Jetstar
1.5 from 2,666 reviews

See the Best Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

One great staff, Carrie!

On 12 Sept 2019 we were flying in group from Adelaide to Melbourne and one of our members brought her own wheelchair. At that time there was strong wind and Jetstar staff was concerned of her safety. Carrie saw the problem, acted on it and provide us with solution. Carrie and her supervisor changed her flight (together with her carer) from Jetstar to Qantas without additional fees and too much hassles. Something similar was also arranged on our way back to Adelaide. They even rang me to confirm the flight. We truly appreciate what Carrie & staff did to our members. Everyone in our group saw her dedication, commitment and passion to provide the best customer service. Well done Carrie!

Cancelled our flight twice.

Booked flight to Singapore and had flight cancelled the morning we were supposed to leave, changed to flight 24 hours later, then cancelled that flight AGAIN and now leaving two days later on a flight via Darwin with an overnight stop with young kids and they can’t get us a hotel? Get your act together, CEO earns $24mil yearly for what? Cancelling flights clearly.
Ridiculous. Never again. Now I’m worried same will happen on our way home and we will be stranded and have to pay for extra accomodation.

Delayed Flight with a twist 6 Hours

Previous day to flight receive a call from Jetstar would I like to Downgrade?? plane with compensation. I said No. This morning receive sms flight delayed 6 hours seems sus to me. Spoke to them to find out no compensation for booking accomadation. As now I arrive at 3:30 AM so I dont need a room as Im a early riser and would of slept on plane. Last flight with them totally unacceptable as reading here to common occurence.

DestinationPhuket, Thailand
BookingThrough Airline

Cancelled our flight twice. NEVER again.

Cancelled our flight and rebooked us for 24 hours later. THEN cancelled that flight and rebooked us on a Qantas flight. Missed a night's accommodation in Singapore that they won't compensate for. Absolutely ridiculous. NEVER again.

DestinationSingapore

Technical issue

Domestic and international flights
Apparently technical issue means there isn’t enough passengers to warrant a flight so that’s is classed as a technical issue. Leaving everyone stranded.
First on Monday and now again today.
Also my partner is stuck in Bali for the same reason. Never again. Would rate tiger airlines better.
Very poor service
The poor frontline people cop the brunt of it all due to the bean counters
Fly virgin from now on

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Jetstar, you are amazing!

When travelling with a wheelchair user, you need to get to the airport earlier than everyone else, which is good, so they can be prepared for accommodating the needs and requirements of the individual travelling. We flew from Melbourne to Uluru, and we could not fault the crew of Jetstar, they went above and beyond to help us out from check-in to departure, 10/10 to you all. When booking, you do need to let them know of any requirements or the need for extra customer care services, e.g. use a wheelchair/scooter etc. Definitely be flying with Jetstar again.

DestinationAyers Rock Airport, Yulara NT, Australia

Sneaky and Greedy

Absolutely terrible experience. Waited right until the last minute then charged is more than the cost of the flight for 1kg extra of carry on luggage. So sneaky and terribly rude staff.

Be very careful before flying with them. They trick you with their sneaky fine print and essentially rob you when you have no choice. Much better to simply fly with any other airline.

Terrible customer 6

Very rude , arrogant front line staff, no empathy , no respect to senior citizen, fishing to take extra charges putting customer in trap. Very disaapointed. Not going to fly Jetstar again.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

The worst airline

Do not fly with JETSTAR. No basinet for baby . Flights delayed. Rude and incompetent staff. Dirty seats. Hidden charges for everything. Do yourself a favour, pay a little bit more and fly Quantas, it’ll be cheaper in the end.

DestinationBali, Indonesia

Bitchy crew

The attendent at front desk looks like she has an attitude problem. Not just with me but with all. The way she was rolling her eyes, one day she will find her eyes back there.

1 star is too much

Flights booked 2 1/2 mths prior, then checked in online (numerous reminders sent ) only to get an email less than 7 hours before departure time to inform flight cancelled. Im working, no time to scan intrrnet for replacement flights thus we had to cancel. Unbelievable less than 7 hours. Unable to contact a ' real person' or email address available to discuss. Unprofessional, unacceptable, unfriendly management overall. A longed for, hard to find time, family reunion ruined. Wont be wasting our time & money with them ever again!

Customer service?!

Monday morning flight Melbourne to Sydney. Delays happen, we all know that and most people understand, but being treated like the customer doesn’t count and it’s all about the provider? Yeah, way to go JetStar.

Last Friday is the final time I will chose Jetstar

Despite previous unhappy experiences with Jeststar I decided to give them one last chance. Friday 13/9/19, booked Adelaide to Melbourne departing Adelaide at 2.05pm. Finally departed 3.45pm. Never ever again.

DestinationMelbourne Airport VIC, Australia

Customer service is abysmal

Customer service both online and in person was horrendous. Tried to call the attention of one of their staff as our baggage had gone on the conveyor but had things hanging out. After being brush aside we had to press the emergency stop and she had the audacity to come and blame us for 'screwing up the system'.
Online is even worse. Trying to claim compensation for a cancelled flight was horrendously complicated and the online support team threatened me when I asked for multiple compensations for a meal. (God forbid one eat dinner and breakfast after a overnight plane delay.)

BookingThrough Airline

Paying for the flights is a nightmare

For the second time in a row I have been charged twice for my airfare.
To pay with a debit or credit card there is a surcharge, which is ridiculous it is the 21st century where online booking is encouraged.

On the website it says that they "encourage" you to use an alternative payment method so that you don't have to pay the fee. This include pay pal, poli etc.

I chose the method Poli as you don't need an account.
I put through all my details and then there is an error. It saids to check your account to make sure no money has come out and then repurchase your flights.

I check my bank account, the money had been taken out.
This is the second time this has happened to me on the Jetstar website.

Jetstar have made such a fuss with refunding me the money as they don't believe that it has happened. I had to speak to 4 different people over the phone and online. All people state that because it is a 3rd party website i am paying with that it is out of their control. EVEN THOUGH, poli was more than willing to help and send emails to Jetstar. Jetstar was unwilling to comply.

They ask you to use this company to pay but then don't support the process.

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

Third world airline

After conversing and emailing Jetstar for the last 8 months over date changes they wouldnt help with,and then ultimately not taking the flight and forfeiting the $1250 we had paid I was astounded to receive emails from them letting me know how happy they were to have us on their flight even though we never checked in or were a passenger. Theres no chance myself or any family member will ever be a passenger on this third world airline again, I would rather pay more and be treated decently.

DestinationTokyo, Japan

Worst Airline Ever

After booking 6 months in advance for a 6.40am they advise a day before that we now don’t leave until 4.40pm. Waiting at gate which is saying boarding/ last call told nothing. See plane come in at 4.25pm. Still no information! 4.47 still nothing. Get it right Jetstar! Never will I recommend your airline. We travel often and this is the worst ever airline!!

In-Flight Service
DestinationIndonesian Embassy, Jalan Tun Razak, Imbi, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ClassPremium Economy
BookingThird Party

Awesome experience with Jetstar

Awesome experience from booking online to touchdown.
Smiling flight attendants and trouble free travel.
Travelled from Adelaide to Sydney for a footy final and back to Adelaide.
Overall one of the best flights for years and a fast improving airline that might give the other big boys a shake up.
Chose to give Jetstar a go after a disappointing experience with a competitor recently and will be sticking with Jetstar for sure.

Last resort airline

They cancelled my flight (which happens) however could not provide another flight for 3 days. I arranged a flight with another carrier and requested a refund to which they ignored and issued a voucher with a timeframe, I submitted a complaint which has been ignored and now 2 months have passed and it's with the àirline customer advocate ACA.

ClassPremium Economy

Never again.

I would give 0 if I could. ZERO communication about delays and cancellations, then offer a voucher, as if I would. Ashamed to say I gave them too many chances.