Kapture KPT-500

Kapture KPT-500

See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kapture? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (0) · No (2)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fair but not great.

Had this a while now,wife was paranoid about leaving car in car parks wanted one of these because of park mode.Video seems fine but has a poor battery life,and loses date.Dont know how I would go if I relied on this for accident report.

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $79.00.

Pams
PamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a waste of money

My husband got me the KPT-500 for xmas and from day 1 it has not worked, it starts up, it show's it is recording and then it just stops and turns off, when you start it up again it says that the memory card is full and it has only recorded about a minute of footage. We have replaced the card twice with new one's of different sizes thinking that maybe that was the problem, but it still doesn't work.
Had it back to JB Hifi and the guys say there is nothing wrong with it and just set it back to factory setting, but it is still the same. We have had other people try and get it going thinking that we where doing it wrong but nobody can get it to work.
Should have got a Navman

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Other Dash Cams

Ninian
NinianCairns

Get a refund! Not worth your time and money.

We got this dash camera from JB Hifi at Boxing Day it was $99 but was down to $55.20 so we thought it was a great bargain.
When we got home we were already having problems with setting it up. The buttons isn't functioning properly. When we click the MENU button, it mute/unmutes the microphone?

This purchase was a waste of time and money.

Dez
DezMelbourne, VIC

Horrible product

Got this from JB Hifi on special, biggest mistake! screen went blank after 2 days of working and could not power on. Exchanged for another unit and after couple of days, had a green screen and could not power on. Exchanged again for another unit in a different store and after several days of using, screen went blank and could not work again. Absolute waste of time and money. Took it back to JB for full refund! If you want something reliable that you know will record your time on the road, do not buy this!

Dash Cams

Find out how Kapture KPT-500 compares to other Dash Cams

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Seems to work ok but the OK/record button is extremely flimsy

Leslie B.
Leslie B.asked

can i reset my kpt500 can where is the reset button

Jimb

I dont think there is a reset,have to go through menues and set to defaults.

Pete Read
Pete Readasked

Hi guys ,
I recently purchased the KPT-520 thru JB HIFI .
It seems to work ok but the red led light for charging it goes off after about 4 minutes of driving .
It still shows its recording by the blue flashing light and it also indicates its loop recording by the red led time counter .
Does the red battery light on the screen supposed to flash all the time or have I got a faulty charger .
When I unplug and re plug from the power source the charging light comes on again but only for about 3-4 minutes again .
Thanks for any info .
Regards Pete

Jimb

I think it constantly recharges.Has a poor battery life.

Pete Read
Pete Readasked

Hi guys ,
I recently purchased the KPT-520 thru JB HIFI .
Thanks for any info .
Regards Pete

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Viewing Angle 120°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)
Channels 1