1.5 from 3,043 reviews

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Jason

JasonNew South Wales

What a piece of crap airline!

They cancelled my flight without notifying me, then left me high and dry. I was travelling with a young family and they couldn’t have cared less. I was out of pocket hundreds of dollars for hotel, taxi fares etc and they refused to take any responsibility in regards to this. Avoid Avoid Avoid I truly hope you go under not worth a crappy airline!!!

Wi-Fi
DepartureGold Coast QLD, Australia
Ana Carolina H.

Ana Carolina H.Sydney, NSW

Disgusting company! They do not respect their costumers.

Wi-Fi
DepartureSydney Nova Gales do Sul, Austrália
DestinationAuckland, Nova Zelândia
Booking Through Airline

Is there minus 10 start available?

I was forced to cancel my domestic flight due to COVID (which I respect) however, I was never given the option to get a REFUND upon my cancellation and beyond that the credit note that has been given to me is only valid for a year, which I believe the law prescribe that a credit note should not be less than 3 years.

Anon

AnonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service, money stealing rats

Had planned holiday, PAID my flights. Covid hit. Was told I was told by Jetstar customer service I must accept a voucher as my flight is going to be canceled. Then they started refunding people, they only offered me a voucher. I want my money back along with the rest of the customers you have ripped off!

ClassPremium Economy
Seany M.

Seany M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

jetstar - refuse to give a refund after only option was a travel credit

After Covid hit I had returned from overseas mid march and needed to cancel our family trip back overseas in April. Jetstar were ONLY offering a voucher and no refund. Jetstar call centre is absolutely useless with no customer service. they have a script they read from and not good enough for australians!

DestinationPhuket, Thailand
Neil

Neil

Avoid Jetstar

Jetstar are cancelling flights with late notice. This leaves you in a very difficult position as they are not placing you in alternative flights. Instead they will provide a voucher as refund.
This means you will get a voucher for an airline you no longer want to use.
And there will be a long delay in getting the voucher as well. They cancelled the flight weeks ago but still no voucher.

DepartureSunshine Coast QLD, Australia
Lyn

LynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flights Cancelled

Booked flights 3 weeks ago, check online yesterday to find Jetstar has cancelled them. All travel is in my home state Queensland which we are free to travel in, so don't believe this is because of Covid-19. Won't give refunds only credits, seems to be a way for them to make money without providing the service. Will never book or travel with them again. Only gave one star as couldn't give them zero.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Put in the wrong name on the ticket want to charge me twice as much as I paid for the ticket

My EA put in her name rather than mine on the ticket. Called up to ask to change it.
Put on hold for 15 minutes. A robotic script reading voice informed me that the name change is going to cost me 60% more than the original ticket cost.
They then put me on hold for another 15 minutes - purely to anger me as I complained at the unjustness of this fee and how out of kilter it is to the original price of the ticket.
It is clear that Jetstar don't value customers - otherwise their rating on here wouldn't be so hideously low.
This is the type of business which will cry for help when COVID effects them and hope for bailouts and customer loyalty - yet they treat customers so utterly appalling.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia

Lloyd

LloydSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charged unfair

Booked the flight 5 weeks ago had a death in the family so I had to change the flight date got changed $760 extra .so all up it cost me $1258 for a flight that is for two from Brisbane to Whitsundays .not happy at all last time I will fly with them ever.

Find out how Jetstar compares to other Airlines

Cancelled Brisbane to Darwin due to covid?

Booked flights in April, two weeks before we fly to Darwin on August 1st Jetstar cancelled our flights “due to coronavirus” except the borders in both Queensland and Northern Territory are open. Only offered a credit, no option to change to other flights and the other airlines are double the price. Clearly a case of price gouging.

Booking Through Airline

Another ruined holiday by jetstar

The worst airline in Australia very unreliable every flight I have booked with jetcrap is delayed or canceled all together they don't give refunds only vouchers to use there crappy service again, pay the extra and don't use this airline, another holiday ruined by jetcrap.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationCairns QLD, Australia
Pieter Smit

Pieter SmitQueensland

FLights changed no refund

My flights have been changed and I did not want to have a voucher done for the reissue of a flight as I hardly ever fly. I wanted a refund and they absolutely did not give this

Will

WillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

NO HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR

Well looks like heaps of Adelaide people have been hit with the August 2020 cancellations to Darwin, this is terrible as I have been hit with another airline and have three credit vouchers I cant even give them away as Christmas presents. Good luck with ACCC been there done that, still waiting on an answer why they are selling seats on cancelled flights, IS THIS LEGAL ??? Also flyers if you have already booked a hotel in Darwin dont forget to cancel it or you will be ripped off. Jetstar you have no respect for you customers. I am over it so thats it I will stay home in Adelaide and put up with this crap weather.

Fiona K.

Fiona K.

Great response in light of Covid-19

We have travelled with Jetstar on many occasions domestically and internationally.

Our experiences internationally have always been great. The aircraft comfortable, the staff attentive and the price brilliant. This year our flight was cancelled due to COVID-19. Jetstar notified us of our options via email and after entering the “network adjustments” query with “Jess” (the online help robot), we were able to apply for and have a refund approved quickly. Jetstar made this process easy and hassle free and I am very appreciative.
I recommend that people give Jetstar a shot when international air travel resumes. Thankyou JQ for giving me some faith in fair and easy customer service during this COVID crisis.

DestinationDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia
Laxmi S.

Laxmi S.Hobart, TAS

I ran with my 2 year old toddler on my arm

I had a flight from Sydney to Hobart with transit at Melbourne. In Sydney, flight was delayed for 2 hours and had to spent about 4 hours at Sydney airport. However, flight on Melbourne was on time and we did not have enough time to collect luggage and check in again. There was already a last call and about 5 of the passengers had to run for 10 minutes. I literally ran with my 2 year old toddler on my arm and a bag behind.
The crew members were not sorry for this neither any of the staff.

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia
Booking Third Party

Victa

VictaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Deceptive & disappointing

Be careful everyone looking at purchasing a Jetstar flight. This has not just happened to me!

I have received an email to let me know our flights from adelaide to brisbane return have been cancelled, and how to organise a credit voucher on line.

I would like a full refund, not a credit voucher. It is impossible to get this as Jetstar want more information regarding my booking! (Yes, the flights they cancelled and I had bought on credit card!)

This has upset me enormously, but the most difficult thing to understand is how Jetstar can still sell tickets two days later on a cancelled flight?

Roslyn V.

Roslyn V.South East Queensland, QLD

One star because no star is not an option

DepartureHanoi, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
DestinationDanang, Hải Châu District, Da Nang, Vietnam
Kane B.

Kane B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Deceitful practices, going against consumer law

Poor form by Jetstar to mislead customers into opting for vouchers, when they are duly entitled to refunds for cancelled fights.
Jetstar are refusing to refund my voucher, even though they cancelled my flight, and I'm no longer in a position to travel, rendering the voucher useless.
If the service cannot be provided, the consumer is entitled to a refund - Jetstar are not being forthcoming in offering this option to customers. Hopefully it's not long before the ACCC come down hard on Jetstar, as they have with Qantas.

David S.

David S.South East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless Customer Service

Jetstar emailed me Saturday 4th July to inform me that my flight days/times had been changed which no longer suited us. We went to get a credit voucher, thinking it would be done automatically. It turns out it can take up to 14 days. This is simply disrespectful and unprofessional. I contacted them directly to discuss and all they can say is that nothing can be done for 'their' change in flight. Disgusting!

Xav W.

Xav W.Palmerston, NT

Worst airline and customer service in existence

They are the most selfish and worst airline in Australia and most likely the world. They turn off phone lines after cancelling flights and don't offer refunds. Have cancelled flights on me and my partner multiple times now. Have offered zero help in fixing flight issue and disregard customers on countless occasions.
They offer useless vouchers in which take weeks to receive, and then expire in only a few months and they cancel rebooked flights anyway.
Worst bunch of people working for a greedy company. They are un-Australian and I hope they go bankrupt

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia