I purchased 2 of these slicers and also purchased the OXO brand slicer. The swifty slicer is flimsy and does not have a usable grater, the saftey holder does not pack inside the unit, made from cheap plastic and was cracked on arrival (replaced by Kleva without question). The OXO brand slicer all packs away in a locked unit, not flimsy and is well made. Out of the 2 the OXO slicer wins hands down. Pay the extra $20 and buy the OXO brand, simply brilliant.
- Verified purchase
although the concept is a good idea, they have a considerable way to go regarding safety. the vegetable holder's supposedly 'saftey' design does not protect hands/fingers enough if your hand slips off. Momentum and inertia wins every time. I found this out the hard way. Thanks to the staff in the ED who looked after what was left of my thumb.
Some pros, some cons
On the upside
1. Constructed of very robust plastic and has a nice sturdy feel.
2. The blades are excellent and it slices things like potatoes, zucchinis etc. well. Also fingers!
1. The slicer doesn't "click" onto the catcher, just rests on it loosely, so it is difficult to stop it moving around on top of the catcher without an uncomfortable death grip - which is really irritating!
2. Not a deal breaker, but it would also be nice if the two halves of the "container" unit clipped together.
3. There must be a knack to using the julienne slicers. I can't get them to cut right through to the end of a carrot (say) even slicing it sideways as opposed to lengthwise.
Questions & Answers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.