Jetstar

• In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Musicians + Chef do not fly JETSTAR

If you are a musician or a chef NEVER FLY JETSTAR! Paid oversize fee for my guitar for both ways $50 @ $25 each way coming back I paid $30 to change my checked luggage flight to 30 kg because of my tools..the fee for oversize luggage became null n void and I had to pay another $25 for my guitar. This is extortion of the finest execution..Pay the extra $20 - $100 for another airline...you can only spend your money once..

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia

Stunned

StunnedSydney, NSW

Unbelievably bad

At the gate in Hobart airport they are weighing carry on. The flight was not full so obviously this is not about safety. The credit card machine next to the scale said it all. They wanted to charge me $65.00 for being one kilo over between the 2 of us so 500gms over each. Seriously! Finally convinced them that this was unreasonable which was something I guess. Maybe it was the look on my face which clearly indicated they had permanently lost me as a customer. As the flight started boarding we noticed that all the late comers did not get weighed at all. Message here...Turn up late. Complete joke!

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia

Jetstar? Never again!

Booking Third Party

Can't complain about customer service: there is none

I was charged twice for a ticket. The first time was via an agent and Jetstar did not acknowledge it. The second time I paid directly. The problem is: I have been trying to sort this out for two months and so far nothing significant has transpired. The chat line is seriously useless: don't even try it. They demand all the detail and then don't read it. When they read it they don't understand it. It's like talking to a pre-schooler. Maybe it is a pre-schooler. Honestly, best to avoid this airline altogether.

DepartureDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Avoid at all costs

DepartureCairns QLD, Australia

Injured on flight & ignored

Horrible experience and incompetent staff. On my international flight I was struck and injured by falling luggage. They refused any assistance. They denied seeing the incident and didn't even log it!

Joanna V.

Joanna V.

Terrible

DepartureQueenstown, New Zealand

Clarissa

ClarissaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't travel if with infant.

The $30 per flight infant fee is not clearly shown until you are at the payment page when booking your flight. Also if you have a connecting flight your baggage does not get checked all the way so I ended up at my stop over airport with a baby having to collect a suitcase and car seat to check them back in for the next flight. This is apparently a budget airline but did not work out cheaper than qantas after the extra fees but definitely fell short on service.

DepartureNewcastle NSW, Australia
DestinationCairns QLD, Australia
Mack

MackSydney, NSW

Most unreliable and incompetent airline

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
Leon

LeonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incompetent website and rip off policies

DestinationSunshine Coast QLD, Australia

Rude and Unfriendly Staff

DeparturePerth WA, Australia

Ralph

RalphGold Coast

Unprofessional care less

Initial call , boarding delayed 15mins ,after 20mins next call , boarding delayed further 20mins. Still no plane visible and been 10 since last call. Should know to minute where plane is, turnaround time etc.

DepartureGold Coast QLD, Australia
DestinationTokyo, Japan
Booking Through Airline

Unreliable with the worst customer service

I will never fly with this airline ever again. This is what I get for flying a budget airline: One minute late and they refused to check me in. One minute and on top of that I had to pay a late fee for another flight the next evening and lost my seat and won’t be refunded that amount. Credit wasn’t even applied to the late fee. Hate them so much.

Winter A.

Winter A.Sydney, NSW

Adelaide Terminal

The staff at Adelaide terminal are by far the laziest bunch of morons I've ever met. I asked for help and they did not want to get off their fat butt to help. Who the hell are these people? No wonder Jetstar is going bust. soon enough, No one will use this service, and then no one will have a job and then all they're going to do is sit on their fat butt doing nothing. Disgusting. Disgrace, pathetic, unhelpful, useless.

In-Flight Service
DepartureAdelaide Airport (ADL), James Schofield Drive, Adelaide Airport SA, Australia

Rip off

So apparently now they are weighing your carryons. We had to pay a further $65 as our bags were over. They don’t have to handle our bags. We should of went with Qantas or virgin as it would of been the same price. We’ll have to pay more on the way back

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
shanek

shanek

Terrible service

Airport staff were terrible in giving my food service. It was late, 11pm, but the staff refused to serve me at the airport terminal. I now hate everything that Jetstar do, f*$k those c#)ts.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia

Mark Roberts

Mark RobertsSouthern and Hills, SA

Appalling Lack Of Customer Service

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationCoolangatta QLD, Australia

Darien

DarienSydney, NSW

You can rely on Jetstar for delayed and cancelled flights.

Another bad experience on Jetstar: delayed evening flight eventually boarded at 8pm only to sit on the gate bay and runway for 1.5 hrs then turned around back to gate. Terrible, then cancelled next morning flight.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia

Shane Crispin

Shane CrispinNortheast, VIC

Terrible Customer Service

DestinationDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia
ClassBusiness Class

Kendra

Kendra

Phone customer service could be better

Called their customer service for the first time to change a flight date and had a very unpleasant time. Called again and got a male staff who was really polite and nice. Also managed to get my flight changed at a better price. So I guess it all worked out!

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationTownsville QLD, Australia

bianca

biancaasked

Why on earth can’t you help your customers and if they’re late for just 1 minute for Check-in why can’t you just help!!!! I had a family emergency and on top of that you charge me MORE money to get on a flight the next day! You hide behind your terms and conditions. That amount of money can make our break a person Jetstar. As a company you have no ethical boundaries. Air NZ NEVER would have done that!!!!!

Neetu

Neetuasked

Why the staffs are so bad and unfriendly! There should be some basic manners even if they have to shift/adjust our hand baggages, they should ask us first and take our permission to shift and not behave like a cheap staff! Learn to be humble with senior citizens no matter whatever race they belongs to... wheelchair with a staff should do their job properly and not make passenger who accompany to push the wheelchair and these staff simply boycott

I see many bad reviews and I am not surprised at all!! I would never recommend to anyone nor would I fly this airline in future! qantas has a long ways to learn too!! Sad

Ian

Ianasked

Are you all undisciplined arrogant excuses for humans that make up the team or is it just a small number intimidating those that actually deserve jobs. So police for example stop collecting revenue to make a point, teachers give 3 months notice so it can be done orderly, train and boat teams used to stop collecting fares and checking tickets - shall I go on.... You dont have to be smart to be thugs and thats what they call people who go along with holding innocent people to ransom so you can advantage yourself. So my question is, is that how you want the public to see you everytime you walk around in a Jetstar uniform? If not get rid or the people that would subscribe to these standover tactics. Just think - stopping your money grab exercises with luggage, poor quality food etc would have scant a financial message to you employer and you would have actually had the public supporting you. Not now, you left children crying, holidays these people have scrapped together for age ruined, people in wheelchairs for hours that couldnt even hold their heads straight, frightened and exhausted elderly purely wanting to seed their loved ones again - unfortunately in some cases for the last time, people with weddings, funerals to go to. Are you proud and dont blame Jetstar - you did this - and people hate you for it.

Get an answer from our members and Jetstar representatives