Kenwood Triblade

HDP306WH, HDP406WH, HB710, HB720 and HB724

Sylvan Bonett

Sylvan BonettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unhygienic

I have been using a Kenwood Triblade hand blender since last Chrsitmas when my wife gave it to me. I am very fussy about cleaning all my ktchen devices thoroughly and was horrified when I prepared to use the Triblade again, a few weeks after the previous time, when I found specks and drops of black stuff oozing out of the 'finger grip' spindle. On closer inspection I also found traces of this mould inside the lid and around the rim.

Clearly the blended material makes its way up the inside of the spindle and seems impossible to remove. In time it turns to mould and will infiltrate whatever is being blended when next operating. This poses a health risk and should be addressed.

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Worked great! Died too soon!

I used my unit once in a while from late last year and a lot more frequently this year. One day I heard a little pop while mashing chick peas and it stopped working. It's barely a year old. Worked beautifully when it did, but now I can't even get it replaced because it was a gift from Australia and I'm in Kenya.

Purchased in June 2018 for $120.00.

Carl B

Carl BFar North Queensland, QLD

Burns out too easily

Bought from Myers twice and twice it burnt out within months. Even when trying to be more gentle and not let it get too hot. Seems to be a product fault. Would not recommend this product due to reliability. Looks the goods and feels solid though. Wasn't too noisy either

Date PurchasedJul 2017
davidizquierd

davidizquierd

It is a week machine.

I bought 1 year ago and the product was ok, I like to cook occasionally. But after smashing some potatoes the blender started to stink and a smoke came from the machine. Everything inside looks like is plastic and now it is not working anymore.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

wizzkidBrisbane

No more Kenwood

Expensive device considering the poor design and quality. Even 1 star is too much. Had to replace the first motor after only 2 years. Chose to stick to the same model because of the expensive attachements we had bought. Bought the replacement in October 2015. This started to make funny noises 12 months later. Tried not to use it then much because of the grinding noise. The potato masher only lasted for 3 uses, then the bottom screw came undone from the bottom. The 2nd motor died in May 2018. Replaced it with a Braun MultiQuick. Couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Hi,
Thanks for your review and sorry to hear that we haven't been able to help you out sooner. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you experience any issues with our products going forward.
Best,

Angie K.

Angie K.Perth

Design fault due to O ring

The main problem with this product is the black O ring on the blade attachment that comes off continually. After just seconds of use, the unit emitted a strange sound, so we discontinued blending to find that the black O ring, had popped off. We replaced it, and the same thing kept happening after only seconds. Looking online it seems others have had this problem.

Apart from this design fault, the unit has restrictive rules about how long it can be in use in one stretch, as the motor gets very hot. Very few parts can go in the dishwasher and the manual states that it does not deal with blending ice.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

boohar

booharAU

New model not good

Previous model I found to be excellent, lasted me years being used at least 4 times a week. With the new upgrade however (not sure when it came out) I found it to have some fault with the attachment mechanism. It was very loose, so much so that the masher attachment would fall off when in use and the whisk attachment wouldn't even connect.
I was hoping it was just a one off manufacturing fault but when I went to exchange it, I found the floor display to suffer from similar problems, so obviously chose the refund option. Check before you buy and compare how loose the attachment are to other brands.
I did write to Kenwood to notify them, but only received an automated response.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Hi boohar,
Thanks for your review and very sorry to hear about your experience. Happy to hear you got a refund when you weren't happy with the product and please reach out if you have any questions.
Best,

Hina

HinaSydney

Short life blender

Bought this blender for making baby foods from myer, used it only six months and it broken down. Luckily it was under warranty so I got new one but after using it for a year it's broken down again and now it's not under warranty.
I would say when it was working it gave me very smooth blend. But didn't last long enough.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Hi Hina,
Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear about your experience with our machine. Have you contacted your local service centre?

ANG

ANGMelbourne

Waste of money!!

Do not recommend it - go and get one from Kmart or BigW instead. The Kenwod Triblade is an absolute waste of money. It looks attractive with all the attachments but not worth it at all. I bought my Kenwood Triblade in January 2015 and have hardly used it over the last 2 years and 6 months and it's stopped working. Not worth it for that fancy price. I previously had a cheap BigW handblender for $10 which lasted me for over 10 years. I'm not surprised that this has now been discontinued. Save your money and go to Kmart!!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
JOSE

JOSEmilton keynes

Drive shaft attachment breaks down, it's a matter of time. No replacement available

Weak attachment to the mixer, it wears down quickly, wear means play and play enhances wear much quicker. It would be acceptable if there were cheap attachment spares, but they come at the price of another mixers from other brands! Not buying Kenwood anymore...

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Olivia

OliviaCairns

I use this for everything, still going strong.

I love this so much I bought an extra attachment for it. I use it for practically everything. The masher is awesome, it's a really powerful machine and mine has been going for years. I'll buy another one if this one ever dies.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Pixie

PixieAinslie

Great device, but drive mechanism breaks down

I have had two of these. The first one went for about a year and then the drive mechanism failed. I bought another (as it is such a useful design) but now that has failed too. The manufacturer (apparently Kenwood is now owned by De Longi - says essentially 'not my problem' it's been discontinued. So now I'll try another brand! I wonder which one is most reliable?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

What a nightmare is this product

The puree masher is a piece of crap. Took it for repair and turned out I got a replacement - a factory second but it is the same as a new one they said. Surprise surprise, the masher attachment does not fit correctly either, it is in fact worse as there is no way to push it in. The other one wiggled but this one simply does not fit.

I want my money back, but it's not Myer's issue. So now what?

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Sei

SeiNoble Park

Great little kitchen tool

I bought this one when we had our first daughter and I think it was a great buy, this model I haven't had any issues with and I'm still using it, doesn't take up much space and is handy for quick use, easy to take apart and clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Shaan

ShaanCanberra

Don't buy this one

We first purchased this stick blender a few years ago. It stopped working within the warranty period (cannot recall what the problem was) so we returned it. We were going to change brands but Myer gave us the same one with a 3 year warranty care plan for free. We are now two years into the second blender and it has stopped working again - the motor does not turn on. Am about to head back to Myer to get a new stick blender. Not this one though.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Nadežda

NadeždaFresno

Horrible! Couldn't use it even once! Attachments didn't fit at all!

I own a Brown hand mixer for over 30 years! Worried that it will eventually quit working, bought Kenwood in Sur La Table in Los Angeles! The attachments never fit on motor! Still using my Brown and will buy another! Like the large mixer, but at the price over $2000,00 and experience with triple still go for German product! Very sorry! Yours looks gorgeous, but does it work? sorry!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Mark J

Mark JPerth

Blender (Mill) attachment is useless

We purchased this unit a while ago and use it regularly, that is every other attachment except the blender/mill. The potato masher, cream whisk and tri-blade are all great and do the job for what it is designed for. The second time we used the blender bowl attachment it stopped working and would not turn the blades inside the bowl. We took it back to Kambo's and a lady from Kenwood was there setting them up on display. After explaining the problem she swapped the blender bowl for a new one from the display and we left without getting any paperwork. Got it home and after about 6 times this second one also stopped working, we were not chopping anything hard just parsley and soft herbs. Would give 5 stars if not for the blender.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Liese

LieseAdelaide

Good for what I need

I don't use this blender to make smoothies or for fine blending.
I like it more for the attachments. I like that one product has many uses and i use it a lot.
The blending 'mashing' attachment is good for mashed potato but not much else. I tend to use a sharper blade attachment for soups after failing with the former.
I really like the small blending machine though and use it to make marinades and chop herbs etc.
I don't like that most of this machine requires hand washing. Having said that it has outlasted my previous machine and there has been a little decline in the performance of this product since I bought it almost two years ago.
Well worth the price!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Dusty

DustyBuff Point, NSW

Stick fine mill, poor

We have hardly used the mill, and it is broken. ie the drive in the top of the mill is broken.
Don't seem to be able to get replacement, except buying the whole thing again.
Can see why it's discontinued. Poor design to break so easily.
The actual blender works well.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Good for what I needed

I have had my Kenwood Triblade for some years now -bought it on layby at a Target store. Today it finally gave up. I took good care of it and it sat on my benchtop ready for use. On average three or four times a fortnight. Looking forward to buying another as the motor part cannot be repaired.Also looking forward to the beaker as my model was without that.

Date PurchasedJun 2007