Lavazza Caffé Espresso

Lavazza Caffé Espresso

See the Best Coffee in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It is not the same coffee anymore

We used to drink Lavazza but since they changed the packaging, they have changed the coffee beans as well and it is not as they claim "Same coffee different package", far from there. Unfortunately has become a terrible coffee now.

Ground coffee - new packaging, wrong Intensity

At the moment, we're liking Lavazza ground Caffé Espresso mixed 50:50 with Crema E Gusto; 35g in a 1L plunge pot.
However, they've changed the packaging recently and the Intensity scale, which was 1-5, is now 1-10. Crema E Gusto was 4 and has been changed to 8 as expected. However, Caffé Espresso was 5 and is now still 5 (ie 1/2 strength). Has anyone else noticed this???

September 25th 017 Update: Ground coffee - new packaging, wrong Intensity - an update

Hi. I have tried to contact Lavazza on their website Contacts form (no reply), their 1300 number on their product (not connected) and their Yellow Pages 03 number (not connected). I'm happy with their coffee, but they don't seem 'here' anymore.

Horrible horrible horrible

A level 5... the beans are so light in colour, i wouldnt rate it over a 2... a single shot comes out a light watery mess that tastes disgusting... i bought on special at coles for $22 what a waste of money!!

Everytime I buy this (usually half price on special), I think why did I waste my money!!!

I recently bought SEVERAL 1kg bags of this CAFFE ESPRESSO (half price at Woolies) as I have been trying to reduce my coffee bean costs (I use around a kilo a fortnight) & wow what a disappointment!!! The label boasts "INTENSE & VELVETY" & it's anything but!!! I am at a loss how they grade it a "5" dark roast because upon opening the package it looks around a "3" at best! I cannot believe this vile stuff came out of my beautiful EXPOBAR machine!!! Now I have to run cleaner through it & try to find the receipt & take it back for a refund because it is absolutely disgusting, I would NOT recommend this to anyone & would prefer to drink HARRIS ESPRESSO over this anyday!!!

Pretty sure its bitumen...

Bought the beans with the same name. Way too bitter. The beans smell burnt right out of the pack (not the medium roast it claims to be). Lavazza used to be good, now its almost as bad as instant coffee.

Excellent creamy taste

Wow! I am not a big coffee drinker and I found this at Coles and my husband and I decided to try this out as the previous coffee beans we bought of another brand was just not great. This is amazing! We are so pleased and will continue to buy this. Definitely not too expensive either and the bags are really big! I hope this will continue to be made as it is truly delicious!
Taste and smell is great!