Kambrook KTA140

1.4

• Even Toasting Yes (0) · No (6)
parfo

parfoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Utter rubbish

Purchased this toaster hoping it would be better than the last two I have purchased in the last two months. (other brands) how wrong was I. Put two slices in by their instructions and set the time knob to 3.5 I had to press the cancel to stop as the toast was burning both sides. Repeated process with setting on 2.5 and same happened so set the timer to 1.5 with one slice of bread and toasted perfectly but only one side the uncooked side was still as fresh as. This toaster is going in the bunnings recycling bin with the other two. Do not purchase this rubbish.

Purchased in January 2021 at Big W for $39.00.

Even ToastingNo

Worst toaster I’ve ever owned.

Always toasts one side considerably more than the other, requiring the user to rotate the bread mid-cycle. The setting is horrendously inconsistant, ranging from “burnt” to “Oh my god, my house is on fire!” And if you use it immediately after toasting another batch, it WILL burn the toast to a crisp regardless of how low the setting. I don’t know how it can be this bad in this age of technology. Worst toaster I’ve ever owned.

Purchased in March 2020 for $50.00.

Fandina

FandinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy.

Worst toaster I've ever owned. Burnt on one side and not even coloured on the other side - on the lowest setting! Shocking. It should be discontinued immediately. Do not buy.

Purchased in October 2020 at Big W for $40.00.

Wimo

WimoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

toasts one side.

Returned to HN. Replacement does the same. This toaster should be taken off the market considering that these negative reviews go on for years. The center element is too hot, outer elements too weak resulting in uneven toasting.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $49.00.

Taff

TaffCharters Towers

Happy at last....it just died.

We put up with this toaster for 2years 4months and today it started blowing fuses. I was surprised it lasted that long. Was still only toasting one side. It's in the bin now.

Purchased in February 2018 at Betta Home Living for $35.00.

Ken

KenRobinvale

a toaster should toast evenly both sides

This toaster was a replacement for a toaster that lasted only 13 months, unfortunately this doesn't even toast both sides evenly, waste of bench space. This will be replaced before it doesn't work.

Purchased in July 2019 at leading Edge for $49.00.

Even ToastingNo

While toasts ok design is poor

Does toast quite well however the position of the cord is on the wrong side of the toaster. Whic I think is poor design. You need to face the toaster with the controls to the wall as the power cord exits is on that side which makes it awkward to position on your benctop.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
sconna

sconnaAU

Crap toaster

Only toasts on one side you have to put down again to toast the rest then remember to pop it up before it completely burns. Worst toaster stay away from it Some time toast comes out uncooked one edge and burnt to black on the other side. Waste of money

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Notoca

NotocaPerth, WA

One Setting Doesn’t Toast the Same

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Edwin

EdwinMargaret River

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

This product should be removed from sale, the first one we bought we returned because the toast would not stay down as the eject button was stuck on the very first use. We returned it. The replacement toaster being the same model is doing the same as other people have experienced. Only toast on one side on the first use, and burns to black on the second use. It's going back to where it came from as being not suitable for purpose.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Annie

AnniePerth, WA

Only toasts one side!!

I bought 2 of these toasters for 2 properties. When one of the toasters appeared to only toast on one side of the bread I thought it must just be a one off dud only to discover that the other machine is exactly the same with the same side (the right) of each toaster, not toasting! Thought I would search for some reviews before returning the machines to Big W finding it seems to be a common complaint. Will not be replacing with a Kambrook.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Doesn't toast on both sides

I bought this toaster last month Dec 2017 ITEM No. P/B/S KTA140WHT / KAMBROOK / 610873 Barcode 00425171171 Put in 2 slices of bread and it only toasted one side well. The other side of the bread was still white. It appears the outer elements are not toasting enough. Returned item for refund the next day.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Pete

PeteAU

Excellent value for money

I've read the other reviews here and while I can agree with some of the comments I only paid $29 for our toaster and for the money it does a great job.

It took us several days to get the cook setting right for our needs and find that anything above 1.5 on the dial is going to set the smoke detector off at home. Once the balance was set it's all good.

You need to quite carefully position the bread to be able to fit four slices in and I think with some of the larger loaves of bread this would be near impossible.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Michelle

MichelleSydney

Not impressed at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Disbelief

DisbeliefMiranda

Don't make this like they used to

We brought a new toaster after ten years as it was playing up. We brought the Kambrook white 4 slot toaster again as there wasn't many options for white toasters with 4 slots at a reasonable price. The element only cooked one side of the toast so acted more like a grill. We took it back to Big W and got an exchange (they were great) thinking we just got a dub. Nope, the replacement also only toasts one side properly and the other side barely. We were also disappointed that the white toaster with silver knobs has a black cord. The one we brought ten years earlier had a white cord and went with our kitchen better.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kambrook
RachelKambrook

Hi Miranda, please contact our customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

JRTAdelaide

Look elsewhere for a toaster!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kambrook
RachelKambrook

Hi, please get back into contact with the customer service team on 1300 139 798. The toaster may need to be reviewed by our quality team. Thanks, the Kambrook Team