JVC LT-55N685A

JVC LT-55N685A

MPN: LT-55N685A
See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by JVC

• Picture Quality
silvo
silvobrissie

Great TV for the price

Bought this TV on sale from Big W over 2 years ago and has been great.. clear picture and good quality sound.. Netflix works well although when using internet browser can take a little bit of time for search results to load although could be my internet. Remote still works well.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sue S.
Sue S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shocking

Accurate fact is 3 remotes later all were unusable. smart TV authentication error and cannot use down arrow to update details so cannot use Netflix etc rang jvc got [Name Removed] fobbed me off utter crap service.

Purchased at Bigw for $699.00.

Beware
BewareQueensland

No good lasted 16 months

Bought my 55 inch 16 months ago and won't turn on no more the smart tv was useless would never get the reception properly then drop out . The speakers are that quite you can't hear somethings that aint real loud . DONT BUY

Purchased at Big W Retail Stores for $550.00.

Mel
MelSydney, NSW

Faulty Tv

Brought the tv home set it up and the stupid thing keeps turning it self off all the time big W staff are rude and don’t want to deal with you if I could I give 0 stars the tv is useless and I wouldn’t recommend to know one it’s cheap Chinese rubbish

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for $799.00.

Barry W.
Barry W.Murray Mallee, SA

Has functioned properly, Terrible user experience, buggy and underpowered

TV has never been able to play iview, ggas always froozen frequently on Netflix, and now I can't use youtube because there is a newer version that cant be loaded. Clearly the cpu/gpu is woefully underpowered.

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $559.00.

Nick
Nick

TV pictures are great,smart function a total failure

Bought this tv from big W for$599 in June. Initially I was impressed with the picture and smart function. In the last couple of weeks the smart function has ceased to work in the YouTube app. I kept getting an update option which I have ignored several times and then I was forced to go to the play store where I was told " my device was not compatible with the new version of YouTube". It is also not compatible with ABC iview. The only way to get YouTube back & working is to do a factory reset on the TV and not sign in ever again with a Gmail account. Very poor, couldn't recommend it as a good buy

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $599.00.

Anthony T.
Anthony T.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad experience

Picture is good only thing is in smart side of it as does not work properly my opinion is is not worth buying Netflix doesn't won't to work on it not worth the hassle I bought a TCL 65 Inc p8m I don't know that helps but I prefer Android over Smart TVs

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $650.00.

evgeny
evgenyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stopped to work after one year. Rubbish TV.

TV worked exactly one year and 3 weeks. After this period it literally just blowed up. Called to warranty but because 12 months passed they even don't want to speak with me. I paid for private technician to check what was the problem he confirmed that power board is gone. Stay away from this TV.

Purchased in January 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $550.00.

Brian I.
Brian I.Sydney, NSW

Android 5.1.1 is a turn off WHY NOT ALLOW UPDATE to newer Android 7.1 or higher

Purchased in September 2018.

Very disappointed

I concur with Adrian's review the JVC lt55N685AN freezers in Netflix you dare not pause as can take 10-20mins to reconnect to Wi Fi remote control does not work properly takes numerous clicks and a lot of patience. Rang JVC the man said it is a matter of price point and what would I expect from a TV from Big W. Also that the box needs to state Netflix certified. My packaging is gone so don't know what it said he did give me a return number and I'm returning it on Monday. Very disappointed one would think if something is available in the TV it should work

Purchased in February 2019 at BigW for $499.00.

Performance
Sound Quality
Software
Picture Quality
John Paddington
John PaddingtonPaddington

Great TV for the price.

I bought the 55N685A on special from BigW it was 1/3 the price I paid for a 55in Sony and it is better. It has a better choice of apps it records in a standard .ts format I can edit.
The sound quality isnt great but you can run it through an amp. It accepts usb drives formatted in NTFS (the sony wont) as well as fat32. Some people have said similar JVC tvs wont display 4k from an xbox but they do.
I would buy another.