Janome DM7200

4.0 from 1 review · View Statistics

1 review
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Rachel R6South East Queensland, QLD

Great machine but lacks one vital feature

Purchased in February 2020.

Noise Level
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience LevelIntermediate

Kathyasked

I purchased a DM7200 but I have a lot of problems with it. I have problems changing to the walking foot..there is just no room. I have had the needle plate off 3 times today because when using knits it gets chewed up. Even with a ballpoint needle... grrr. When doing buttonholes it may do 1 or 2 okay then the next one is malformed...even though nothing has changed. Any suggestions?

Rachel R6

When using knits, have you tried adjusting the presser foot pressure? Or lowering the feed dogs?
I haven’t used my walking foot yet as it’s such a mission to change it over with that side not opening! I’m seriously thinking of selling it and getting the Sewist 780DC.

Kathy

Yes I have adjusted the presser foot pressure. Maybe I should leave my walking foot on whenever I see knits. I have seen a spring loaded screw perhaps I should look at getting one of those.

annetteasked

I have just bought DM7200 and still getting to know it. Can you change the length and width of the font stitch or is that a set size? Thank you
Annette

Rachel R6

Font can’t be changed like you can with the other stitches. Unfortunately your letters will only always be small.

annette

Thankyou for your response.