Joolca HOTTAP

162 questions from our users

Don
Donasked
HOTTAP

Does the v2 hottap have a gas jet that can get blocked?if so how do you get to it

Philip W.
Philip W.asked
HOTTAP

I have water coming out of the on off switch on the water pump Any idea whats wrong and how to fix it

Ian.casked
HOTTAP

I'm just wanting to know if the joolca pump can be compatible with a different system, as I really like the pump haha.

mobagprod
mobagprod

All depends on the gas and water pressure requirements of your alternative system. I am assuming the pump is configured specifically for the Hottap set up and may not be compatible with another system.

JoolcaJoolca

Hey Ian, what mobagprod said is true, it all depends on your other system's requirements. Our pump is 6LPM and 60PSI, so if your other system is compatible with those specs, you should be good!

Ian.c

Okay perfect thank you soo much it's just a kickass system I got from my parents for a birthday present didn't get a choice but I didn't like the pump it came with and love the joolca product so hopefully it works

Maurice G.
Maurice G.asked

Hi,
Have had a hottap in my shed for about 3 years while my house was being built. Only had occasional use but has done the job. It is fed by a household-standard 240v pressure pump. However, when I tried to use it recently, it lights up and water gets hot, then goes cold. The gas is still alight but I am not getting hot water.
Adjusting the water flow and flame does not seem to help.
MG

Hi Maurice

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your HOTTAP. Do you know if your HOTTAP is hitting the 50C cut-off temp? If so, try lowering the gas dial to low, and/or bring the water flow up to high. If you still encounter issues, please send an email to support@joolca.com.au and our helpful support staff will look into this for you.

russell
russellasked
HOTTAP

can the 32 ft extension hose (color blue I assume to indicate for cold water) be used for hot water?

Hey Russell :)

Yep, you can use it for hot water too!

Gaven Jasked
HOTTAP V1 Outing

Hi used our Joolca for the first time last night and every time we turn the tap off at the shower head the water kept coming out , only way we could work it was for someone to man the pump and turn it off every time we needed to soap up .
Any ideas on what’s going on
Regards Gav

Hi Gaven

I'm sorry to hear about the leaking shower head! A reason why this could be happening is if you've installed the shower switch upsidedown. The on/off switch should be at the top (closer to the showerhead). If you find that your switch was installed upside down, flip it to the correct orientation and see how you go.
If you find that it still leaks, send an email to support@joolca.com.au, and the team there will organise a replacement for you.

Gaven J

Hi thanks for that will try it out when we get back to our campsite tonight.
Regards Gav

Gaven J

Hi Emre thanks for the heads up , all is working well .
Great machine.

Peter F
Peter Fasked
HOTTAP

I have a joolca water heater that has been working fine on my Camper water pump supplying the pressure. The last time I went to use it, it did not stop heating after the water was shut off, to point where the plastic outlet melted and burst off with a great bang. Any suggestions.

Hi Peter,

I'm very sorry to hear about this mate. From the sounds of it, it does seem like it's either a faulty pressure switch in the pump or HOTTAP itself.
Could you send an email to support@joolca.com.au and the team will run you through some troubleshooting to figure out where the issue is and we'll get this issue fixed for you.

Chris L.
Chris L.asked
HOTTAP

Hi there we have the off grid waterpump which was working fine for the first 2-3 showers, however on the 4th oart way through my shower the pump just suddenly stopped, iv removed the DC switch waited about an hour and retried the pump and still nit working any help would be most appreciated

JoolcaJoolca

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your pump and to hear it cut out mid-shower for you. The best thing to do is to reach out to support@joolca.com.au, and the team will get this issue sorted for you.
- Emre

David V.
David V.asked
HOTTAP

I’m having an issue where the unit doesn’t want to turn off. As soon as it has power it try’s to ignite and the screen stays on even if there is no water flow.

Jo J.
Jo J.asked
HOTTAP V1

We have gone to use ours and the ignition wont go out when the tap is turned off. Burnt the hell out of the top vent. Please help. We have no hot water

Hi Jo,
I'm very sorry to hear about your HOTTAP, it's definitely an odd one. Can you email the team at support@joolca.com.au and send a few pics and they'll look into this issue for you and get you sorted ASAP

moondog450
moondog450asked
HOTTAP

Are the blue hoses supplied with the Outing, able to withstand town water pressure constantly, or do I need to turn the supply off after every shower?

JoolcaJoolca

Hey mate, they are able to withstand towns water pressure

Stephen D.
Stephen D.asked
HOTTAP

Every once and a while, water starts leaking from inside the unit. Lots of water.. is there a temperature relief valve opening.. happened a few times. But then works normal

Hey Stephen,

There is a pressure release valve on the HOTTP that's located at the bottom of the unit as a small brass opening between the blue and red inlet and outlet.

If you finding that your HOTTAP is leaking from inside though, this doesn't sound like it's coming from the pressure release valve and you should reach out to support@joolca.com.au with a few pics/short video, and the team will check it out for you.

James Jasked
HOTTAP

I’d like to know how to increase the water pressure and not have the heater stop working? I love the warm shower but would like a bit more pressure. Can’t seem to dial it more than a 1/4 of the way before the heater quits. Is there something I’m not doing correctly?
Thanks. James

Hi James

Thanks for the question. Your HOTTAP should work on all flows and if you find that yours does not stay on when you raise your water flow, then there is an issue with the water flow/pressure.

There could be a few reasons as to why this is happening. Here's a list of thing you can check for:
1. Blockages - Make sure there are no blockages in the end water filter that comes with the pump kit, and to check the mesh filter in the HOTTAP, located inside the brass fitting on the water inlet (unscrew blue fitting and check inside the brass pipe)
2. Leaks in the hosing - Make sure that there are no air/water leaks in the hosing or fittings, as this can cause a pressure drop
3. Low Power - If you're using a battery to power the pump, ensure your battery is charged to 100%, as a low charged battery can effect voltage supplied to the pump

Hopefully these help! If your issue persists, please reach out to support@joolca.com.au and the team there will assist you and get your issue sorted

James J

Thanks, do you make a higher output pump for your system? Maybe one with twice the flow rate?

Thanks, James

Hi James

Unfortunately not, we've only got the one pump at this time

Nicolaasked
HOTTAP

Hi guys, two questions as looking to buy a Joolca Nomad.
1. Can you use the shower and the faucet at the same time or is it an either/ or system?
2. Can you hook up the Joolca to a different shower head and: or kitchen tap or do you have to use the head provided?

Hi Nicola!

Thank for the questions, let me answer those for you

1. Unfortunately we don't recommend to have both the shower and faucet on at the same time, as there wouldn't be adequate pressure to supply water to each of those simultaneously.

2. Yep, you sure can!

Hope this helps

Thanks Emre!

Peter Aasked
HOTTAP V2 Essentials Kit

Hi guys purchased a V2 unit just before Easter 2021. The first unit leaked internally so returned to RTM FOR replacement unit .Second unit works well , except in a slight breeze it flames out. So built metal cabinet to reduce wind .This helped but still the flame went out . Tested in my workshop ,worked well with out fault. So built small shelter around metal cabinet ,an with slight breeze it still goes out . Any suggestions ,Thanks Peter Anderson ,Bundaberg.

Hey Peter

Thanks for reaching out mate and sorry to hear about the issues. It does sound a bit odd here.. The V2's are MUCH more robust in the wind than the V1's, so really you shouldn't be encountering wind issues at all, let alone in a breeze. At the moment, my best guess is that your flame sensor might be too sensitive. If you could reach out to support@joolca.com.au and attention me (Emre) in the email, I'll get this issue sorted out for you. Speak soon Peter.

Peter A

Hi Emre , thank you for your quick reply . moving forward can i adjust the flame sensor,(diesel mechanic by trade)if not how do we resolve this problem. With thanks Peter.

Hey Peter

Sorry for the late response mate! Yep I can send you through a guide to adjust the flame sensor if you wanted to give that a go. I can send it via email. Again, best thing to do is email support@joolca.com.au and attention me and I'll flick that guide over to you.

christo
christoasked
HOTTAP

I already have a Joolca Hottap and now a Joolca Nomad and very happy with them both. I ordered a Quick Release Mount in Dec 2020 and it has been 6mths since I ordered and paid for it. It still has not arrived....there does not seem to be a plausible explanation for this delay. It says expected delivery now early June 2021. What the heck is going on....this is damaging your brand on an otherwise fantastic product

Hi Christo

Good question, let me answer that for you. I can definitely understand the frustration waiting that long, trust me its the last thing we want for everyone. The main issue was mass production. Initially during production, the method that we were using was not scalable for the demand we had received (which blew out our initial forecasts). So we had to swap over to another method which took much longer than we expected. On top of this, the delays for shipping into ports have also added to the delay.
I am very sorry for the delays, this was an oversight by us and we're working on getting better forecasting methods to completely avoid this in the future. I'd also like to thank you for being patient, 6+ months is a long time to wait, and we appreciate you for sticking with us

Dean E
Dean E

I purchased one of these in December 2020 as well with an expected delivery date of March - March came and went with not communication from Joolca I contacted them and they said they had sent out an email to everyone but I must have for missed. Went to the website today and I see they are still on pre order eta July. Looks unethical to me...

Bruce J.
Bruce J.asked
HOTTAP V2 Nomad Kit

Hey guys, due to a loose gas connection, the wiring inside my Joolca has been burnt and it no longer works. All I need to fix it (only got to use it twice) is a new wiring harness so I can swap it out with the burnt one.... do you have just the wiring harness available so I can fix mine??

Hi Bruce,

Please email us over at support@joolca.com.au and someone from our team should be able to help you with this.

Chris

Bruce J.
Bruce J.asked

Jman
Jmanasked
HOTTAP V2 Nomad Kit

Does pumping up to 30M away result in any loss in longevity of pump vs. 20M?
At 20-30M of hose length will the pump provide enough PSI and flow rate to trigger the burners?
Lastly, do the burners turn on with the lowest flow rate setting? It sounds like they need a high flow at first, and that would be a bit awkward to say the least.

Riley Tolmay

Would suggest at 30M it may be an issue with the burner lighting at a low setting. For sure the lighting of the burner is better at low settings with less hose. If everything is well sealed and the header supply is influenced by gravity the system works well regardless of setting. But if things are not well sealed it impacts the initial lighting of the flame when turning taps on and off.

JoolcaJoolca

Hi Jman! 30m of hose will be no issue igniting the burners. We advertise up to 30m, so you'll be good to go. There will be no loss in longevity of the pump either. The burners should turn on at both low and high flow settings, and actually it's easier for the HOTTAP to ignite on the lower flow settings. Hope this helps :)

Tim
Timasked
HOTTAP V2 Nomad Kit

Are the Nomad kits available now (in Australia), ready for shipping? Or are they only available for pre-order at the moment?

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Tim

Sorry I can’t help, as I am not aware of Joolca’s protocols or systems.

Regards
Andrew Jones

I bought mine without having to pre-order from Sydney. Australia

Hi Tim,

If our website shows add to cart then it means it is in stock and ready to ship! If it is on pre-sale, it'll show that too.

At the moment the HOTTAP Nomad Kits are in stock and ready to ship right away.

Thanks heaps!
Chris

Get an answer from our members and Joolca representatives

Joolca HOTTAP