Janome DC2050

Janome DC2050

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This is my back-up machine. It does have a high pitched sound when turned on. I just purchased it an

Sounded very clunky out of the box till I oiled the bobbin area. Took it back to check for oil wick as I did not see one. So far I love the needle up/down, the movement of the needle position, the stitch is great. I would prefer a metal bobbin cover plate along with a metal foot holder, which I did purchase. Hope it comes back with the wick so I can feel secure knowing it is lubricated. My first machine is an Elna 660. Love Love Love it. Thanks Janome for reliable products.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Stirling (ALDI) DC2050 Computerised Sewing Machine

My old/new sewing machine suddenly decided to stop playing ball, despite it still being under Warranty, but the manufacturer doesn't want to support it! But that's another story.
So my local Aldi had these Stirling DC2050 machines reduced down to $199. On searching I see they are actually a rebranded Janome DC2050. Result! I have bee using it more or less every week for the last 6 weeks and it hasn't skipped a beat, it is wonderful, quiet, easy to use, what more can I say but so far so good.

Decent machine, but not perfect

Its good, I can't complain too much, I got it second hand at a great price. However it doesn't have the guts I was hoping it would have. I make handbags and clutches and it really struggles sometimes. And it buzzes. Its really peculiar, but easily drowned out by some decent back ground music

Replace previous preview

The 1 star I have rewarded in my previous comment, must immediately be re-placed by *****! Yes indeed, 5 STARS!!!!! Since Janome replaced the foot pedal, it goes like a train. I have since bought a 1/4" foot and a walking foot for quilting. This Janome is now the best sewing machine I have ever owned, and I only have been sewing for 50+ years.......
As per previous comment
The foot pedal

Horrible Product

Bought one of these in July ,would not work out of the box,took it back to the retailer and they changed it for a new one,went to use it 3 months later and same thing,as we were up north of WA no agents so notified them that when we got back we wanted a refund,got back just before xmas,had to trvel from Perth to Bunbury to the seller and more or less got to bad,approached Janome same response,we will fix it but no money back,now stuck with 2 machines because had to buy another to use [not janome],could not care less attitude,disgusting customer service and tiawanese [inappropriate language removed].

Love my Janome DC2050

I love the up/down button and the easy to follow instructions. It has so many stitches to choose from including heavy duty ones (triple stitch). Being able to change the speed is great. I have tried sewing without the foot control, but much prefer using it. It is still a good idea to have both options. It is very easy to change feet. I have purchased a walking foot and found that very easy to attach as well. I think one of my favorite features is the needle threader. It makes my life so much easier. I bought my machine from Patchwork Pear in Port Lincoln and it came with free lesson. I am so glad I went to the lesson as I was so shown so many easy options to use. I just love my sewing machine to bits. I have made quilts and toys and repaired many things. It's a wonderful little machine.
Easy to use

Fine for the price. Will do more then a Singer or Brother for a similiar price.

I'm not upset by this machine, but I did purchase it for the sale price of $399. I haven't seen it anywhere for the advertised full price of $599. If I had paid that much I would have been annoyed as it is definitely not a $600 machine. With this model of Janome you get what you pay for. A basic machine good for beginners and sewers completing basic tasks. I never expected to sew couture garments using this machine. I bought it because I wanted an easy to use machine to throw together a couple of skirts and dresses from vintage patterns. My main two issues are the high pitched buzzing noise that lasts for 30-60 minutes (they all seem to do it. The display model in the shop buzzed and my friend also purchased this model and her machine also buzzes.) when you turn the machine on and the fact it can't sew a straight seam on the high speed setting. These two problems don't bother me as I turn the machine on half an hour before I sew and the whine stops and I like sewing at slow speeds (my next investment will be a vintage hand crank machine).
I have used the special stretch stitch which is meant for knit fabrics and I adore it. I find knit fabrics annoying to stitch, even with an overlocker (which I don't personally own but have tried a friends) but on this machine with the special stitch, stretchy fabrics are a dream to sew. I also love the needle up/down function as I'm always forgetting to leave the needle in the fabric when I want to turn corners and I find the inbuilt needle threader amazingly easy to use.
Overall I'm happy with the machine. I tried the Brother and the Singer in the same price range. The Brother broke in the shop when the shop owner was showing it to me and the Singer for a similar price didn't have nearly as many features so in the end I'm happy with my choice to go with the Janome.
Great for stretch and knit fabrics. Love the needle up/down feature and the needle threader.
Makes an annoying high pitched buzz or whine when switched on. Not very neat stitches when stitching at high speeds.

Mine doesn't buzz & stitches perfectly at high speedYes mine doesn't buzz either. I also have no problem with high speed.No buzz and perfect stitching from small to large and from slow to fast. I can do couture garments on this machine better than on a $2,000.= plus machine!

What a machine a step in the right direction for me

This machine is suitable for beginners to advanced sewers with 50 in built stitches it easy to dress up your sewing projects.An easy step by step manual to help you on your way it gives you options to use the inbuilt stitches and automatic sewing without the use of the foot peddle is a bonus just set the machine then guide your project through.
Inexpensive Easy to learn on to update your sewing skills