Kmart 3L Slow Cooker

3.1

Johnny G.

Johnny G.Illawarra, NSW

It's worth every cent.

I purchased this item for 2 reasons, the first being that it is perfectly round(as opposed to oval) so I can try cakes, and secondly because of the low price/free delivery offer(if bundled with other items total $45).
Rarely do I give 5 star reviews, but I believe that this item at $25 deserves it.
I have used it often, mainly for morning porridge(many times in winter)/chicken drumsticks/pork chop recipes.
My only request would be that it was shorter and wider(keeping the same capacity is fine).
Overall, I am happy to give 5 stars.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $25.00.

Laurence

LaurenceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does what it says - Functional

anko Slow Cooker. Have used it for almost 2 months. It is functional and easy to use. Works as stated. Love the small size. Ideal for places where space is at a premium. Easy to store in a pantry when not in use. The unit is easy to clean. Great Price at $25.

Purchased in April 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $25.00.

IreandAus

IreandAusVIC, 3228

Cooks too high

I have had this slow cooker for about 6 months. I had previously had a larger Kmart oval slow cooker that worked really well.

This one I am now getting rid of as the low setting cooks at too high a temperature.
When I put in a stew or a curry in and set it to low it boils the liquid and therefore the meat is boiled (yuk) instead of slow cooked. This means that the meat does not absorb the flavour and comes and bland and not as moist and slow cooked as it normally would.

Convenient size, but if it cannot be set low enough to slow cook, what is the point?
Have given one star as it is not fit for the purpose it is meant for. Structurally I have had no issues with it.

Disappointing, lucky was cheap.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Kmart 3L Slow Cooker compares to other Slow Cookers

nurn1004

nurn1004

Great compact size, looks great, gets hot

This is a lovely ceramic slow cooker that is a great price but the outside gets very hot when cooking. It has a very basic dial and is untimed so you do need to keep an eye on it. The lid doesn’t sit fully. However it’s a great compact cooker for small meals and desserts.

Purchased in April 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $25.00.

John Doe

Simple, works well, good value.

Bought this to replace my old chipped crock pot.
Pros: It's a good design with the heater in the sides and it has a high top lip so I don't get as much splatter as the old one. It heats at 205 watts on 'high', 135 watts on 'low' and 80 watts on 'keep warm'. The crock is black which I prefer to a white one as stains don't show.
It only cost $25
Cons: It doesn't have "Lamb shanks" on it like the picture shows!

Purchased in November 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $25.00.

Michelle A.

Michelle A.South East Queensland, QLD

Used once, it fell apart.

I used it once. As I was wiping over the outer part, the control knob until fell out of the body of the piece, exposing wires and other parts. I know $25 is cheap, but I expect more than just one use out of it.

Purchased in August 2019 for $25.00.

Nerdgirl

NerdgirlMelbourne

Is ok but will return it

This slow cooker worked ok. I made pulled pork in it and I put it on the high setting so it would cook in about 5hours. It did cook in that time but BC of the high setting the condensation build up meant the lid rattled quite a bit and it splattered water and juices all over my bench top. I will be returning this item to buy a better quality one that hopefully won't splatter. The meat itself was cooked well though and I ended up with a very tasty pulled pork

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $25.00.

Judyasked

How to use the 3ltr Anko slow cooker as there are no instructions included.

John Doe

The instruction manual is available is available to read or download on the Kmart website https://www.kmart.com.au/product/3l-slow-cooker/2445307
It's in the product details column on the 8th line down, click on "Instruction Manual"

How to use slow cooker

How to use

otzi
otzi

I an surprised no one has replied. At the end of the day just put any meat, veg combination in with a bit of water 1/2 to one cup and on high. walk away. Look in about 2-3 hours later to check it isn't bubbling, if so put on low till you can't wait any longer.

What I do is a bit more complex. Get the meanest, toughest meat lump that's cheap. Needs a normal meat fat ratio, but don't worry about it. I put the meat in dry, no water or stock or anything. Can rub a bit of flavour over it but too much will over season the liquid stock later. Start it on high, it will take it a while for the meat lump to warm up, say 2-3 hours. If it looks like nothing is happening, go and find something else to do. Eventually the lump will swell up and start juicing out. Put it on low and go do something. I leave a 1.5 -2 kg lump 10 -12 hours cooking , mostly on low. I also put a cotton hand towel over the lid as an added insulation. Don't worry it not getting dangerously hot. If it did it wouldn't be slow cooking. now the next part - You probably wont be able to spoon out the now very tender lump, but try with two spoons, Pour out the liquid gold and scoop off some of the fat. I pour it into a soup plate and let settle then lay a paper towel square over, the fat will adhere and lift off, repeat. Back into the crock and work on the best stock you have ever had. Rub the sides to get the harder stuff dissolved off, thicken if you wish, that may be easier in a small pan. - Good luck. - Oh, I forgot "Don't lift the lid" . Maybe to turn the lump over at half time and that's all!

CategorySlow Cookers