Kleva Sumo Slicer

Kleva Sumo Slicer

Disappointed

Cant adjust slice thickness which limits use. Not something I thought about when purchasing. Still need sharp kitchen knives or mandolin.if you have a food processor, 4 sided grater etc. , you dont need this.
On the upside, the ability to anchor to the bench, is a plus. No invoice with delivery which is also dissapointing.
Destined for the back of the cupboard.

Purchased in January 2020 for $80.00.

happy customer

happy customerBarton 2600, ACT

Vege diet

Bought this after husband decided to go meat free for a few months. I have used everyday for certain recipes including stir fry on all vege,nuts,cheese(hard & soft), even potatoes. Its quick and saves so much time to julien especially. No troubles with locking or blocking. Perhaps some other reviewers are trying to put too much in to start with. My only complaint is I would like a thicker slicer. Great for making sweet potatoe crisps- nice and healthy, on the other up side hubby has lost 8kgs in a month not having a bowl of potatoe crips or twisties with his coffee after work, quite happy to have baked crisps homemade.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kleva Range for $79.90.

ZeldaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It just doesn’t do what it’s meant to do

Got sucked into buying this machine after watching ads on how efficiently it worked. Onions, garlic, mushrooms turn into mush. The only thing is works on is carrots, hard cheese, and biscuits or anything hard. I bought it to slice up cabbage for coleslaw, but totally waste of time. Cucumbers and radishes are paper thin which get stuck in the slicer. It doesn’t stick to the bench and can’t get the top off for “easy cleaning “
Tried to return it and approached the company several times for postage free return. They wanted us to take videos of it not working which we complied and we never got a response. Waste of time on all levels.

Purchased in November 2019.

Zelda

Are you going to pay for the return postage? We have been inconvenienced by the whole deal. By the time we pay postage it won’t be worthwhile. There are two machines to be returned.

Don't waste your money

Bought this for myself and a family member. Absolute waste of money and I wish I had checked reviews first. The infomercial shows the sumo slicer having already sliced and grated ingredients. What it doesn't show you is that the food gets stuck in the rotating barrel wasting most of the food you put through it. It doesn't slice fruit and vegetables - it minces them and the suction cap does not work leaving the machine unstable to use on your kitchen bench.

Purchased in November 2019 at Kleva Range for $69.95.

Gordon HowardSydney, NSW

I loved my sumo slicer for the 5 - 6 or times I used it before it broke.

My sumo slicer has been great for cheese, carrots, boiled eggs, etc, but I cannot slice or shred onions. However after using it for a few times, the locking device had locked permanently meaning I cannot take the cylinder off or wash it properly. It is of no use to me now. a lot of money for 6 uses.

Purchased in October 2018.

cynthia duckworth

cynthia duckworthGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It won't stick on laminex surface. It just won't stick

I have tried everything, even used non stick rubber mats but it still doesn't stick on my bench, I don't understand what else I can do...please advise me, the peeler is fabulous

December 24th 2019 Update: Don't waste your time trying

If you can stop it from moving on your bench it is the first start......I have tried everything and it just moved, not suctioned in anyway, shape or form...waste of money, better off using a knife

Purchased in October 2019.

Alison2733

Alison2733Hunter Region, NSW

Good in the beginning

Kleva range Sumo Slicer absolutely loved for the first 8 weeks and now it wont stick to any kitchen surface so is therefore unusable - I gave my 2nd free one to my sister who had the exact same problem

Purchased in June 2019 at Kleva Range for $70.00.

THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

biggest piece of crap that I have ever purchased

Purchased this piece of absolute crap from Hervey Norman, Hervey Bay Qld for $39.95. On special at the front of the store. Cutter blades are paper thin and the handle used to wind this piece of crap wobbled all over the place. Do not waste your money, total wasted expense. Mine is now in the garbage, no, not the recyclable bin, in the RUBBISH bin!! Regards Peter

Purchased in November 2019 for $39.95.

Justin

JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not waste your money

Not a great item slices to thin, awkward to use.
False advertising.
Used with onion and carrot, gets jammed, does not stick to the bench great.
When you turn the handle you hit your other hand.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Lyndol

LyndolIllawarra, NSW

Barrel Buckling Bunkum

First-time use I tried to grate an onion it buckled the barrel. Then tried a carrot and I couldn't even turn the handle. Packed it away after that and haven't tried anything else. Absolute waste of money. Learnt a lesson will not buy kleva products again, no matter how many freebies and double offers.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kleva Range for $69.95.

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

No more onion tears! Great slicer!

It's really easy to use, slices, shreds and grates. Easy to clean and store too. Takes a little to work out the best way to put the verges to get the best result but once you do it's great.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $39.95.

Rubbish

Base wouldnt stick to my laminex kitchen bench
Sticks reasonably to marble slab I bought.
Grated carrots well.. not celery nor cabbage, cucumber was too thin and went mushy. . It was a waste of money. I had already given the second one away so cant return for refund..
I will just use my old fashioned grater.. forget it.. not worth taking out of the drawer.. so its off to the op shop

Purchased in October 2019 at By phone for $70.00.

Chezza M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overrated, total waste

* The base would not grip to the kitchen bench (which is laminex); it did initially, but within seconds would come loose every time I tried.
* About the only thing it would probably be good for is carrots - most other vegetables don't fit in the shoot.
* Had to literally bang the plastic cylinder to release it from the white base.
* My food processor I've had since the 1980's is more convenient and faster to use & wash, and so is my "antique" box grater/shredder.
... Overrated. Total waste of time and money, I sent it back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019 at Kleva Range for $69.95.

Chezza M.

Gee, I note there are no comments from any company rep? Wonder why?

Chezza M.

I've already received a full refund thanks. However, I standby my review.

Rainy

RainySouth East Queensland, QLD

SUMO SLICER - not great

Used my Sumo Slicer for first time today and very disappointed, 1st could not get it to stick to bench top or any other surface. (glass/smooth oven top or wooden board)
Whilst holding it down with an iron gripe we managed to get carrot sliced, capsicum and onion went to much..
Would love to return this product.
Lorraine

Purchased in September 2019 at TV Shop.

Amanda R.

Amanda R.

waste of space and time

my 40 year old hand held grater does a better job than this. to much product waste left, I hate wasting food. luckily I was given this so didn't waste my money.. this doesn't grate it juices as well, my veges grated as much . not happy with this product at all

Really great!

Great amazing product! Strongly recommended to anyone! Saves lots of time! Couldn’t believe it when I used it!
Always useful for your salads, cheese, or to grate for whatever you need!

Purchased in August 2019 for $70.00.

Anne

AnneVictoria

Efficient

Speedy grater - can buy cheaper block cheese and have the grated product in a few minutes. Tip. Put cheese block in freezer for 1/2 hr before grating , so that softer cheese doesn't stick inside tumbler.
Shoot could be wider to accommodate potatoes.

Purchased at TV Shop for $69.95.

Miss Reviewer

Miss ReviewerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So handy!

We got a sumo slicer, after seeing it being advised. I was a bit sceptical, after a lot of products I’ve bought online haven’t worked as advertised. But honestly the sumo slicer is actually so great! I’ve used it on almonds and it was a breeze!! Also grating cheese is so easy. I like how it doesn’t take up much bench space as well so you can have it stored on the bench at all times, and the suction on the bottom holds it on the bench so it doesn’t move while using it. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to make things easier in the kitchen.

QLDZDR

QLDZDRBrisbane

Is it a high value product, does it match the advertiser's claims?

Purchased in August 2019 at TV Shop for $90.00.

Apeks

ApeksMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Another gadget for the bin

Purchased in July 2019 at Kleva Range for $79.90.