Kogan SmarterHome 2400W 11 Fin Oil Heater

Kogan SmarterHome 2400W 11 Fin Oil Heater

MPN: KAOLHT11WFA
See the Best Electric Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kogan

1.0
  • Heating Speed1/5 - 2/5 (15)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (0) · No (13)
Phillip E.
Phillip E.Hunter Region, NSW

Useless as a heater, works as a doorstop.

Purchased in July 2021 at Kogan.com for $74.99.

RossKogan

Don’t buy waste of money!!

Wish I read the below reviews before purchasing I could copy and paste what my issues are. A heater that didn’t heat at all completely useless. Just turns on and off with a loud clunk.
I’ve just started the returns process after having the heater less than 12 hours avoid at all costs!!

Purchased in August 2021 at Kogan.com for $100.00.

AlvaroSydney, NSW

35 degrees and automatically Turns off

Received the heater today. It doesn't work, when it reaches 35 degrees (the maximum the app allows) it automatically turns off. This heater is absolutely useless. I don't know how they sell a product like this.

Purchased in June 2021 at Kogan.com.

ColinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible product

Wish I had read these reviews before purchasing, why they are still selling this product I don't know.

Same deal as everyone else, I have mine set to 35 degrees (the highest setting), but I'm sitting in 15 degree room and it keeps shutting itself off. It will never heat any room as the thermostat is reading the coil temperature. It's absolute junk to be honest, Kogan should not be selling this product without fixing the design.

I had purchased this to heat the baby room, thankfully the baby isn't here yet as the little one would be freezing.

Hopefully the refund process is easy as I have lodge a request already.

Purchased in June 2021 at Kogan.com for $70.00.

Electric Heaters

Find out how Kogan SmarterHome 2400W 11 Fin Oil Heater compares to other Electric Heaters

Jessica C.
Jessica C.South East Queensland, QLD

Noisey and unusable

Clunks and clicks all night and is so loud it wakes my son. I’ve since read reviews on Kogan and it’s not an in common complaint.
Disappointing for $120. Had high hopes being able to control remotely and set the timer for the cooler hours.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for $120.00.

Benny
BennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Noisy and does not heat room at all.

The heater is noisy. Constantly loud clicking sound every 10-15 mins. Does not heat up. Does not heat the room. I purchased a $25 second hand delonghi one and it now works a treat. Hoping dick Smith /Kogan refunds me for this awful device. Very disappointed

Purchased in July 2020 at Dick Smith for $119.00.

someone
someonesydney

So disappointed!

My husband brought the so called “smart heater” when sydney just started to enter winter. I was hoping to use this in our little ones nursery room at night but this is completely useless. It makes the loudest ever clicking noise when it’s on and barely produces any heat for cold nights, because of the noise it makes we can’t leave it in the nursery room and it cannot he used in other rooms as it doesn’t heat properly. The cheap woolies one I brought from 10 yrs ago works better than this! What a waste of money...

Purchased in June 2020.

RossKogan

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Fallah
FallahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Heater Doesn't Heat

From the very day I received the heater, it has never been able to heat up at all. I thought I was doing something wrong but from the reviews I have just read, there must be some manufacturing default with the machine. The heater keeps making those clicking noises and will produce absolutely no heat.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com for $150.00.

AndySydney, NSW

Heater does not work! & Kogan after service is terrible

This heater does not work, I wish I had a review like this before I brought the damn thing. Like everyone else on this forum this heater is flawed from the design. When I asked for a refund, Kogan did not even blink before approving one.

However, the process in getting the refund has been painful and still in progress. I paid $120 and $19 for unused 3 yr warranty. They only refunded me $99.99, I am still in the process of trying to recover $39. Response from the Kogan team have been slow and painful, there is no one to call. Everything is through emails. This is a Warning! think twice before buying from them, the minimal savings is not worth the hassle. Shop at Amazon instead!

Purchased in May 2020 for $119.99.

Derek KrauseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lemon

This product, does not heat, is loud, is not worth your money, please buy something else. I'm probably going to throw it in the bin and buy a new one from somewhere else.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com.

Derek Krause

Edit: Support have given me a refund in full for this product. I don't know what went wrong with the design but I can tell you that I'm grabbing a different one asap.

DonalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Where's the heat

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com for $115.00.

Fred
FredPerth

Same same: Loud clicking noises and barely heating

Same as other reviews, bought for nursery. Loud clicking noises was such a hit with the wife :) especially after spending hours getting the little one to sleep. Seriously, just buy a normal oil heater rather.

Purchased in May 2020 for $119.00.

MngSydney, NSW

Hopeless oil heater

Oil heater doesn't work effectively to warm a bedroom. WiFi and app controls work fine. Heater thermostat says 35degs, actual room is 17 degrees. I let kogan know and they sent a replacement unit. It had the same problem. I believe there is a design flaw in this product. The oil heater also makes loud noises at random intervals.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for $120.00.

Mng

I have contacted the help desk two days ago with no reply. I am quite disappointed with kogan.

Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW

This can't be right...

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com for $119.00.

Lachlan
LachlanSydney, NSW

Not heating/ loud clicking sounds

I have received this Kogan 11 fin Kogan smart heater a few days ago it barely gets Luke warm and makes loud clicking sound on all three settings when contacting Kogan I was told that they would replace the heater and I could dispose of the one I have after reading reviews of the same problem from other buyers I have requested another brand or a refund/credit everything else I have bought from Logan has been value for money but I believe this product is a lemon.

Hope to hear from you soon Kogan!

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com for $119.00.

Brien A
Brien Aasked

Purchased two Kogan SmarterHome 2400W 11 Fin Oil Heaters, the 2nd one arrived today. Had the first one for 3 days it doesn't work effectively to warm a bedroom. WiFi and app controls work fine. Heater thermostat says 35degs, actual room is 15 degrees. I live in Canberra and of a morning it can be minus degrees, the Kogan SmarterHome 2400W 11 Fin Oil Heater will do nothing to fix that situation.
The 6 fin heater that I brought the Kogan SmarterHome 2400W 11 Fin Oil Heaters to replace ensure that the temperature in my lounge and family room are a constant 21 degrees. Looks like they are back in use and the Kogan is in excess and useless baggage.

Kogan I would like two replacements PLEASE, the Kogan Premium 2400W 11Fin Oil Heater appears to be a much better product two of those would be fine.

Alvaro

Hey Brian, all heaters have the same problem. Kogan knows and sells them anyway. It's a scam. Ask for an equal characteristics replacement, refund or contact fair trade.

Colin

Yeah they don't work at all, the thermostat is located underneath on the side where the controls arewhere, look under the bottom and you'll see it, it's a black circle and is far far too close to the heater for it to ever realistically read the room temperature. Add to that the overheat protection kicks in all the time, you'll hear a click and the light on the power switch on the side turns off. I measured it and it turns off at 65 degrees, all 3 power settings reach this temperature so even if the thermostat was somewhere more sensible it will turn off as the the overheat switch isn't sized appropriately.

Amazing you can design and sell such a faulty product.

Belinda D.
Belinda D.asked

I just received this heater today, and I’m so disappointed. It’s not heating a damn thing, I have a similar sized room to the OP and having the same issues. I’ve previously purchased Kogan heaters, with one dying two months in and they promptly refunded me. The other heater is still going strong. I have another brand fin heater that has been going for years and I’ve put in my daughters room. I’ll just have to freeze this winter then, lesson learnt with Kogan heaters! :(

Sandra R.
Sandra R.asked

I have one of these smart heaters which I bought for my daughter's nursery to use at night. I was under the impression that it was the best option for a heater as there are no bright buttons or lights and it would be quiet to run. To my surprise it is so noisy and it actually woke me up from another room. It makes the loudest clicking noise which I'm sure can't be right. We have no use for this heater as it wakes up at night, which is when we intended to use it. Is there something wrong with it or is this how it is made? I'd love to get a refund if this is how it operates because it's useless to us. Oil heaters shouldn't be that loud.

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

The one we bought also has the loudest clicking noises. We bought it to replace a different brand 1200W equivalent because it wasn't quite heating our bedroom as much as we wanted. Turns outs out this kogan one has a worse heat output despite being double the wattage and randomly starts making clicking noises that wake us up. We have reverted to using the old one... hopefully we can get refund .

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryElectric Heaters