Kmart 4 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster

See the Best Toasters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Does not even Toast on the highest temperature

Extremely unhappy with the Kmart 4 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster and was able to return it with a full refund. The bread only slightly browned on the top setting of 6 and I had to drop the bread down twice to get what I would consider toast. I have since brought the Target 4 Slice Toaster (TAR4SST19) for only $4 extra and I am extremely satisfied with its toasting ability. The look and settings are the same as the Kmart one but I am able to get toast with the control set on 3.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $35.00.

Even Toasting No

Only lasted 12 mths!

Bread gets jammed, after 12 mths only one side works. It has been working intermittently for 3 mths, I know it was cheap, but 12 mths is very disposable! I will probably try another Kmart one, but a different one!

Purchased in January 2018 for $40.00.

Did a good job

I ussually toast white bread in the morning and it works well but after 2 years the other side of the toaster doesn’t work. When i try different types of bread, it functions well. Otherwise it’s all good, we are still using it but hopefully it will stay longer coz I like this kind of toaster.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great!

Great little toaster - looks nice and works really well, they unfortunately don’t seem to sell this one at my local store anymore - I purchased in January. No electrical smell like some of them have and not expensive either. Never had any problems with mine and would definitely re purchase this toaster again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Honestly so worth it.

Unbelievable. We went from a 200 dollar toaster to this and it has been the best choice we have made. Extremely simple to use. No fuss and no need to be tech savy! My elderly mother uses it with ease. The toast always comes out exactly the way we want it. Both sides are done perfectly. Very easy to clean with a pull out tray. I would 100 percent recommend you buy this product ( brand ) over anything else. Great value! Can not fault!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent for price

I brought this toaster couple days ago as my old one suddenly just stopped working love this toaster for the price. Works well and is a cheaper version of some you can get out there look very nice on your bench as well it's a little bulky but I think that's the fashion these days

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Bonus!!!

This was bought to replace our clapped out Breville 4 slice ... which had given sterling service for around 10 years.

I do admit having snuck a peek at product review before purchasing, but the KMart toaster had been in mind anyway, as I vaguely remember Choice liking it too.

Yes, it's a 4 slice toaster, with the slots being 4 singles arranged in a neat line side by side, rather than the two long slots of the more traditional 4 slicers. The unexpected bonus is that these are arranged as two completely stand alone pairs. Sort of like two double toasters clamped together.

SO, despite us having a 5 person family, there have been many times where some may want cereal for breakfast, and others toast - and the thing can be used as a double instead.

Each stand alone side has individual controls, so that 2 slices can be toasted lightly, and the other two set for a deeper toasting if required.

See what I mean .... bonus!!

Other than the standard toasting intensity dial, each set has a reheat, a cancel, and a defrosting selector. However we haven't used these features.

When first used, I noticed that one element in each slot seemed to glow wayyyy hotter than the other ... even more so than the usual "normal" appearance; however browning still seems even, in spite of this.

The only downside I can find is that you really need to shove the latches down firmly to get them to engage to start the toasting procedure. Otherwise, a first rate appliance for the money, and hoping now that it'll go the distance!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent product at good price

This product is worth its money. Very good toaster for a big family & especially when everyone wants toast at the same time at breakfast time. Stainless steel body makes cleaning easy. Moreover, it toasts all the slices in a similar way. So no fighting between kids at meal time. It’s been serving well since last 11 months almost everyday.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Top Value For Money Toaster

For $39 you can't go past this for a cheap and cheerful toaster. It does the job, looks OK, makes allowance for frozen bread and can reheat cold toast. It can't do oversized bread and hasn't got a Crumpet setting where only one side is toasted. Bit of a gimmick the Crumpet feature in my experience of holiday units.

We needed to replace our old Sunbeam four slice toaster that had finally given up the ghost after eight or ten years of not so sterling service. It had never produced trouble free toast in all its life but we had gotten used to its idiosyncrasies, like having to have at least two goes of turning and/or swapping slots to get roughly even slices.

After discovering that all toasters are made in China, from the $20 ones to the stupidly priced $499 ones, I looked at the cheapies and settled on Kmart because of the range they offered and their returns policy. At least if it failed miserably I could take it back and either try another one or just make our toast under the grill.

Google was telling me the search for a soundly designed reasonably priced toaster was likely to lead to much frustration. Certainly at the lower end of the market they are all going to be of flimsy construction and have similar dubious innards. As for paying five hundred bucks for a toaster - what a joke!! At that rate I could buy twelve Kmart toasters, one for every room in the house and one for the car. All I want to do is toast bread, not gold plate it. Even without X-ray vision I'd have money on there being the same flimsy guts in the expensive ones. Building toasters is not a high-tech enterprise. They have gone about as far as they can go with toast.

The chosen Kmart one was a real surprise. Took a guess at a setting for lightly toasted bread, 3 seemed reasonable, popped in four slices of frozen Wonder White and pressed the "Frozen" button and out came four lightly toasted, thoroughly presentable slices of toast, first go. Amazing!

The only downside so far is that it is nearly twice as big as the old one, and "one slice only" gets flung right out of the thing when it pops up. The old one did that trick too, they probably all do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017