3Koala Virtue Office Chair

71%24%6%

Ishan
IshanSydney, NSW3 posts
 Pinned

Excellent comfort at a very reasonable price point

The hallmark of any good design is that it disappears. That is exactly what happens when I sit on this chair, after first couple of minutes of use the chair disappears and I am left focussed on my screen.

In terms of comfort the experience reminds me of upgrading from Economy class to Business on an intercontinental flight. It felt like one of those pods, the fabric is soft, the cushion is a nice mix of lush and firm. Although it's difficult to judge ergonomics in short usage, but the chair seems to be comfortable for long sitting (2.5 - 3 hrs)

It seems there has been a lot of thought put into designing the angle of the seat and backrest tilt. From the pictures it doesn't look 100% convincing but in real world use, I haven't noticed anything concerning. In fact while sitting my head is in upright position in default setting. The arm rests are well placed, they are not too intrusive. The chair appears voluminous, but it is quite smooth to drag while sitting or just moving it around. I've it comfortable even when I cross one of my leg on the other.

I know looks are subjective, but what got me into buying it over other is it's quirky looks. It has a definite character that adds to your space. The same day delivery was a pleasant delight. Communication with customer service team for few queries was a world class experience.

But it's not perfect. I am nitpicking, but for the sake of improvement... the plastic packaging around the height adjustment lever was clumsy and took a while to remove. The metal piece between wheel base and gas lift rod is a bit loose and sometimes make a little noise.

Overall this is a fantastic, well designed product and a great value for money.

Purchased in for $290.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Will
WillPerth, WA

Damaged Chair Owner Ghosted by Company

Ordered two chairs, waited over six weeks for one chair to arrive damaged. Going on three weeks now and I am unable to get in contact with Koala. I've called, left voicemails, using chat feature and emailing. I have had no reply. Show details
JRO
JROSydney, NSW

Very comfortable and lightweight

This is a very comfortable chair and very lightweight too. Delivery was exceptionally fast. One issue was that the stitching on the back cushion wasn’t level so it appears to be on an angle but doesn’t affect function Show details
Yasemin B.
Yasemin B.

Comfy but casual

Not the office chair if you want to sit at 90 degrees. I was shocked by how reclined I sat in this chair. It's comfy but definitely for casual desk use not for 9+hr days. Show details
Bek
Bek

I love my chair!

Super comfortable and even with the arms it fits easily under my desk.
I got it in green and the colour is slightly lighter than pictured, mostly due to the way that they have styled the room behind the chair.
If you like a supportive back, this chair probably isn’t for you, but I love to sit up naturally while I work and then lean back into the seat to think, so it works well for me. Show details
Renee
Renee

Extreme comfort!!

Best purchase we have made in a long time. Very happy! Show details
RACHEL Phillips
RACHEL Phillips

The perfect office chair!

I’ve purchased two of these divine chairs for my WFH office - they are well used by me during the day, but unfortunately disappear after 3:30pm as the kids state they are the ideal computer game chair for their needs!! 10/10 - highly recommended, by big and little people! Show details
Thomas
Thomas
  Fair Incentive

Chair is very comfortable and looks good

Very comfortable, looks great and came very quickly! Overall we are very happy! Show details
Jane P.
Jane P.

Stylish office chair

This is a beautiful chair, but it has no lumbar support and the most upright position has a significant lean. I really wanted to love it, but I wish it was more ergonomic. It isn't really suitable as an office chair in all day use.
Also, koala packaging is noticeably less environmentally friendly and lower quality than my last purchase 18 months ago. The chair also has a strong polyurethane smell when it is unboxed. Show details
kunjan r.
kunjan r.
  Fair Incentive

Best comfort but not for long period

The chair is a bit tilted back and hence you cannot attain a straight posture while working … you can use a small pillow or a lumbar support to get that posture … once you attain that I guess it’s one of the best chair … Show details
CamH
CamH

Great chair

Really fast delivery, easy to assemble, & super comfy. Wombo combo! Show details
AussieSydney0
AussieSydney03 posts

Great chair but fabric easily dirty

Comfortable chair that looks great and feels even better.

The only flaw is that the grey fabric stains easily and I had to get it professionally steam cleaned.

It’d be great if koala made arm rest covers that were washable. Show details

James M.
James M.5 posts

Good office chair

I bought 2 of these chairs 6 months ago, they are comfortable and seem very well made. Took about 2 months for delivery although I was aware of a delay when I ordered. I was updated regularly about additional delays and they made good with me by offering some free merchandise. Would 100% recommend as a company who is customer focused.
Greg D.
Greg D.Sydney, NSW

Angela
Angela4 posts

Very comfortable and very quick shipping

My own leather chair has been dropping leather flakes from wear and tear after using it continuously over the last year WFH, so decided it was time to replace it.

I ordered the Koala Virtue office chair in the morning and received it very quickly in the afternoon. Chair is quite comfy and looks very nice in my home office space within my bedroom. Very quick and easy to assemble, quickly threw on a soft comfy throw so it is even more soft and smooth!
 Show details ·  1