Kapture KPT-500

Kapture KPT-500

Ninian

NinianCairns

Get a refund! Not worth your time and money.

We got this dash camera from JB Hifi at Boxing Day it was $99 but was down to $55.20 so we thought it was a great bargain.
    When we got home we were already having problems with setting it up. The buttons isn't functioning properly. When we click the MENU button, it mute/unmutes the microphone?

This purchase was a waste of time and money.

Dez

DezMelbourne, VIC

Horrible product

Got this from JB Hifi on special, biggest mistake! screen went blank after 2 days of working and could not power on. Exchanged for another unit and after couple of days, had a green screen and could not power on. Exchanged again for another unit in a different store and after several days of using, screen went blank and could not work again. Absolute waste of time and money. Took it back to JB for full refund! If you want something reliable that you know will record your time on the road, do not buy this!

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Seems to work ok but the OK/record button is extremely flimsy

Dash Cams

Find out how Kapture KPT-500 compares to other Dash Cams

Pete Read

Pete Readasked

Hi guys ,
    I recently purchased the KPT-520 thru JB HIFI .
    It seems to work ok but the red led light for charging it goes off after about 4 minutes of driving .
    It still shows its recording by the blue flashing light and it also indicates its loop recording by the red led time counter .
    Does the red battery light on the screen supposed to flash all the time or have I got a faulty charger .
    When I unplug and re plug from the power source the charging light comes on again but only for about 3-4 minutes again .
    Thanks for any info .
    Regards Pete

Pete Read

Pete Readasked

Hi guys ,
    I recently purchased the KPT-520 thru JB HIFI .
    Thanks for any info .
    Regards Pete

berntasked

My car was hit yesterday and I needed the reccording from the Kpt-500
    Suprisingly, there was none.
    All the recorded files show me driving off in the morning and evening but no actual trips.
    It seems that it stops recording when the screen saver comes on.
    It is set for 3min loop recording.
    Furthermore, the time on the SD card folder filelisting is completely different to what shows in the video actual playback.
    How can this even be?
    If this is how it works, then it is not fit for purpose.
    Please help.

John

I noticed a long time ago that the rear screen blanks after a few minutes and wondered if that was just a screen saver (although these days lcd screens don't need it) or the entire system stopping. I must check.
    Another thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't automatically allow for night vision you have to select it manually. That is so bad and old fashioned.
    I would never buy one (mine was a gift). Maybe time to bin it and get something decent.

bernt

According to the manual, that is a screen saver but I really have no recordings of even the event yesterday.
    If you can verify this, that would be great.

Get an answer from our members and Kapture representatives