Lenovo Ideapad 100S

Anton

AntonSydney, NSW

Lenovo ideapad

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE
I bought my year 7 son this laptop for school and had problems with it within 6 months. The charger, track pad, headphone jack and speakers weren’t working properly. I tried to send it back to lenovo to fix and was told that none of these issues were fixable under warranty and it would cost over $650 to fix - more than I spent on it. Terrible service and terrible product. Don’t waste your money!

Purchased in December 2019 for A$460.00.

Steven

StevenPerth, WA

Don't buy this, total lemon

Avoid this at all costs, the memory is too all for updates of Windows 10 even with everything deleted other than the operating system. Constant battle with lack of memory

goldcoast lady

goldcoast ladyGold Coast

should have being given lemon on the year award

I brought this around 15 months ago. The only thing that is good (that It is lightweight). The worse is, the mouse pad is terrible and is very slow. My Acer beats its in every field

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Big Buys.

loulou

loulouGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Makes a good doorstop

Purchased in September 2017 at Officeworks for A$1,000.00.

Kaye

KayePerth, WA

Serious charging problem

We bought 2 lenovo ideapad 100s-141br at the same time. My daughter had one and within a few weeks it stopped charging. Lenova said to return it and it came back working once again.

Two and a half years on, the other ideapad has stopped charging and my daughters ideapad is also temperamental when it comes to charging up.

I would not recommend this product.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$285.00.

JohnM

JohnMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great travelling laptop.

Purchased in May 2017.

Wouldn't recommend one

I bought one of these laptops for my daughter for school due to cost and weight and reported battery life. By about 18 months time the battery wouldn't last for a school day (over a 6 hour period, on and off) so it wasn't fit for purpose as she officially wasn't meant to charge it through the day (though a kindly teacher came to her rescue). Not long after that the charger wasn't making contact without pressure, so she had to use a rubber band to hold it tight enough to charge. This became worse with time. Also the letter A didn't type sporadically for very early on. After two years we have replaced it.

Mandi

MandiKendal

Horrific! Battery issues right off the bat.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Waste of Money

Not worth the price of admission. This slow, unreliable, under powered, computer has been a complete waste of my money. The computer suffered from terrible battery life (about 1 hr at full screen brightness), multiple unexplained crashes, cheap and flimsy construction (which deteriorated and fell apart a few months after purchase), inability to boot from a usb or access the boot menu, terrible CPU that makes even simple tasks such as web browsing and playing games a pain the head, will at random refuse to connect to any WiFi router or hotpot for days at a time rendering the computer little more than a paperweight. Do not purchase this computer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Luke Evans

Luke EvansGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rubbish

Absolutely rubbish machine. CPU performance is so bad that even basic web page browsing is a challenge. The included eMMC drive of 32GB means that you'll have to delete material in order to update Windows, and then load it back on later. It's not really in any way a practical computer.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Disposable laptop

I’ve had this laptop not even 2 years - which for how cheap it was isn’t bad. However it’s small on space, so slow all I can use it for is Facebook. I can’t open more than 4 browsers at a time or it shuts itself down. Most annoying is the front edge is incredibly sharp across your wrists when at lap height and was terribly uncomfortable. I wouldn’t recommend this laptop, I wish I spent the $50 more and got the HP that was available at the time.

sunny

sunnySidaknee

Mediocre performance and no data storage space

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Tim Hawker

Tim HawkerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Didn’t know I was buying a throw away computer

What a piece of rubbish, worst quality and most unreliable computer I have ever purchased. Firstly the battery failed to charge (a common complaint according to a quick google search) and I lost use of my computer during a very critical time I needed it to complete my major university assignments and study for exams. Not many months later, exactly the same problem but now it’s out of warranty! I didn’t realise I was buying a short use, throw away computer! DON’T BUY LENOVA PRODUCT

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mdonge

Mdonge

Nothing Good About This Laptop

Date PurchasedJan 2018
alex Z

alex Z

So far so good!

This nifty laptop for it's price does what it needs to do. Homework for the kids, very limited games(which is good), play music and videos and that's about it. Has ssd so the startup time is very fast. Like I said, so far so good! Definitely recommend it if you are looking for a basic home laptop that looks good and performs as well!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Cattledog

CattledogSydney

Lenovo Ideapad 100 15.6" Laptop - Cheap Flimsy Construction

My Lenovo Ideapad 100 15.6" Laptop was purchased 2 years ago, but is only used infrequently when I go on vacation, Despite no ill treatment, the RHS hinge supporting the screen has broken due to the flimsy construction of this product. The Lenovo warranty was for 12 months so I have had to pay $185 for the repair out of my own pocket.
My advice is don't even think about buying a Lenovo laptop.

Jess

JessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do yourself a favour, and DON'T buy this

IMO, the number 1 issue with these models is the charger port. The port is soldered internally and VERY fragile. Not IF, but WHEN the port breaks internally, forget about repairing. Port weakens over time when plugging, unplugging charger. These laptops are commonly purchased for childen, who are NOT gentle.. I've seen it far too many times with this model.

Date PurchasedJan 2016