Kambrook KDF460 / KDF560

2.3

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Basket handle fell off

Used this fryer for about 9 months and have noticed during the last month that the handle has slowly pulled away from the basket until yesterday when it came completely off . Very disappointing

Purchased in September 2019 at Big W for A$79.00.

PJE

Fine - for a few months!

I got this on special from Big W so at hald price it was cheap enough. My joy, however, was short lived as despite the fact that it probably lasted the best part of a year it's not as if I cook deep fried food every week, far from it in fact. In reality this appliance was probably used about 20 times. What is even more disturbing is the fashion in which it expired, a rather loud pop along with some fireworks followed by smoke and an obnoxious smell, I was barely game to go near it to turn it off at the wall. I class this as not only awful quality but also as potentially dangerous. To add insult to injury I had to eat a very nice Scotch fillet without chips!
Highly un recommended product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

My go to fryer

Have the 460 fryer last three years, cooking my snitzels and chips on a weekly basis great unit, always there when I need it, easy to clean and change the oil. Would highly recommend this product for the price it is the best of both worlds thank-you Kambrook, keep up the good work

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rubbish

Had a Kambrook deep fryer for years and die so though we would buy another as the old one was fantastic. New one lasted 5 months and used it every 2 weeks, smoke and sparks coming out of control panel. So lucky we was in the kitchen at that time. Put off buying another one. Rubbish

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
RachelKambrook

Hi Dave, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook team

Wombat

WombatSouthern and Hills, SA

Kambrook crap

Used 15 to 20 times to cook chips and battered fish in the last 18 months. Last night turned it on, within 5 minutes smoke started coming from the control panel. Only good for the bin now. Guess we are looking to replace it with another brand after reading similar reviews here.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
RachelKambrook

Hi, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

Do not buy this product!!!

Just like everyone in this post our fryer was good for the first couple of times, now it shuts down and you constantly have to reset it if that works or it just keeps on heating the oil !! Cheap product that is very dangerous especially if your not watching it !

RachelKambrook

Hi Matt r, please contact the customer service centre during business hours regarding this, contact is 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

Barry

BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst thing that I ever bought for my kitchen.

Terrible! Potential danger!

Purchased in October worked perfectly the first handful of times, after that the deep fryer heated the oil past the temperature and didn't stop until it caused my power to switch off. Kept setting off my safety switch. Now won't even heat up. Waste of money and oil. Would not recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2016
RachelKambrook

Hi Julie Beebe Pynor - please contact the customer service team regarding this on 1300 139 798 during business hours or email askus@kambrook.com.au. Thanks, the Kambrook team.

I contacted this number and the lady was confused as to why I was contacting her???!!!

WoodsySouth East Queensland, QLD

fire hazard

Bought the cambrook 4 LTD deep fryer use about 5 time , last time left the room comeback in and smoke was coming out control panel , have video to show but can not show here , just glad we walk back into room as the video shows the longer it was on the more smoke and back of panel was starting to soften

RachelKambrook

Hi Woody - please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Worked until thermostat broke

For the first couple of months - the deep fryer worked a treat. We had many fabulous meals. Then something changed - smoke billowed on the outside of the fryer. Since then, it hasn't worked very well. We have tried new oil, smaller amounts of oil, larger amounts of oil (upto max).
This fryer isn't worth the $$ for the limited time we could use it safely. Now if we use it - it seems dangerous. Even after 20 mins of the fryer being turned off (dial turned to zero and power point unplugged - there is smoke billowing.
It looks like the thermostat decided not to work anymore.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
OfficialKambrook

Hi MeRenovateLongTime - can you please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Pathetic Product

Been using cheap deep fryers, read the reviews and purchased a Kambrook, well respected name good reputation. The fryer seemed to be everything I wanted. Worked really well cooked great food until tonight, I suspect the thermostat failed, almost burnt the kitchen down, food and oil had to be dumped.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
OfficialKambrook

Hi Ron B, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

Ron B

did that no " answer was the stern reply"

Peter Storey

Peter Storey

This is good good value for the money, couple of minor issues

For the price this a really good good deep fryer. I did find the temp gauge was a bit dodgy so I invested in a $10.00 temp prod finding a discrepancy of around 15 deg. Using this it's working great. What really annoys me is the printed dials on the display in time rub off when washed, I can hardly read any of the figures any more!!

Murd

MurdMid North Coast, NSW

A 4 litre deep fryer that lies!

The KDF560 is supposed to hold 4 litres of oil. When 4 litres are added, the oil level sits above 'max' in the bowl and the wire mesh basket sits several centimetres in the oil when clipped onto the bowl for draining... Four litres is four litres, not 3.5 litrs for whoever designed this thing. Apart from that it worked well on its maiden run last night. Will decide soon whether to return it or not as I specifically wanted a 4 litre fryer!

Bundybear1981AU

Died just out of warrenty

Laura75

Laura75AU

Perfect item

I bought the other brand ( cheap one) around $30 on 2 item. It were broken that both of them. Afterthat i try to buy the Kambrook KDF 460. It was perfection on this one. The temperature is very high when i used it it came the good food. The equipment is very good as a price. I recommended.
Good item as price

richard b.

richard b.asked

KDF460

how can i replace it stop working after two cooks.

Elissa

Elissaasked

KDF460 / KDF560

Have just received one of these for Christmas, am very nervous to use it after these reviews. Is there any indication these issues have been fixed? Otherwise we will be returning it for another brand/model.

Stephen R
Stephen R

I have had my fryer for over three years and had no problems with it, I change the canola oil when it gets to murky and it works fine. December 2019 still using it.

Hi
I can't comment on whether Kambrook have rectified this product but if you can't confirm that this is the case and have the option I would personally trade it for something more reliable.

Mightymousevalasked

KDF460 / KDF560

Does the basket sit on the elements

PJE

Not from memory mate (mine has long gone) The actual problem is within the electrical assembly behind the control panel. I really wouldn't waste your money, spend a little more for one that will last. At best this will simply pack up but at worst it will set your kitchen on fire (no exaggeration!)

Mightymouseval

Received it for Xmas, there is a removable bowl then the element connected to the Control panel then you tip the oil in and the basket sits on the heating element, haven’t been confident enough to use it yet

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives