Kogan Portable Air Conditioner

Portable Air Conditioners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of portable air conditioner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Room Type
  • Portability

Nataraj C.

Nataraj C.Sydney, NSW

Not an Aircondition.. waste

just purchased after seeing all the positive reviews(paid review?).worst experience ever and no more purchase from Kogan.com. using is as a cooler fan. noisey, cant cool a small room(12 sqm)

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Dutchie00Mid North Coast, NSW

Perfect for our needs

Love it bought one 14 months ago, and we have just purchased another one. The app is really handy when the remote is not nearby. Our unit can get up to 42C on hot days and this unit will cool it down to 25C in no time. The 2nd unit was bought for our bedroom to replace an old one. The DE-Humidify setting works well on hot steamy days. I tried the heat function in our winter time and that works well too. I did have problems with some other Kogan products and was hesitant in getting these but had no problems. I just wish that the Tube was a bit longer, but that's all I can say about the negative part.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kogan.com for $379.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Small Office

JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just an expensive fan!!

Product arrived in a timely fashion. Looks great but turned it on and it has ZERO cooling capacity! To make it worse there is almost no way to contact kogan

Purchased in December 2019 at Kogan.com for $440.00.

WazzaGJ

WazzaGJAU

Great for a quick cool down during heatwaves.

I've been using this unit to supplement my evaporative ducted system due to water restrictions. It's been great for cooling down rooms quickly. It's both quite & compact in comparison to many others offering 16,000 btu's.
It does as advertised & great value for money.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kogan for $399.00.

Eric

EricCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Don't buy

Purchased it 20.11.2019. This unit is a waste of time and money. Cooled a tiny 2.4 x 2.4 meter area by only three degrees - from 35 degrees C to 32 degrees C. Buy anything but this

Purchased in November 2019.

Room Type Small Office

info4ugs

info4ugsWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

garbage

stays in dry mode only, actual air con doesnt work, is extremely noisey, would not recommmend this air con to anyone unless i hated them, find a better brand of air con

Purchased in February 2018 at eBay for $350.00.

agilis

agilisPerth, WA

Does the job very well

Purchased this portable unit last summer and we have used it in our large master bedroom and out in our closed in patio. It does the job very well & helps us to sleep better at nights. Pretty good considering we are in Perth and it gets pretty hot! Didn't want to review it until we had used it enough to give an honest appraisal. Happy so far.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

rap attackSydney, NSW

Not as good as i thought

The cooling and dehumidifying on this works rather well but the heating not so much. I run at a very low body temperature and never owned an aircon before. I can see why the person sold it as their place is bigger than mine. My place is small but no way to close off the long hallway to the bedroom so i can get better heat. A metre from the aircon its cold as outside so i have to sit right next to it or put a blanket on myself on the couch

Purchased in April 2018 at eBay for $150.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
Oaj S.

Oaj S.Sydney, NSW

Works Well

During summer, its pretty much ON all the time. So it copes well with high demand and extended usage. I am decently satisfied with the performance. I keeps my room relatively good during extreme summer as long as it is ON all the time. It can be loud at times so It can be annoying at night. During winter I use it as a fan which works well too.

Purchased in February 2018 at Kogan.com for $299.00.

C. Red

C. RedSouth East Queensland, QLD

The WORST Portable Air Conditioner I have ever owned

Purchased in December 2018 for $599.00.

brad

bradSydney, NSW

great unit but broke

bought it 2 yrs ago and sold as we got ducted .
the swing broke within a week of buying it but did not affect the unit working it cooled real well and was not too loud besides when it turned on and off .

Purchased in January 2016 for $499.00.

leanne mcmullenSydney, NSW

Waste of money

Water cooling component keeps breaking down and continually gets blocked even though it was cleaned regularly. It now only works as a very expensive fan as it cost a few hundred dollars and works no better than a twenty dollar pedestal fan

Purchased in September 2018 for $200.00.

leanne mcmullen

we returned the product after 1 to 2 days of use and a new one was sent . the same problem happened after a few days. Obviously this product has a faulty component which should be investigated.

charchie

charchieSydney

It’s just OK

It does the job for a 6m x 6m room.
It’s quite noisey compared to other units I have owned.
The WIFI smart remote is not very intuitive at all and the manual supplied is for another unit.
It does work but it’s not the best out there, yet again for $399 you get what you pay for.

Purchased in February 2019 for $399.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Matty C

Matty CSydney, NSW

Pretty Good

I bought my unit the Sunday before a public holiday and it still arrived on the Thursday at lunchtime which was fantastic. That day it was 38 degrees where I live with about 90%humidity. Cooled the house significantly in 30 minutes, left it on and went out for 2 hours and came back the room was lovely and cool. A little noisy but well worth the money for the 10/15 odd days that it got to the high 30s and low 40s in my town. Should have bought it at the start of summer.

Purchased in January 2019.

Carlos

CarlosSydney

Cheap brand...

Anyone who wants to buy this....please read this first. I put on this small room that could only fit a single bed and it takes till morning to cool it...its just a blower with a bit of cold air. And the noise that it makes...cant believe there is still an aircon like this one nowadays. Its like running a generator inside your room. I woke up 4 times...it should have come with an earplug. Its a cheap china made component...never going to buy from dick smith kogan again.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
meagain

meagainJervis bay, Nsw

Oh bless The

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Chris

Chrismelbourne

Decent for my purpose, but build quality isnt the best.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

ShanellJ

ShanellJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely

I didnt expect this air con to be as good as it is but it is amazing! It doesn’t take long to cool down our whole loungeroom and once everything is closed up the room gets quite cool and it’s just bliss on those super hot muggy days here in Brisbane, if you live here you know those days I’m talking about! It was easy to set up and we also duct taped the window kit to the window frame so it’s nice and secure. Other portable air cons we’ve had in the past don’t even compare to this one! It blasts cold air throughout the room instead of just one direction so everyone in different areas can feel cool instead of just the person sitting directly in front of it. Probably our best purchase this year by far. Very happy family here.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Rach W

Rach WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish we'd bought one sooner

Purchased in November 2018 at Kogan.com.

Ed H