Johnson's Baby Oil

Dinki
DinkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worsen eczema

After using the oil, it had just worsen my toddler’s eczema. She hasn’t had eczema for a few months, tried the oil again... next day eczema in various places all over her body. Would not recommend for sensitive skin.

Purchased in February 2021 for $6.00.

Swathi Pavan
Swathi PavanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This oil left a whole body rash on my baby girl

I tried alot of oils. But none of them took me to worry. This Johnson and Johnson baby massage oil left a small dotted rash overall on my baby's soft skin. She felt very irritating all the day and night. It was all fine when I tested it on her leg before applying it all over
. I found the rash every where on body the very next day when I took her to bath. This is the third day and I hope she feels better soon.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $3.00.

Alexandra
Alexandra

My baby had a very bad reaction

My baby developed a nasty red rash overnight after using Johnson’s baby oil.
His skin seemed dry after his bath so I rubbed it on his stomach, legs and arms which is where the reaction occurred. It was definitely from the oil as his back was fine.
He was grizzly and hard to put to sleep after I had used it but I didn’t realise that something was bothering him until I saw the rash in the morning.
He may have sensitive skin but this oil certainly caused his discomfort and caused the rash.

ShaniaB
ShaniaBsydney

i always buy the full-sized bottle

the oil is awesome, it makes my baby's skin supple and smooth just more lovely for mommy and baby snuggle time! it's scent is not overpowerin and everytime I massage this to the bub, i can feel that he loves the feeling it gives to him. Can i also mention that it helps him fall asleep faster?

Perfect

Love all products from here I have used them for a very long time love all the olis and baby wash the baby lavdetd help my lil man sleep and it good for mummy and daddy time with there child just to carm them down and feel all fresh and clean

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Mandyk
Mandykmelbourne

Sweet smell

This oil is perfect for little babies as its gentle with very light fragrance. It readily absorbs into the skin and dont leave any stickiness on the skin.gentle massage on babies skin leave their skin soft with a very sweet fragrance. I think Anyone can use it from little ones to young ones.

This is perfect

This product will be perfect for your everyday "pretending im a slug" needs. Never felt more slug. Perfect amount for a single use for me, and I'm a big guy so most people could probably get away with using half! A six pack of these would set me up for a full week.

Pommes
Pommes

Thank you so much, happy Kwanzaa!

MumCecille
MumCecilleSydney

Classic Choice

It wouldn't be around for so long if it isn't effective. Aside from using it for my darling's dry scalp and feet, I also use it for other home use. I use it for dry patches on the skin and works wonders in moisturizing the dry spots. The smell is mild enough and won't bother those sensitive to perfumes. The oil is not too dense to cause severe oiliness as it is very light to the skin. Just apply a few drops and it will do wonders to dry skin.

craftymumma
craftymummaQLD, 4055

Terrible

Don't even bother buying this stuff. A cream moisturiser is much nicer to apply and doesn't leave the baby's skin feeling so slippery. I have no idea why this product is even still on the market!
I can't really think of anything I like about this product.
It seems to be useless and an outdated product. People always give it at baby showers and I must have received about 5 bottles, only to have them sit unused on the shelf for years. The one with the pink lid is a bit smelly, in my opinion. This stuff just goes everywhere when you try to get it out of the bottle and is a nightmare if you spill it.

Sammy27586

fumes from johnson's baby oil can cause respiratory problems too

simonefish
simonefish

Bad

We keep a bottle of this oil in the house but certainly not for the purpose it was designed for. I would never put this on my baby or have it in a nursery. There have been babies who have died inhaling this product as the cap is totally not child proof. I do find it useful for removing excess wax or sticky substances/residues left on hard surfaces.
It is useful to remove sticky substances and wax left over from waxing body hair
It is NOT good for what it is designed for. It is mineral oil and clogs a babies natural skin. It is also highly dangerous if inhaled by babies and does not come with a child safe lock.

i agree!
why would you want to put something made from petrol on your baby?

Lucy_Lou
Lucy_Lou

Terrible

This product isn't really recommend for use with babies and therefore I do not rate it highly. If you do need a mineral-based oil then there are much cheaper homebrand alternatives available. However, health nurses all recommended olive oil or other plantpbased oils for massaging into babies' skins. I think this product relies on its trusted well-known brand and would not recommend it.
OK as a basic oil
It is a mineral-based oil, not a plant-based oil (eg olive, almond) and therefore it is not recommend for use with babies, it is also expensive for what it is

Sammy27586

it should NOT be called baby oil as it is toxic and, as you said, shouldn't be used on babies

sarahwwww
sarahwwww

OK

We use this occaisionally when baby has dry skin. We prefer to use moisturisers instead of the oil. However the early childhood nurse did tell me omce that oil was better than moisturiser? - however I didn't listen to a word she said as most of it is rubbish I have found by experience !
This is good as a massage oil.
I hadn't heard or read about the inhaling issues as per some of the other posts but it sounds like a bit of a worry?

It gets all over the bottle which makes it hard to handle the next time you use it.

Sammy27586

you are better off using a natural oil from a plant than oil made from petrol

beautyqueen
beautyqueenvic, 3824

overall this product is a must for the whole family, you have to have at least one bottle in the bathroom, its great. after seen a dermatologist my husband was prescribe something for his dry skin that made it worse so he ended up doing back to johnsons baby oil and it worked wonders
moisturisers the skin for the whole family, my husband uses it on his head when he shaves and keeps hi shead moistursed, smells devine, so nice for the skin whether its for mum dad or baby its an all round great family product that is so cheap
there are no cons

MotherMoon
MotherMoonWA, 6210

Good

I can only say this has been around for years and i trukly love it. You can pop a bit in the bath, you can use it on dry skin, there are so many uses for it as well as for baby. It leaves yor skin soft and yet again less is best with this one. Once again a money saver as you only need a small amount of baby Oil. Its great for a massage and great for giving bub a massage also. I think it is fair in price considering less is best, and the smell I havent met anyone that doesnt like it. It has more uses than baby alone, and easy to obtain in the supermarket. A good buy.
I love the smell of this baby oil.

totaltobie
totaltobie

Terrible

I will not be using Johnsons Baby Oil again on my baby as it did not improve her dry skin but only made things worse. I found this a shame as I enjoyed massageing my babies skin with this oil as it was very soothing for her.
Well known brand, easy to find in most stores, can be added to babies bath or massaged directly onto babies skin.
This product is suposed to help a babies dry skin unfortunatly I found this product makes my childs dry skin worse. I found that my own hands have developed dry patches after using this oil on my baby.