Joraform Little Pig 125L Rotational Composter

Joraform Little Pig 125L Rotational Composter

4.4

Collectomaniac8Sydney, NSW

Spare parts

Ive left a review in the past on this fabulous compost bin which is perfect. For our apartment terrace. I just wanted to add another review on the spare parts situation. For some unknown reason the doors started to corrode after 3 years of use, I contacted Vitality 4 Life and they sent out a replacement panel under warranty. I had to pay $30 for the freight but that was alot less than I would have had to pay for the panels or the hassle if they did not stock the spares. . With doors. No fuss, really quick and much needed as I was no longer able to use one of the doors. Great company to deal with.

Purchased at Vitality 4 Life.

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hello, thank you so much for the lovely review. We love to make our customers happy and keep them composting. We love the Joraform Composters too and are always here to help or if there are any further questions. Happy Composting :) Bec V4L

Neel

NeelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for reducing waste

Purchased in October 2018 for $595.00.

Just a little dissappointed

Firstly it was really hard to use the self tapping screws and we had to drill the holes out in the metal before screwing them in. We had to ring to get instructions that you force the plastic screws through the rubber inner also as we had no idea how to get them in. Now together it seems to compost really well, is easy to use and looks amazing. Best of all no more rats!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Compost Bins

Find out how Joraform Little Pig 125L Rotational Composter compares to other Compost Bins

JD17Kendenup

Excellent design but needs some minor improvements

Some attention should be dedicated to end panel connection screws to panels. Stainless screws are prone to thread stripping out before screw has tightened. Ventilation holes are large enough to allow Blowfly access. I've placed a piece of flywire between panel and insulation to eliminate this issue. Catches on doors were fitted slightly out of square and so latch was not aligned with catch and slight mods were required to rectify. Overall a very good design and materials used appear to be of very good quality. Overall happy with the purchase though with more attention to the aforementioned issues this compost tumbler would be nearly perfect.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

adrian.gadgets

adrian.gadgetsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great composter wish I found this sooner

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Makes composting so easy!!

We love our Joraform Little Pig composer. The double chamber design makes composting very convenient (we are already onto our second batch). It has taken around 2 months for the compost to mature. It's easy to turn and has a nice quality feel - much better than the plastic ones you see in the hardware store. The high stand means you can easily get the wheelbarrow underneath. Our rubbish has reduced to less than one bag a week - great for someone looking to reduce their waste.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Review collected in partnership with Joraform

Insulated, Spins and Two Bins!

Great small size composter, we have produced good compost within a month, the two separate bins assist in planning production.
The insulation enhances the unit's performance with even break down of all raw materials.
Sturdy and balanced construction adds to it's ease of use, the raised barrel makes the unit easy to fill, tumble and empty.
Here's to many years of compost magic!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Feliton, We are delighted to hear that you are producing good quality compost, quickly and easily with the Joraform Composter. Happy Composting !

Review collected in partnership with Joraform

So glad we purchased this composter

We have a small backyard and were keen to find a method of composting our kitchen scraps in a vermin proof composter. It was essential that it had twin bins so one lot could develop while a new lot is started. We had read reviews that the composter was tricky to assemble but watched a youtube clip on its assembly and had no problems at all. So far - it has only been a couple of weeks - all is going fine. The scraps and sufficient "brown" material are being added and the compost is tumbling away. I am looking forward to making some great compost to put on my garden pots.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hayley S.

Hayley S.asked

Hi there everyone! I have two questions: to start using my little pig can I use cow manure instead of horse? And I’ve noticed people talking about putting a mesh netting over the ventilation holes to stop fly infestations, has this worked for people, do you recommend? Many thanks! Hayley

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Hayley, thank you for getting in touch. Cow manure is definitely fine. Most Manures are OK however some smell more than others so it really comes down to preference. Mesh netting is OK as long as airflow is maintained. We hope that you enjoy your composter and please do not hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else that we can help you with. Kind regards, Hayley

Lindsay M.

Lindsay M.asked

I am on the fence at the moment. I am just not sure if I can justify such a large cost??

Vitality 4 LifeJoraform

Hi Lindsay. We are extremely confident that you would not regret purchasing a Joraform Composter. They are without a doubt the best composters on the market. We have nothing but raving reviews. Feel free to give us a call on 1800 802 924 if you would like to have a chat with one of our Customer Service Specialists. Kind regards, Hayley

Jennyasked

Hello I have the big pig composter. We are just 2 in our 50/60s. We have a small veggie garden and we share the Joraform with our neighbours - a lovely young couple. We found the building of the Joraform very difficult and it took a good four hours. I feel there may be a couple of little gaps because there is a little bit of leakage - or is that normal? My question is more about the temperature of the compost. I felt I had a good balance of carbon and nitrogen because I was enjoying a wonderful steamy compost each time I visited it. I had a soil thermometer but it only went up to 50°C so at some point it must have been quite a lot higher - amazing as our winter days in Sydney have been so cold.
Last week I started the second chamber and stopped adding to the first chamber as it reached the bar - noting that the first chamber needs six weeks before it becomes black gold. However I checked it just a few days later and it has lost its Steam and gone right down to 20°C. I really thought that once it reached a high temperature it would stay like that for six weeks. I had been checking it every day is that the mistake. Should I keep it closed for six weeks. I don’t know if I should add any more to it now To try to fix the balance. I read that I should add cow manure. Having said all this I love the big pig I can’t wait to perfect it and I believe it’s the best composter on the market. Just takes a bit of practice maybe. Thank you for this helpline. I also think it’s the best as googling on the web is so incredibly conflicting and confusing. I look for forward to hearing from you and good luck to everyone with your projects.

Collectomaniac8

Heya Jenny, the action of the bacteria on the green material creates the heat. Do you have it moist enough in there? It should feel like a damp sponge. If it's too wet, let it dry out a bit and ensure the ratio of green to brown is correct. If too dry, I often add some worm leeacate which is full of bacteria. Hope this helps.

Jenny

Thanks very much for your comment Collectomaniac8.
I did have it perfect and steaming hot and I started the 2nd chamber leaving the steaming first chamber to compost. It suddenly lost the heat. My question is - when you stop adding to the compost, should it continue to stay hot/steaming?
I can’t find any info on that. Thanks Jenny

Get an answer from our members and Joraform representatives

CategoryCompost Bins