ZG222-48, ZD221, ZG227-54

Kubota very disappointing.

I69087
I69087Darling Downs, QLD

Best I have had to date - a Keeper

I mainly use the ZG222 to keep 4 Acres of Grass under control.
A pleasure to use, and does a good job.
Do most of its maintenance myself, which is quite easy and straight-forward.
I also run around Two domestic blocks to get the Grass down when out of control.

Purchased at David Evans Toowoomba.

Other Ride-On Mowers

Rare problem that ruins a good machine

For 8 years I have been fighting this problem. At first changing a brake switch would help but now that doesn't seem to fix problem. I think the safety devices are preventing me from starting the mower. Have spent a fortune trying to solve. They just can't fix it. It may take me 20 minutes playing with the PTO and brakes to get in just the right position to crank mower. Crazy! Once running, it is a great machine. Call me exhausted and poor. Love to hear a fix.

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Kubota Z200 Series compares to other Ride-On Mowers

JohnKatherine, NT

Best mower I have ever owned !

First zero turn mower I have owned and found it to be so manoeuvrable around trees and bushes. Also like the hydraulic deck lift makes it easy to set the cutting height. Have owned a kubota diesel ride on before and found them to be very reliable, Definitely can recommend the Kubota zero turn.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Sorry i didnt purchase earlier.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Aaron
Aarontownsville

good machine very commercial grad

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Essdubbya
EssdubbyaSydney, NSW

Great mower but unresolved issues

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Almost Wife proof!

Have had our ZG222 for 5 years now. Almost 400hrs on the clock. The only issue we've ever had is that it generally blows the deck belt every year. I'm not really that stressed though because it does some terribly hard work in long heavy grass. My wife mows roots, rocks and stumps with it. She has killed every other mower we have owned in the past twenty years but so far the Kubota is standing up to it. Keep the air filter clean and change the oils at the correct intervals, grease everything and these things will last and last.

Other Ride-On Mowers

Puts the fun back into mowing.

Have owned the ZG222 for 2 years with 100 hrs on the clock. I love it!.... A powerful, solid, well built mower that does what it is designed to do. Features that other brands lack, like shaft drive & hydraulic deck lift are just part of what makes it reliable. Also, love the sacrificial cans that protect the lower deck bearings. Just brilliant! Only downside is the wheels on the mower deck are easy to hit and bend off centre. It's an easy & very cheap fix to replace the wheel mounting bolt but annoying.
Solid, reliable and efficient. Cuts heavy grass with ease. Has halved my mowing time. My tractor with 6 ft finishing mower deck has been made redundant.
Kubota dealers are scarce here in Queensland so service is generally not close by.

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Kubota Z200 Series compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Tony007AU

Superior quality. Nicely engineered

How much did it cost you.

Tony007

About A$10500 that was 9 on this ago.

Best mower I have ever used. I can mow my 3 1/2 acres in just over an hour. With the 0% financing that Kubota is offering I couldn't refuse the temptation to get a mower that will be the last one I purchase, it should last a lifetime.
Construction. Power. Ease of maintenance. Comfort for operator.
Price. You do get what you pay for.

John C.
John C.asked
ZG227-54

what is the purchase price

Patsy C.
Patsy C.asked
Z200 Series

Am thinking of purchasing the Kubota Z251... any reviews good or bad?

John

We purchased our a Kubota ZG222 mower two years ago and found it to be a very reliable easy to operate machine . I mower the lawn in half the time now . I definitely recommend a Kubota mower for anyone with a big lawn .

Jack D.
Jack D.asked
ZG222-48

I have had this mower for 8 years and I know this is a rare problem and Kubota can't seem to fix. I think it is a problem with the kill switch system that prevents me from starting. I have to play with PTO and brakes etc for maybe 20 minutes before I finally bet a connection. Runs great. Can't start. Have spent a fortune trying to solve. It has beat them. I would like to know how to disengage all safety features. I would like to get another mower but I can not sale this one. Help?

Compare all 3 Kubota Z200 Series

Horsepower22 hp27 hp
Max Speed14.5 km/hr14.5 km/hr
Reverse Speed8 km/hr8 km/hr
Dimensions 1775 x 2093 x 1710 mm
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor