Kenwood Triblade

Kenwood Triblade

HB724, HDP406WH, HB720, etc...

2.7

Xylophonens

XylophonensSydney, NSW

It rusts easily

It is overpriced and pieces rust so it’s no longer usable and quite frankly toxic. I recently bought a jug an toaster too in the same brand and they also rust in less than 12 months. I am sure there are others like me that don’t have time to take back they just replace. Don’t buy is my recommendation.

Purchased in September 2019 at Big W for A$180.00.

Coco

Coco

Excellent - I use it almost every day

another motor please

I now have 3 sets of attachments and a 3rd failed motor.
What more can I write 3 strikes your out. Won't buy another.
I thought Kenwood was a name brand unfortunately not.

Purchased in April 2017.

GabeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Hardly used. Out of warranty and died. Total waste of money.

I’ll never buy another Kenwood product. I’ve hardly used the HB720 even though I’ve had it for a few years, and it’s dead. Looked around online and saw that it’s a common issue. Not good enough Kenwood.

I may have used it 6 times, and certainly haven’t even tried all the attachments. Very disappointing.

Purchased for A$120.00.

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What variety of uses

Blend it, chop it, in the pot or in one of the containers. It's SO easy.
Excellent control, can leave the product with texture or smooth as.
The wide surround stops liquids splashing and the slotted surround mashes potatoes perfectly.
Have thrown away my hand whisk for this speedy alternative.
It's all so easy to clean up.
Great product

Auspom

Auspom

Great product with plenty of options for use

Easy to put together. Attachments are connected quickly. Many options for using this blender from soups, pures, chopping fruit and vegetables. Unit is easy to clean and appears to be a very sturdy unit.

Purchased in April 2020 at Stan Cash for A$169.00.

Mohammad

MohammadSydney, NSW

Very good quality blender

Pros:
Solid built
Powerful
Loise level is impressive
the attachments it comes with are all useful
large attachment for potato mash which is very impressive

Cons:
lots of attachments needs big space in your pantry
power cord not long enough

Died just after a year

I always loved using it. Bought in end of 2018, hardly used but for last couple of months (Roughly 3 months)I have been using it more often Let’s say since my Bub started solids. In middle of processing I heard a pop and it’s gone. I checked if I could get spare parts(just handle). No luck :(

Purchased in November 2018 for A$110.00.

otstoy1

otstoy1South East Queensland, QLD

Loved it!

This blender is sooo good! Even on a minimum speed blended salsa in seconds. It has different attachments, easy to use, very good quality and looks so pretty and stilish. Threw my old blenders out, this thing beats them all!

Sylvan Bonett

Sylvan BonettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unhygienic

I have been using a Kenwood Triblade hand blender since last Chrsitmas when my wife gave it to me. I am very fussy about cleaning all my ktchen devices thoroughly and was horrified when I prepared to use the Triblade again, a few weeks after the previous time, when I found specks and drops of black stuff oozing out of the 'finger grip' spindle. On closer inspection I also found traces of this mould inside the lid and around the rim.

Clearly the blended material makes its way up the inside of the spindle and seems impossible to remove. In time it turns to mould and will infiltrate whatever is being blended when next operating. This poses a health risk and should be addressed.

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Worked great! Died too soon!

I used my unit once in a while from late last year and a lot more frequently this year. One day I heard a little pop while mashing chick peas and it stopped working. It's barely a year old. Worked beautifully when it did, but now I can't even get it replaced because it was a gift from Australia and I'm in Kenya.

Purchased in June 2018 for A$120.00.

Carl B

Carl BFar North Queensland, QLD

Burns out too easily

Bought from Myers twice and twice it burnt out within months. Even when trying to be more gentle and not let it get too hot. Seems to be a product fault. Would not recommend this product due to reliability. Looks the goods and feels solid though. Wasn't too noisy either

Date PurchasedJul 2017
davidizquierd

davidizquierd

It is a week machine.

I bought 1 year ago and the product was ok, I like to cook occasionally. But after smashing some potatoes the blender started to stink and a smoke came from the machine. Everything inside looks like is plastic and now it is not working anymore.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
wizzkid

wizzkidBrisbane

No more Kenwood

Expensive device considering the poor design and quality. Even 1 star is too much. Had to replace the first motor after only 2 years. Chose to stick to the same model because of the expensive attachements we had bought. Bought the replacement in October 2015. This started to make funny noises 12 months later. Tried not to use it then much because of the grinding noise. The potato masher only lasted for 3 uses, then the bottom screw came undone from the bottom. The 2nd motor died in May 2018. Replaced it with a Braun MultiQuick. Couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Hi,
Thanks for your review and sorry to hear that we haven't been able to help you out sooner. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you experience any issues with our products going forward.
Best,

Angie K.

Angie K.Perth

Design fault due to O ring

The main problem with this product is the black O ring on the blade attachment that comes off continually. After just seconds of use, the unit emitted a strange sound, so we discontinued blending to find that the black O ring, had popped off. We replaced it, and the same thing kept happening after only seconds. Looking online it seems others have had this problem.

Apart from this design fault, the unit has restrictive rules about how long it can be in use in one stretch, as the motor gets very hot. Very few parts can go in the dishwasher and the manual states that it does not deal with blending ice.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

boohar

booharAU

New model not good

Previous model I found to be excellent, lasted me years being used at least 4 times a week. With the new upgrade however (not sure when it came out) I found it to have some fault with the attachment mechanism. It was very loose, so much so that the masher attachment would fall off when in use and the whisk attachment wouldn't even connect.
I was hoping it was just a one off manufacturing fault but when I went to exchange it, I found the floor display to suffer from similar problems, so obviously chose the refund option. Check before you buy and compare how loose the attachment are to other brands.
I did write to Kenwood to notify them, but only received an automated response.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Hi boohar,
Thanks for your review and very sorry to hear about your experience. Happy to hear you got a refund when you weren't happy with the product and please reach out if you have any questions.
Best,

Hina

HinaSydney

Short life blender

Bought this blender for making baby foods from myer, used it only six months and it broken down. Luckily it was under warranty so I got new one but after using it for a year it's broken down again and now it's not under warranty.
I would say when it was working it gave me very smooth blend. But didn't last long enough.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Hi Hina,
Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear about your experience with our machine. Have you contacted your local service centre?

ANG

ANGMelbourne

Waste of money!!

Do not recommend it - go and get one from Kmart or BigW instead. The Kenwod Triblade is an absolute waste of money. It looks attractive with all the attachments but not worth it at all. I bought my Kenwood Triblade in January 2015 and have hardly used it over the last 2 years and 6 months and it's stopped working. Not worth it for that fancy price. I previously had a cheap BigW handblender for $10 which lasted me for over 10 years. I'm not surprised that this has now been discontinued. Save your money and go to Kmart!!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
JOSE

JOSEmilton keynes

Drive shaft attachment breaks down, it's a matter of time. No replacement available

Weak attachment to the mixer, it wears down quickly, wear means play and play enhances wear much quicker. It would be acceptable if there were cheap attachment spares, but they come at the price of another mixers from other brands! Not buying Kenwood anymore...

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Olivia

OliviaCairns

I use this for everything, still going strong.

I love this so much I bought an extra attachment for it. I use it for practically everything. The masher is awesome, it's a really powerful machine and mine has been going for years. I'll buy another one if this one ever dies.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Debbie

Debbieasked

Triblade HB720

The white cover for the food processor (where the top of the spindle locates), the bit that connects the motor to the food processor and blade, has water in it despite never being placed in dishwasher or submerged for cleaning. This is the second time this has happened. The first time it was replaced under warranty. What is the part number for this? Is it the same part as that for the HB724?

SteveKay

SteveKayasked

Triblade

My blender is a couple of years old, but now my tools continually disconnect from the motor/handle. This sometimes happens during use. All components look ok and unit is clean. Any ideas?

Gabe

Based on my very limited experience with the Kenwood Triblade....due to it failing just outside of warranty after hardly any use, I believe that it may be a contender for worst electrical item I’ve ever owned. Glad you’ve had more luck with yours, but not at all surprised it’s falling apart. If you’re anywhere near the ACT I’ll gladly gift you all the attachments from mine.

Oona V.

Oona V.asked

Triblade

why can't i get the blender lid off when using that type of blending...if you know what i mean....can't get lid off the lugs...

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives