Janome Memory Craft MC5200

Janome Memory Craft MC5200

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

curvychick57South East Queensland, QLD

I love, love, love this beautiful machine

I was looking for a new machine but most of the newer ones I tested were lightweight & flimsy. I came across this Janome Memory Craft MC5200 which debuted in about 2010. I was delighted to find a new one through Hobby Sew for half the original Price. It's a heavy machine weighing 11kg. I have been Sewing garments, home Dec & the odd bag. It's a great machine to use, very smooth and a perfect stitch.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

whoodBribie Island

Love it.

I love the different straight stitches you can choose, I like the recommendations for needle thread tension and foot pressure and presser feet to use. I like the speed control slider. I haven't had it a long time, but I am really looking forward to putting it through its paces. It has so many functions, I really don't think I will get to use them all, but it is nice to know that I may.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Janome MC5200 Sale

Memory Craft 5200 | Computerised Sewing Machine

Hobbysew is selling them for $799. They are a well built machine and best value for money at the moment.
The stylishly designed Janome Memory Craft MC5200 provides excellent versatility, including a convertible needle plate. With an abundance of unsurpassed features and handy stitch designs, it will ensure that your creative potential is fully realised. With the MC5200 you can bring your sewing ideas to life.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Wont feed properly.

i have an old janome that never missed a beat it's 28 years old love my new 5200 especially needle up down automatic reverse speed on straight stitch variety of patterns speed control is fabulous makes it much easier to quilt because i can guide it so well could'nt quilt very well with my old janome but the 5200 is brilliant only thing is it won't start a seam if there is more than one thickness frustrating!! maybe someone can help with that?
almost everything
won't feed properly

spikesmum
spikesmum

Maybe if you start with the needle down in the fabric, would that help?

Good

I am only a novice, but this machine has increased by accuracy and ability in a very short period. Have only just touched on some of it's many functions (will probably not use all of them!!). To take to classes, it is not too heavy and with the hard cover will travel well. For the cost, I believe this machine to be an excellent purchase.
I purchased this machine not quite two weeks ago and so far I am very happy with it's operation. The instruction manual is very clear (which is a nice change) and in conjunction with the visual display it is very easy to understand the different functions.
The stop/start button is grating/sticking a little and it is very easy to 'overrun'.Will probably revert to using the foot to have better control.

anne harris
anne harris

this m.c. will not go over anything that is more than one layer very frustrating

liz34
liz34

I love this machine for general sewing, but I am having a LOT of trouble doing free motion quilting on it. The tension becomes very erratic and the lower thread keeps.catching on something over and over :(

stephanieasked

How do I oil this machine MC 5200

thankyou Stephanie

curvychick57

Hiya Stephanie, if you open the little door where the light bulb is you can get to the moving parts easier, especially if you have an oil container with a long nozzle. See the shaft that goes up & down when you turn the hand wheel manually ? I put a drop there & apply just a smidgen to the moving parts. You must not use too much otherwise you may get oil drops on your fabric.
Also, if you take the plate off on top of the bobbin holder, so remove plate, remove Bobbin holder & you'll see a little square piece of felt, only one drop there & you're done.
Computerized machines don't need slathering with oil unlike old manual Bernina etc Hope that helps
Cheers
Lindsey

stephanie

Thank you very much.That is most useful Stephanie

Debbie N.

Debbie N.asked

How do you stop thread catching on bottom sewing plate?

whood

I’m sorry, but I have never had that happen to me. You need to contact your local Janome centre , or phone them, they will be able to help. I have always found them very helpful.

Traceyasked

I too have had trouble doing free motion and was later told the machine was not built to do free motion was very disappointed in this after spending so much on it.. i put it in to have it checked and they told me it couldn't do it.. i thoughg most sewing machines did this?

Sharon keay
Sharon keay

What if you put your needle i position 4. I find then i can free motion quilt.

Tracey

I will try that sharon keay thanks

Get an answer from our members and Janome representatives