Klipsch R-51M

Klipsch R-51M

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Bookshelf Speakers, Or Even As Surround Speakers

These are great little bookshelf speakers which I actually use as surround speakers in my Home Theatre. They are good for 85 Watts RMS, which is overkill when playing movies - there's not much signal to these speakers in this scenario. With a frequency range of 62 Hz to 21 kHz they can easily handle all of the surround effects that they receive, and reproduce those sounds in a clean and crisp way. The tweeters are particularly good, very distinctive, and with a 5.25" mid cone, they can punch out a decent amount of mid-bass.

The reason that I chose these speakers as my surrounds (rather than the huge range of dedicated surround speakers from Klipsch) is for when I play music. In this scenario, much more is asked of the surround speakers, and the R-51M's handle it with ease. Also, the dedicated surround speakers can only function as surround speakers - they are in a V-shape to better reproduce surround effects, as you would expect from surrounds. The R-51M's can function as Bookshelf speakers, and also as surround speakers. Another factor is that the R-51M's are about half the price as the surround speakers.

I can highly recommend the R-51M's - loud, clean, clear and undoubtedly good looking, at a reasonable price - they will surprise you.