Jetstar
1.6 from 2,328 reviews

Never again

Boy have I really learnt my lesson this time. Everytime I have flyed with jet star I’ve always had problems, whether it be they gave my seats away even though I was on time, split me and my daughter up due to another passenger not wanting to sit by the emergency escape, to cancelling my flights 2 days before I leave to my first holiday in 2 years (due to mechanical problems but it was most likely because they didn’t fill the plane)
I will never ever again fly with them and a warning to anyone else to do the same

DestinationSingapore

Date change penalty

Booked domestic return flight to the Gold Coast leaving the 29/3/2019 messed up the return date and booked the 30/3/2019 instead of the 31/3/2019.
Rang Jetstar within half an hour to change the date and was told that the date change penalty is $85 per person. This I consider to be a rip off since there are three seats booked making it a total of $255 everything else stays the same, the difference is one day. We pay too much for air travel in this country, and is cheaper to travel overseas.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
BookingThird Party

Friday 2pm

3 staff on baggage drop at 2pm on Friday afternoon- if you can’t resourse the desks at this time when can you??? No better way to make the next stage of frontline staff deal with irate customers.

Worst airline in the developed world

The worst customer service I've ever dealt with anywhere, they cut every corner but try to weasle any money you saved picking this trash airline out of you. It's not worth it, go with literally any other airline, I hope these dirtbags go out of business very soon

BookingThird Party

Terrible Service

Terrible service, rude staff. They have a 7kg carry on weight limit, which I respect but usually they give a little bit of flexibility with carry on. The check in ladies insisted I’d be fine wieght wise. Arriving at the departure gate I weighted my handbag & carry on which came to a total of 8.3kgs. But the two air hostesses insisted it had to be exactly 7, to which I had to clothe myself with an addition 3 layers & change my shoes or pay $60 to keep it in my bag. I ended up putting it all back in my bag anyways upon waiting for boarding. To make things worse the lady serving me was an absolute wench about the whole situation, didn’t smile once, just blunt & 0 use of customer service..... absolutely ridiculous. Last time flying with you.

Dysfunctional website and Cancelled flight

As a subsidiary of Qantas one would expect Jetstar to operate reasonably well. However that is not the case.

When I first booked my flight through the website, I did not receive any confirmation email whatsoever, even after waiting for a week. Logging onto their website is useless as well, as the website is dysfunctional. Besides taking ages to load anything, when I clicked "re-send itinerary", nothing actually got sent and I ended up having to call up someone on the phone just for me to get my itinerary and confirmation.

Then 3 days before my flight, I received an email/sms telling me my flight has been cancelled. I tried re-booking to an earlier flight but again the website crashed and I can't do anything online. I contacted their customer service through their chat and was assured my flight had been re-booked to an earlier one, and that he will re-send the itinerary. As of the time of writing this review I had yet to receive anything in my mailbox. Again the website is useless even after I clicked "re-send itinerary" many times, nothing is actually being sent. Looks like I will have to pick up the phone again. What a waste of time.

Travelling overseas is already stressful by itself and one could do away with the extra stress Jetstar is imposing on their customers. Will never fly with Jetstar again.

Worse than 1 star

Terms and conditions are in breach of the Australian Consumer Law. Poor customer service. Tried to cancel a flight 2months out however absolutely no refund was granted. The cost of chaging a name on a tick was more than the price of a ticket.

ClassEconomy

It pays to pay extra for other airlines

They are absolutely terrible. Customer service is horrible. Staff at Melbourne airport are rude and cold. Jetstar has cheap flights but it excludes ANY basic add-ons like luggage, seats, even food, that by the time you finish booking, it’s the same amount or even more that you would’ve paid for other airlines. That is total rip off. You cannot buy extra luggage over 40kg. If you exceed your carryon bag by 0.1kg alone, you get charged $60 at the gate. They don’t tell you this amount at the time of booking. It’s all so ridiculous. Jetstar has always been like this in both Australia and NZ and they still haven’t changed. There has been so many unhappy customers over the years that I wish this whole airline would be sued or just banned.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Officially boycotted Jetstar regardless how cheap their airfares may be

To keep the story brief, Jetstar markets themselves as a budget airline which in terms of their offerings is correct however through eliminating services that are complimentary on other airlines most customers end up spending more money due to 'add ons'. I personally will never fly with Jetstar again as they have introduced fees for choosing seats and still managed to make my partner and I move seats before boarding. I won't even get started on the live chat customer service agents who are rude, persistent on closing the sale i.e. "asking for quote on changing and booking and being pestered to do so and pay immediately". Also I would rather pay more money to fly on Virgin to have standard free check in luggage then pay for 'luggage' with Jetstar.

I honestly think it's worth spending an extra $100-$200 to receive good customer service, no charge check in luggage, comfortable wider seats and no hidden charges.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Warning warning warning .. AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

Flight from Tokyo to Sydney.
My flight was cancelled early same day of flight ‘due to weather’. A few hours later got an sms asking me to check in.
Went to the airport (a casual 7 hour transit to get to the airport) only to be told my flight was cancelled ‘due to maintenance’.
They couldn’t get me on any flight until 3 days later. They told me they would refund hotel costs up to the value of $110aud (being a Japanese public holiday everything was quadruple the price.. and Tokyo isn’t cheap on the best of days).
They gave me a refund (which is still being processed 10 days later) and no option but to purchase another last minute flight. The original flight wasn’t cheap (1000aud). AND you can fly direct Sydney to Tokyo with Japan air; they include food and baggage.
The new flight cost me 2.5k. I am 1.5k out of pocket because of this company. Never never never never again. Do yourself a favour and fly with someone else!!!

Rude, awful customer service

Bag Checked only the last 2 dozen passengers getting on the flight. Weighed handbag and jacket as well as carry on bag. Was 2 kgs over and charged $60 and when I asked where to pay she although the words used were polite she basically told me to shut up and listen to her tirade. Thievery!!

Joke of an air line

Jetstar's customer service is beyond a joke absolutely no help regarding a flight they cancelled. Will never again use this airline.

Totally Useless website and call centre

Just wasted 2 hours trying to book online - would go through the process and at payment page "unknown error" tried everything to get to book. Rang call centre they said try different browser (was using google chrome) tried explorer no different. Tried to book thru call centre but wanted another $80 and to get the web price wanted me to send a screen shot of their web page - at this point I gave up and went to virgin

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

cancel flight

Our flight was cancelled and after many hours of waiting only people living 50 k were offered accomadation and we had to return for our flight the next day with no reimbursement discusting airline

What can I say? Its a cut price airline, basically reasonable value for money.

Booking process is pretty straight forward and their website often gives the best prices without having to go through a third party. I fly monthly from Brisbane to Darwin on Jetstar, sometimes Melbourne. The flights are around 4 hours. The seats are hard and uncomfortable on both the new and the old planes, the exit row seats are reasonably priced at around the $30 mark but do not recline. The airline takes credit cards for food and drinks, the wine is expensive and quite foul (goon bag in a bottle), beer is cool but not cold. The non-exit row seats are as bad as Qantas and Tiger in terms of leg room (there ain't none). The in-flight experience is about the same as a long distance bus service (awful). The entertainment options are as wide as you choose to make them, take a tablet, download your movies first, what's the problem? The airline offers nothing but an advertising magazine. Its all bring your own entertainment. There is no link to my Frequent Flyer programs (Qantas and Velocity) unless you choose to pay lots more money. Frankly compared to the competition (and until they cancel a flight on me and refuse to reimburse expenses of getting to the airport) I will continue to use them. At least they don't pretend to be a premium airline like two of their competitors.

got charged $60 for hand luggage 1 kg weight over between 3 of us

we were not given the opportunity to redistribute luggage or take things out either, threatened to miss the flight if not paying up immediately.

Great value for money

Absolutely loved the flight deal we got to Bali, staff were really friendly on the phone and helped us both get the best options available. Thanks for the flights jetstar

DestinationBali, Indonesia

Absolutely horrendous

I regret not spending an extra hundred or so for a different carrier for a Syd > Melb flight. Rude staff and the entire process is a mess run by headless chickens. My mates all seem to have horrible experiences with them too.

In short: just don't bother with Jetstar.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSE WHERE THEY DONT CARE

Third time flight from Brisbane to Sydney has been just cancelled. No explanation given just we will put you on the next one which is hours later and you can just wait. They don’t care about offering any apologies or compensation. Last time they get my weekly flight money.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

4 flights with Jetstar in 4 weeks , 2 cancelled flights 2 delayed 3+ hrs

Avoid them ! I usually fly qantas for work and with a family of 5 it seemed more economical to fly Jetstar , rookie error by the time you feed 3 kids in an airport pay extra night accom and car hire works out heaps cheaper to fly a solid and reliable airline like qantas.
My own fault for being a penny pincher but how can a company be allowed to sell tickets to flights that just don’t leave constantly ?
Don’t waste your money