Laundry Powder, Laundry Liquid

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (2)
  • Smell

Does Laundrite attract moisture?

I bought this powder and it seems to wash OK. Stains need pre wash spray and the fragrance isn't very nice. Lately with all the persistent rain we've been having, the cardboard box of my powder is absorbing water and is in danger of falling apart. Does Laundrite absorb water like salt does in days of continuous rain?

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI.

Horrendous stuff

This product causes skin irritation and an all over red rash. Appalling stuff. I have had no reaction to other detergents I have used. I think it should be illegal.

cvanzal

cvanzalSydney, NSW

The first and last time!

My usual trusted brand always gets my white chef's uniforms sparkling clean.
Today I washed with LaundRite for the first time only because someone gave this box of powder to me.
I was so disappointed with the result!
First of all it created too much suds in my machine even though I measured out the powder carefully.
My frontloader automatically stopped the cycle twice for ten minutes each time until the suds settled down.
Next, it didn't get my stains out and I had to rewash my uniforms properly with my usual brand.
Never again!

Purchased in November 2019.

Laundry Detergents

Find out how Laundrite (ALDI) Laundry Detergents compares to other Laundry Detergents

Ara

AraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheap and nasty!!

Bought it recently from Aldi and just used once as i realiased this product is super cheap and nasty!!not even clean the simple dirts or stains also the smell is just awfull!they said that its a lemon fregrence oh really!it smells like something burnt!!
Disgusting product!!have used other aldi products and thats all have been fantastic!aldi should remove this product from shelf!!

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $3.69.

Smell
Causes IrritationNo

Absolute rubbish.

This product left orange/brown stains on my sheets,pillowcases ect.Aldi need to remove this from it's shelves.Very disappointed!!! I understand that it was cheap as chips to purchase but no excuse for leaving stains.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI.

MD2413

MD2413South East Queensland, QLD

Be careful causes allergic reactions

Got hives all over my arms, my thighs and stomach when I washed my clothes with this detergent. I don’t have a problem with any other laundry detergents only this one. Never had allergies with anything until I used this product. I don’t have sensitive skin, but something in this product is harsh that it causes an allergic reaction on my skin. I don’t shop at Aldi for this reason now. Best to stick to brands not sold by Aldi. Even their food can’t be trusted, I bought Tzaziki (unopened and completely sealed) but when I opened it there was mould.

Purchased in January 2016.

Causes IrritationYes
Elizabeth

ElizabethWest Busselton

No itching and clean pants

I use half of the recommended amount of this detergent, in my daily wash. I can safely say that my clothes look fantastic, true stains may not be removed, but most stains need some form of treatment.
My skin in hypersensitive (i cant use most of the popular brands) and suffers no ill effects from this detergent and most certainly cannot use softeners as they have perfumes.
As a side note I am pretty fussy with my washing and this passes my test.

Terrible product

This product is terrible. It leave bleach stains on clothes and crystallisers in in the machines soap dispenser. I won’t buy this product again. Price us very cheap. I will try another Aldi product.

Think twice before purchasing

Unfortunately this product is not good quality. Although the price maybe cheap it has caused several issues . Firstly this powder leaves orange stains on clothing which destroyed many expensive towels and other clothing of items. Secondly this product is a health hazard, our entire family broke into hives or rashes. don't buy it. I'll be getting a refund at my nearest aldi store.

Laundry Detergents

Bleach spots on coloured sheets

I have found small bleach marks on my coloured sheets after they were washed in Laundrite powder.
I have written to Aldi .They tell me this has neverbeen reported before.
The sheets are good quality items.
This is most disappointing.
I have submitted photos of 2 different sheets with similar blrach spots.

KRISHNA

KRISHNA

Saves us heaps of money

Laundrite clothes wash for the big 4kg box is not much over $4 and lasts for so long and fantastic in my opinion and the big box is good for the machine. The best laundry detergents will remove spills like oils, tomato, and starches from your clothes. Detergent also amounts to at least half the running cost of your washing machine, so it pays to pick the right one.

smith27

smith27North-West & West coast, TAS

Great value

I recently bought my first box after always buying expensive powders at Aldi. So far I have found it washes just as well as more expensive powders. i will now use Laundrite for towels and light loads and the expensive powder for stained clothes.

Mmm

MmmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Skin Reaction

This is shocking. Massive skin reaction from this product. Rashes and hives all over back, both shoulders, parts of stomach, both arms. It shouldn't be on the shelf. I know 4 others that react the same to this poor product.

Wyldestyle

WyldestyleAU

Eczema and allergy skin- this stuff was great on my daughter's skin

I tried more than 20 different brands, including some very expensive ones from allergy websites. Even tried making my own clothes detergent- bad idea.
Then I found this. The only one that didn't make her complain/cry/strip off her clothes.
Aldi doesn't advertise it as good for Sensitive eczema skin, but it certainly was in our experience.

...I still have boxes of other detergent in the cupboard that we opened and couldn't use because of my daughter's sensitive eczema.
Thank goodness for this. Good price too.

Concern about packaging.

That's a lot of plastic. Can it be made out of what long life milk containers are made out of? With a handle similar and rectangle. Concerned about the environment.

Laundry Detergents

Powder caused a skin problem

Just a warning be in sure to rinse this out well value is not there because it caused skin irritation. Please be careful with the use.

Recommend trimat or almat instead.

Sunnflower

SunnflowerAU

Think hard

Ive been using this for a couple of years now basically because its cheap and works most of the time
We have a small washer now that we are on our own just 2 of us.
The apple smell is only in the bottle,it doesnt leave a smell on the clothes once washed bit disappointed there.
I have also found ,like other reviewers that I tend to use 2/3 cup for a normal wash .its isnt sudsy and half the time Im wondering if it works but my clothes are nice and clean,gets my work clothes clean,im a cleaner and if left on a stain for ten min and washed it will 9/10 get rid of the stain
The label says it can get 25 washes but im yet to see that,a bottle lasts me about 2/3 weeks doing 4 loads a week.
I will keep using it as its cheap and works.

jaya36

jaya36SA, 5169

I found it great!

melbmumof2

melbmumof2Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mix it up!

As the title suggests - Mix it up. I buy 1 x 2kg Omo and mix it with 8kg or 2 boxes of laundrite - 10kg washing powder for $16.00.
Never had any issues with stains / brightness / smells etc.
Washing powder is otherwise A RIP OFF!

AmayzingoneSydney, NSW

Correct dosage for this product is at least 2 cups for your average 6kg washer - NOT CHEAP!

QZR88
QZR88

Wouldn't adding 1 or 2 cups of detergent overfoam and flow out of your machine?

Amayzingone

Ha ha. For any normal liquid detergent - yes. But this stuff is so diluted you could never add too much.