Janome JR1012

Janome JR1012

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Janome? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Rebecca K
Rebecca KWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Perfect starter sewing machine

This is a great first machine. I have been sewing with mine now for 11 years, and it has never failed me. I sew lots of clothing like my daughter's dresses, shirts and shorties. I also make bibs and skirts for others.
It is not computerised so not much to go wrong. It has quite a quick stitch per min, and that is unable to be slowed down - that is probably the one down side when you are trying to do delicate work - yet it is also a plus side when you are covering large areas of fabric. It has a neat straight stitch. Easy to thread up. Nice bright light. Simple to change between straight, zigzag, and other pattern stitches. I have attached pics of somw shirts I have made with this machine. Simple to use. 100% recommend.

Gail M
Gail MBacchus Marsh

Good No Fuss Machine with Multiple Functions

Having owned only one mechanical Janome for 35+ years I didn't hesitate with this purchase when my previous machine.no longer engaged the foot attachment. It is a solid performer at a very good price. Easy to thread, change the bobbin, good foot pedal speed. No need to change settings - stitched perfectly straight out of the box. Particularly like that the spools can be retracted when not in use. Additional foot attachments readily available if you need more than the basic set that comes with the machine

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
ausmartin
ausmartinAU

Excellent value for money, would like optional common kit of feet / screwdriver and m/c oil as an option kit.
All performs as advertised.
Value for money, mechanical machine, front bobbin & top loading spools
On LHS cover hard, Plastic cap hard to remove to access screw for changing bulb & accessing oil points.
Manual needs better detailed oil maintenance section. I see more points to oil!
(All sewing machines need appropriate oiling from the cheapest to the most expensive - will then last longer)