln Fitch

Yes mine doesn't buzz either. I also have no problem with high speed.

skyepocketrocket

No buzz and perfect stitching from small to large and from slow to fast.
I can do couture garments on this machine better than on a $2,000.= plus machine!

jeanoneill

jeanoneillAU

What a machine a step in the right direction for me

This machine is suitable for beginners to advanced sewers with 50 in built stitches it easy to dress up your sewing projects.An easy step by step manual to help you on your way it gives you options to use the inbuilt stitches and automatic sewing without the use of the foot peddle is a bonus just set the machine then guide your project through.
Inexpensive Easy to learn on to update your sewing skills