LaundRite (Aldi) Powder

LaundRite (Aldi) Powder

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Smell
cvanzal

cvanzalSydney, NSW

The first and last time!

My usual trusted brand always gets my white chef's uniforms sparkling clean.
Today I washed with LaundRite for the first time only because someone gave this box of powder to me.
I was so disappointed with the result!
First of all it created too much suds in my machine even though I measured out the powder carefully.
My frontloader automatically stopped the cycle twice for ten minutes each time until the suds settled down.
Next, it didn't get my stains out and I had to rewash my uniforms properly with my usual brand.
Never again!

Purchased in November 2019.

Smell
Ara

AraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheap and nasty!!

Bought it recently from Aldi and just used once as i realiased this product is super cheap and nasty!!not even clean the simple dirts or stains also the smell is just awfull!they said that its a lemon fregrence oh really!it smells like something burnt!!
Disgusting product!!have used other aldi products and thats all have been fantastic!aldi should remove this product from shelf!!

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$3.69.

Smell
Causes IrritationNo

Elizabeth

ElizabethWest Busselton

No itching and clean pants

I use half of the recommended amount of this detergent, in my daily wash. I can safely say that my clothes look fantastic, true stains may not be removed, but most stains need some form of treatment.
My skin in hypersensitive (i cant use most of the popular brands) and suffers no ill effects from this detergent and most certainly cannot use softeners as they have perfumes.
As a side note I am pretty fussy with my washing and this passes my test.

Terrible product

This product is terrible. It leave bleach stains on clothes and crystallisers in in the machines soap dispenser. I won’t buy this product again. Price us very cheap. I will try another Aldi product.

Think twice before purchasing

Unfortunately this product is not good quality. Although the price maybe cheap it has caused several issues . Firstly this powder leaves orange stains on clothing which destroyed many expensive towels and other clothing of items. Secondly this product is a health hazard, our entire family broke into hives or rashes. don't buy it. I'll be getting a refund at my nearest aldi store.

Bleach spots on coloured sheets

I have found small bleach marks on my coloured sheets after they were washed in Laundrite powder.
I have written to Aldi .They tell me this has neverbeen reported before.
The sheets are good quality items.
This is most disappointing.
I have submitted photos of 2 different sheets with similar blrach spots.

KRISHNA

KRISHNA

Saves us heaps of money

Laundrite clothes wash for the big 4kg box is not much over $4 and lasts for so long and fantastic in my opinion and the big box is good for the machine. The best laundry detergents will remove spills like oils, tomato, and starches from your clothes. Detergent also amounts to at least half the running cost of your washing machine, so it pays to pick the right one.

smith27

smith27North-West & West coast, TAS

Great value

I recently bought my first box after always buying expensive powders at Aldi. So far I have found it washes just as well as more expensive powders. i will now use Laundrite for towels and light loads and the expensive powder for stained clothes.

Powder caused a skin problem

Just a warning be in sure to rinse this out well value is not there because it caused skin irritation. Please be careful with the use.

Recommend trimat or almat instead.

melbmumof2

melbmumof2Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mix it up!

As the title suggests - Mix it up. I buy 1 x 2kg Omo and mix it with 8kg or 2 boxes of laundrite - 10kg washing powder for $16.00.
Never had any issues with stains / brightness / smells etc.
Washing powder is otherwise A RIP OFF!

ANGIE C

ANGIE CQueensland, 4124

LaundWrong

Caroline59

Caroline59Maryborough Qld

Value for money.

I bought a 4kg packet of Laundrite in November last year and I have just finished it. It is great value for the money and gets our clothes clean. Before I was buying bulk powder which had gone up to $60 for a 20kg pack which was too expensive so I hunted around for a cheaper alternative. I am quite happy with the product and its outcome.
It is good value for money and gets the job done.

Rash alert

Have had an awfully itchy rash on arms, legs, and identified a month ago it was due to changing over to Laundrite powder from Aldi. Won't be buying this again, it's not value for money when you have to re-wash all your clothes with a different powder!!

nadine12
nadine12

me too. :(

Pretty useless

Doesn't clean clothing with any noticeable stains, mould etc. Dull finish. Needs additives to get a reasonable finish, so there goes the superficial price advantage.
Inexpensive
Ineffective when used alone.

pinkprincess01

pinkprincess01AU

Bad

I have used this washing powder several times and have found that it does not work very well at all, clothes come out not smelling very fresh and dont seem as clean. I wont be using this product again and do not recommend it to others. You are definetly better of spending a bit extra money to get a bet more trustworthy brand that will leave your clothes a lot cleaner.
can be very cheap compared to other laudry powders
this product is only avaliable at aldi, does not wash clothes very well, clothes are not left clean or fresh

porkeys

porkeysVictoria

Okay for non stained items.

This is definitely one of the cheapest laundry powder products you are going to find. And while it does a reasonable job, I would not be wanting to use this product on any washing items that might be quite stained or needing a good cleaning. It is very very cheap and a good option if you are on a budget and do a lot of pre stain treatment on washing items. The product does last a while but I find that I have to use a bit more to get any decent cleaning out of it. Always available in the Aldi stores.
Very cheap.
Not the greatest clean.

PERFECTIONIST

PERFECTIONISTSydney, NSW

Different

Has this washing powder changed label-as i always bought from aldi and my clothes are not looking clean-do i need to use double the strength-something is different-will have to go back to omo and this new label of aldi is cheaper!!!
Price is right -but my clothes are not bright any more
My clothes look dull

walaswalas

walaswalas

OK

This a good value for money
But does not clean cloths properly in front load washing machines.
Even for the top loading machine you have to use hot water to get a good result. When compared to power consumption (due to hot water requirment) I think consumers can hunt for better washingpowder deals in other supermarkets. I found this is not a good washing powder for me. But since i purchased it i use it to wash rugs, kitchen towels and to wash my mop heads.
Good value for money
Contain a good scoop
Clot when you keep under high moisture ( eg under the sink)
Not good for front load machines