Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter

Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter

4.1

Mike

MikeNew South Wales

Concept is good however has not stood the test of time

Purchased December 2009 for home use started rusting out 4 years ago on the hinge and consequently we nursed it along to date.
Unfortunately it has now reached it’s used by date.
We now ask the question did we receive value for money?

Purchased in December 2009 for A$889.00.

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product with just a few issues

Purchased for A$700.00.

Rusted out

We've just put the rusted out Pig on the verge for verge collection. It lasted less than 6 years (after we replaced the rusted doors with homemade wooden doors). For the price, I would have liked it to last longer than that.

Purchased in November 2013 at Vitality 4 Life.

Vitality L.Joraform

Hi Rusty, can you please contact us urgently. We want to replace your composter. Look forward to hearing from you. Kindest Regards Vitality4life.

Compost Bins

Find out how Joraform Big Pig 270L Rotational Composter compares to other Compost Bins

Jane

JaneMinyama

Little Pig

I received the Little Pig quickly, and while it took a while to assemble (watch the video, don't use the paper instructions alone) it is up, seems really solid and looks the part. It is very easy to turn. I like that the magnet on the handles hold the doors open.
I've been using it for about 3 weeks and it is leaking and every time I open the door, I am met with a swarm of fruit flies. I have been putting newspaper in to try to fix, but to no avail.
Not sure what I should I do to correct this. Some composting tips in with the packaging would have been useful.
Jane

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Nici

NiciCanberra

Best purchase I’ve ever made!

I have never written feedback about any product before but feel compelled to tell you how impressed I am with this product! I live in Canberra and have been struggling with composting in our cool weather, never being successful and having almost given up. My determination to reduce our landfill waste finally led me to the Joraform. It has been steaming since day 1 and continues to do so everyday and is breaking our organic matter down so fast I can hardly believe it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

BIG PIG.

I have always wanted one of these babies, but instead I have been buying second hand Gumtree Osborne industries compost tumbler. So far with the Swedish variety I have noticed it heats up really well, is very easy to turn and has a functional design. easy to assemble but useful to do it with someone else. All my old tumblers would break and I wish I had bought this guy ages ago.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Aaron BurkeMelbourne

The benchmark compost tumbler on the market

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Joraform 270L -

Very happy with my decision to buy this composter. Assembly was straightforward - I
started putting it together on my own then needed some help when attaching outer panels. The online video was helpful too. Am almost ready start on our 2nd batch of compost in the other chamber. It's very easy to tumble the drum and the first batch has reached a hot temperature. Composting has resulted in a noticeable drop in our weekly rubbish, as we're also recycling (crosscut) shredded paper.
Tip - if buying from Vitality4life.com.au, it's worth checking their ebay price as it was $25 cheaper than their website price. I ordered over the phone and they matched their ebay price :)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Review collected in partnership with Joraform

Its nice when things are as good as they say.....

Easy to put together. Works better than I expected. It takes about 6 weeks per barrel. As the grass, clippings and kitchen waste breaks down you need to top it up for a couple of weeks before moving to the next barrel. 2 to 3 months since I started and it still looks like new on the outside.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Compost Bins

IVAN

IVANPRESTONS

Excellent compost tumbler. Well worth the money

Before I bought the Jeraform 270L. Bought a cheap Aldi plastic tumbler to try out my task of turning those green waste into compost for my garden. It was a disaster, put waste and brown material into it, and kept turning and monitoring the temperature hoping it will turn into those black gold one day. And so it went for 4 months, and nothing. Thinking I may be doing something incorrectly. Then it came the Jeraform, to my surprise, only takes it 2 mere weeks, and it came the black gold that I have been waiting for. The difference really lies in the later one can heat the material up and held it high for as long as it is capable of. Highly recommend this product even though the cost is quite high.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Diane B.

Diane B.asked

Does the Big Pig need to be in the sun to reach the right temperatures? I want to put a Composter in a fully shaded spot.

Vitality L.Joraform

Hi Diane, The Joraform Composter is super insulated which is why it can break down scraps so quickly. They are designed in Northern Europe for much cooler temperatures so I believe it will be fine in a fully shaded spot. The most important thing is not to over fill it. It does come with very detailed usage instructions and hints and tips. Please ask any other questions. Kindest Michelle | Vitality 4 Life

Jane C.

Jane C.asked

Hi Vitality, what is the size of the 270L big pig? and i saw it is out of stock, when is there any stock coming in? thanks!

Vitality L.Joraform

Hi Jane the actual size is
L 92cm X H 125cm X W 70cm (Drum: 92cm X 70cm)
I am finding out when we will be getting more in, will get back to you.
Regards Bec V4L

Denise G.

Denise G.asked

Im a bit concerned in spending this money when a few people of spoken of leaks and rust, are you doing something to rectify this.

Vitality L.Joraform

Hi Denise, yes absolutely the manufacturers are currently working on this problem which seems to effect a few but not all. We are committed in delivering the best product we can and respond to feed back good or bad. This is the only way we can create quality products. If you would like some more info please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 802 924 or email us at support@vitality4life.com Warm Regards Bec.

Get an answer from our members and Joraform representatives