Jetstar
1.5 from 2,604 reviews

See the Best Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Vey poor service

I booked this flight a few months ago for a professional conference. Unfortunately I ruptured my achilles tendon last week and had surgery on in yesterday. The surgeon said I was okay to fly. I contacted Jetstar to ask If it's possibly that I can have a seat with extra foot room which they said was unavailable. I then asked if I could transfer my return flight by a day because I now need a driver to pick me up. They told me they could 'waive my transfer fee' but then asked my to pay an extra $75 more than the price I could purchase the same flight for online. So disappointed they couldn't even look after a loyal customer who has been injured. I went with another airline which was far cheaper even with added insurance. Will be avoiding Jetstar now if possible.

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

Cancelled flight. Left homeless

I am writing to you to express my anger at the treatment my family and I received by your airline and how we were virtually left homeless on the streets of Sydney. We were notified early in the morning that our pre booked flight with the boarding time of 9.45 am 19th of August had been changed to a later flight of 3.30 pm and then again to 5.00 pm. It was at about 2.30 we were notified that our flight had been shifted to 2.40 pm Thursday 22nd. The reason given was because of bad weather, even though many other flights departed throughout the day and no bad weather was experienced. As a result of all this, we were left without accommodation at short notice. No refund was offered to supply us with funds to book another flight with another carrier. When we stressed the gravity of our situation and that we needed our accommodation supplied, and how serious we were all affected including people at home and our places of employment, we were continually told that the airline had made it’s decision based on our safety even though that meant we, as a family including an eight year old child were effectively left homeless in Sydney for the next three nights. How is that a concern for our safety?
I am completely disgusted by the lack of support for my family as well as the poor decision making by your airline as it seemed blatantly obvious that other flights were taking place all throughout the day including the time when our flight was due to depart.
We will now be in debt by about $800 for emergency accommodation, taxi fares, food expenses and airport parking as well as lost time at work for which we will have to make up to our employers.
This has been a souring experience and one which will deter me from using your company again should no effort at restitution be made for the inexcusable situation my family and I were forced into.

Late, late

Plane was 2 hours delayed flying Brisbane to Newcastle, 45mins delayed on return. Missed our sons opening game in Newcastle, reason for travel. Booking process was fine, we travel 1/2 dozen times a year.

BookingThrough Airline

First and last time I will be flying with Jetstar..

Honestly, this is the worst airline I have ever flown with... from start to finish, it was a totally horrible experience. I fly at least twice a month for business, and thought I would save some dollars and try jetstar... what a horrible mistake. They are trying to fleece you out of money at every turn. NOTHING is included in your flight charge, so anticipate to be pulling out your wallet for something at some point after purchase. Stupidly, i assumed with my 1 (smaller than average) carry on and laptop bag I wouldn't have an issue. This is how I travel with every other airline with no problem.
Not with jetstar! They have a ridiculously low combined item carry on luggage weight of 7kgs (FYI QANTAS is 14kg). Whilst this was definitely my mistake in not double checking, I was LINING UP AT THE GATE TO BOARD THE PLANE when a jetstar employee was pulling people out of the line to weigh carry on luggage. I was a little thrown with this procedure, but happy to comply. They weighed my bags, which came in to 9kgs... 2 kilos over weight... I was then informed I would need to check the bag at the gate . Not a problem for me! Go right ahead! EXCEPT...this would now cost $60 additional dollars because "proper" bag check was closed... riiight..(again FYI- this is offered through Qantas FREE) I'm flying for business, so by booking default had 20kgs of checked baggage included in my ticket... doesn't matter! It's now $60 at the gate.. no discussion. Either that or the bag doesn't go with you. (Also - Don't bother checking in online and assume your electronic boarding pass will work... it won't!)

Then in flight, not even a dodgy flight coffee with UHT milk is included... no! That's $4.... far out! Really??

Terrible, disinterested flight attendants....so unprofessional gossiping in the middle of service....

return flight was cancelled due to weather (fair enough, unavoidable). But then the next available flight home was 2 DAYS LATER... and i only received a flight voucher as compensation (which will not be used). I'm now out of pocket for another flight with a different airline, an additional overnight stay AND a rental car to get home...

NEVER AGAIN... NEVER EVER AGAIN. Stay away, and spend the extra dollars on virgin or Qantas. Honestly you'll end up spending that money anyway.... TRUST ME

Cancelled flight

My flight out of holiday destination was cancelled with 3 hours notice. Next flight was two days later. This is Melbourne to Syd. Stay clear of Jetstar. They are the worst. First flight was also very late. Hopeless.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

I will never recommended

Disgusting and WORST customer service. Rude and lazy staff. Staff need education and training on how to be NICE and treat people with RESPECT. Without your customers, jetstar won’t be jetstar. Would’ve given ZERO star.

BookingThrough Airline

The worst Airline ever. Looks cheap but promise- you will end up paying more

This is the absolute terrible service I have ever received in life. The rudest staff, 2 hours delayed flight which made me miss my interview and on return didn't let me in as I arrived 20 mins before the flight to gate(the boarding pass says 15 mins!)

It's pretty much like we will go when we want, let us know if you don't give screw about your time to get the nastiest service at low cost.

Baggage - Jetstar Actively discriminates Vietnam

Why is Vietnam the only country Jetstar does not allow the purchase of additional carry-on luggage. Totally unreasonable, and makes me feel ashamed as an Australian that my Airline discriminates against Vietnam. Makes me want to fly Vietnam Airlines, who treat Australia equally.

DestinationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Worst Airline Company ever

Worst flight ever. Flight was cancelled due to bad weather(as per they said) the day was so clear nice and sunny. I was given two options either to rebook flight 2 days latter where I have to pay my accomodation in expensive city like Sydney for 2 nights or refund. I had to pay $500 (Where I paid $100 to book this flight) to rebook another flight next day and they offered me voucher than cash refund. Never gonna fly with jet star in my entire life.

Service is not good

My flight to Brisbane was canceled and asked for refund, they said they can only reschedule so I changed to GoldCoast flight. I had 3kg extra luggage they charge me $60 flat charge which was for 40kg. Can’t expect any help as staff are always aggressive and don’t care about providing good service.

BookingThrough Airline

Why can’t I give 0 star??

It’s a joke. It’s 3am at the moment. My flight from Sydney to Adelaide at 10am today is cancelled, then I moved to 3pm today. I asked if I can get meal voucher as they stated on their website for flight cancellation and delays more than 3hrs. Their staff said no and as if I’m begging them. Then 3pm flight is cancelled again! Moved to 5pm flight! I have now booked with another airline. Simply won’t trust jetstar ever again.

Oh i forgot to mention how rude their staff treated me last time I flew. Asked for $60 extra for me carrying my bottle of soup at Brisbane airport. Asked me to go up and down the whole airport. Totally ridiculous!

My advice: Do not ever fly with Jetstar!

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia

Worst ever!

Worst customer service. For 3 kgs extra baggage their staff asked $120 and as my card was not working I gave her $150 then she was not willing to return the rest so I had to rush down to find the right change. Very rude staff. Even terrible is high rating for this type of service.

Charge me to pay you

Received an error twice when booking a trip for three of the family to go to Brisbane. On trying to pay I received the message Unknown Error. Completed the whole process twice.
Then used the webchat service to query if it was something I was doing or their payment system.
Webchat person looked for a booking just in case it had gone through in background, nothing there.
He could help but it the price went from $165 to $190 as they have to charge for assisted bookings.
This seems to be a crazy situation where I have to pay Jetstar to make a booking because the system does not work nor can they tell what I am doing wrong, if that was the case.
Will try webjet instead. Pity I just paid for my Jetstar memebrship!!

The service...hmmm

The least rate is one star, even that it’s over rated! You get what you pay for, for sure! Cheap airfare cheap service mentality! The staff treat you like you are getting a free ride. The language and the gesture...... If they could treat customers a little more human being they will be treated the same. Just because it’s budget airline they try to milk everything out of you besides your airfare. Over weight for 0.5kg they make you to check in...

Upfront seat payment scam

My elderly parents paid extra for upfront seats on a three hour domestic flight and were allocated row 2 on the self check in boarding pass at the gate they were told that these seats were no longer available and the only choice was a three hour wait for the next flight or be moved away from the upfront seats [rows 1-4 ] and further from the conveniences it was noted in very fine red print at the bottom of the boarding pass that JETSTAR cannot guarantee any particular seat so don't pay extra for nothing its SCAM

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Always delayed and changing flight times with no compensation... Worst airline!

For the second time flying with jet star they have changed our flight times by a whole day for departure and return. Called to see if we could change to a week later as this could not work with accommodation for us and they said it would cost $300 plus more. No compensation for changing times just oh well bad luck. Also have be delayed multiple times in the past two years. DON'T FLY WITH THEM!

BookingThrough Airline

Paid extra due to simple mistake, no help

Disgusting service from Jetstar. Have flown with them for years. Accidentally attributed extra baggage to the wrong flight and they would not help to change it. Had to pay an extra 30 bucks. Not much money but the principle is that they don't care.

Worst airline ever

This first time my wife and 3 years old kid traveling on jet airways and found our seats were sold to someone else and they found it half an hour before landing. Not just super rude
And Careless staff but also a greedy airline. No assistant or alteration provided. Gonna defame this airline for rest of my life

Avoid at all cost

Again, a last minute flight cancellation. This has happened too many times. Not worth booking a ticket with them as you never know if your flight will be cancelled. Very very unreliable!

Worst Customer Service

Flight cancelled last minute. Lies and rude staff. Could get no help at the airport nor over the phone.
I hope they keep true to their promise of compensation. Time will tell. Fly with someone else

DestinationAvalon Beach NSW, Australia