LG OLED C7T Series

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best T.V.ever !

I purchased a 70 inch LG television and am delighted with it.
It is the best T V. l've ever had..
Being a smart T.V.with Utube makes it unbeatable ..the HD picture is sharp and true colour ..as is the sound .
Being a 70 inch television makes everything so life like ..
Love it !

Purchased in September 2018 for $2,500.00.

Sound Quality

Perfect and awesome to experience

Love this tv, you won’t enjoy watching other tvs. The images are sharp and colours super clear. We use it for Netflix and as a smart tv. Bought the tv based on reviews and have t been disappointed!

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Looking at buying OLED? Read This

This is my experience with LGs C7 OLED TV.

I bought this TV holiday time 2017 and paid $3999 from Harvey Norman, sold to me as the best TV a consumer can buy.

I don't think I have high expectations but this TV is not the best TV you can buy.
The picture quality is fantastic, in a dark room. Leave it at that. It has trouble differentiating dark from black but in a dark room it looks fantastic. But that's not really a concern.
The main issues are the technical failures:
To sum it up:
Audio out over HDMI (ARC) failure... After arguing with LG the motherboard was replaced. And since replaced, so far so good. Will update if it happens again as that means it is possibly a firmware issue or an amplifier issue but so far it's indicating an issue with the TV.

MOST IMPORTANTLY if you are looking at an OLED be aware that my TV and many others have issue with screen retention. After a few months I noticed the TV would hold onto an image of displayed for more than 30 seconds known as 'burn in' and eventually dissipate over a quick amount of time. This looks horrible and for worse over time. Definitely is enough to say stay away from paying as much money as I did for this TV.
LG will say only with extreme use will this happen but by the end of the year I could replicate it within 30 seconds.
However LG eventually had the panel replaced for me. Buuuut I wouldn't be writing this review if that fixed it. The retention was apparent again after a couple of days use and I am very dubious about the future of it. Especially that it is now out of its warranty period.

In short I would give OLEDs a few more years before considering paying so much for one.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

This was at a good price and excellent product

It was complementary to my other products plus I find that when I go in they are very helpful. And the ladies are very nice people to do business with .thankyou and more people took more care of the customers and if one line business was just as wish you would feel safe

Purchased in February 2017 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $2,100.00.

Love this TV!

Have used this TV for about a 2 months and have had no issues and find it really easy to use things like Netflix and Stan as it’s already on the tv without the need to go through a PlayStation etc. The picture is great and even better when watching HD channels. The remote can be a tad tedious as it’s the magic wand but once you get the hang of it it’s fine.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

BEWARE SCREEN BURN

Would never have bought this TV if I'd have known of this problem. Sure the picture is outstanding but when you can see logos burnt into your screen it defeats the pro's. Absolutely shattered, $4000 down the gurgler. And now the picture is flickering on and off when you start it in the morning. Hopefully LG will swap it with an LCD model.

It’s a decent tv

The tv itself looks amazing from the outside aesthetically, however, from an internal point of view, I didn’t realise til I bought it that the tv was a side lit tv, not a backlit tv. It’s not until you start purchasing really expensive tvs that you get a nicer picture. Unfortunately, wish I got a Sony.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hi Res Clear screen

This a great tv. The screen is so clear made up of over 1 billion individuals. It’s quick to change from one channel to the next. It’s very slim and comes with a stand for tv unit or wall mounting. The system is easy to use so we can connect to Netflix or YouTube with the touch of a button on the remote.

Great image and quality

This was our first smart TV and I am slowly learning how to use it. My sons learnt how to operate it really quickly. I find that I can change from live TV to Netflix to HDMI easily. I just do not seem to use the TV anymore. My sons are able to use youtube but the streaming is limited. For higher resolution videos, we plug the laptop next to the screen and it works really well.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Disappointed by the limitations of webOS

The only positive thing I can say about this TV is that the picture quality is good, otherwise, it is very disappointing.
The TV’s operating system is LG’s proprietary ‘webOS’ which is cumbersome, clunky, difficult to use, and has flawed features.
Don’t bother connecting to a home media server. I have tried streaming from Kodi, Plex and Windows 10 media streaming. For Windows 10 and Kodi the TV sees the server but won’t recognise widely accepted media formats like jpg and mp4. Plex thankfully recognises photo and videos formats, however, Plex is effectively useless as the TV’s screen saver kicks in after a few minutes during a slide show or home video. There appears to be no way to disable the screen saver during Plex slide shows or video playing. There is also no ability to perform recursive slide shows.
The TV’s web browser doesn’t support Flash so I am unable to watch recorded TV programmes from the web server on the TV card on my media server.
Recording programs on the TV requires an external hard drive which is not included. The recording function is cumbersome and usually truncates the beginning or end of the program, making this feature also useless. The TV only has one tuner, so you cannot watch one programme while recording another. The user interface is very limited and does not provide any features to organise recorded programmes.
In summary, if all you want to do is watch Netflix or free to air TV then this TV is probably OK. Don’t buy this TV if you want to do anything else, like record programs or connect to a media server. Very disappointing, and I should have done more of my own due diligence before purchasing it. Avoid any device running webOS.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great picture and handy operating system

OLED technology produces a wonderful picture. It shows up 4K movies/shows on Netflix really well.
Integration is done very well. Simple connectivity to Apple TV, home theatre system, USB, wifi, and iDevices.
iPhone app is useful for those lazy times when the remote requires climbing out of reclining couch heaven or if you're in the other room and need turn the kids shows down a bit.
Operating system is useful for not just free-to-air but also for accessing Netflix, Stan, Youtube and the other on-demand streaming sites.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The best of the best

If you're looking for a quality TV with AMAZING picture then this is the one. From the built in Netflix app, to the speed of the functions I cannot fault it. When I have friends over they always comment on how good everything looks on the screen. A show stopper.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Simply the best

OLED is amazing the quality, colour and sharpness is unlike anything else. Can have a sound bar but seriously it’s not required. Anyone who purchase this tv will not be disappointed. Super thin for stand or wall. Love it the best thing I have purchased. Don’t think twice if you are thinking of getting one!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

OLED is AMAZING!

The panel on this OLED TV is amazing. Pure blacks, deep colours, excellent contrasts. It's best feature is the picture quality. It has plenty of apps to install. I run Netflix through it, and it also even has a Dolby Vision/Atmos demo app with a dozen or so clips with beautiful imagery and sound. Perfect for showing off your system. Plenty of professional tweaking options for pro users, or even basic ones for the every day watcher. It comes with enough HDMI inputs for basic equipment. It is best to use a AV receiver though to get the most out of it. It even has the HDMI ARC feature which runs audio back down into an receiver without the need for an optical cord. Supports 4K viewing @60Hz and HDR10. An amazing TV overall, and totally kills LED, QLED and LCD monitors..

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fantastic picture! As good as expected.

Bought it 6 months ago but didn't get around to using it until 3 months ago. We use it mainly for Switch games, but the odd TV show or movie. In a bright room, not a dedicated darkened TV room, so this might affect how others review the screen quality. Picture is sharp, bright. Sound is decent. We don't use the Smart features much, but prefer this to the Android-based systems we've used at others' houses. Remote control easy to use; smart phone app is even easier.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Amazing picture, and great features once you work them out.

Had this TV for 8 months now so can give it a fairly decent and honest review. Initially tricky to set up through an AV receiver running components like Xbox and the new Telstra TV, especially if the AVR isn't HDR/dolby vision compatible - took ages to work that one out as you have to configure each individual HDMI port on the tele, or connect the components directly into the TV bypassing video through the AVR. Took a lot of reading the instructions to figure out the best tweaks for picture quality etc but found setting it to HDR turned out the best. Vision is amazing and someone even said recently it looked like a 3-D image the picture was so sharp on one of the 'Transformers' movies. The 'talking into the' remote often gives weird results and can't be relied on, but is fun to bung on a few different accents and see what it comes up with! The onboard speakers are quite good and being atmos, really do send the audio around the room - we mainly do sound through the AVR which connects to a decent surround sound system.

Now the negatives - the shop said I couldn't put the TV on my roof racks when I bought it so I had to organise a courier, meaning extra cost. The box is big, and can't be laid flat. The tv screen is very thin and seems to flex a bit and you can't touch it anywhere with pressure so you will need help to mount it, especially on a swinging wall bracket. So, fragility is my only negative with the product. Treat it with respect and gentle hands (put mittens on!) and you won't damage her.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Awesome

Picture quality on this tv has never been seen before! It is absolutely astounding. Crystal clear and makes you think you are in the tv! I could not have asked for a better tv. Sound quality is great although id prefer a bit more bass. LG has outdone itself again.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Sometimes Good and Sometimes Great

Before I brought this TV I did a lot of looking; 2 years; before buying this TV. I was replacing it with a Sony CRT 36'' 90kg monster that has the best picture ever and cost me $5500 nearly 20yrs ago. It was an HD 1080i set and still looks amazing. I always searched for a TV that would have the same or better image when watching the News, Sports, or Normal TV. None exist. Bit the bullet and brought this as no other TV made today has a better picture to me then OLED. This TV is Good for normal TV, But Great for BLU RAY, NETFLIX and 4K, this is a High End TV , just try to get the lowest price. Also brought a Hisense 75 N7 as a budget buy for second/kids lounge as a compare. My first LCD/LED TV. Great TV for the price/size. BUT...OLED WINS for me and my family. Just buy it and enjoy as you will have it for the next 5 years plus. Only gave it 4 stars as the remote is too small and does not have an info button and button lay out is ideal for a small child...my 4 yrs old loves this remote. I brought an LG full size TV remote. TV guide, remote and on screen lay out are worst then HISENSE. LG need to read this and look at Hisense TVs to get an extra star from me.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

What's QLED? XD Serious...I have STAUNCHLY bought Samsung; but they screwed up. Hi LG!

I'm not going to write down piles of words - the two reasons being no one cares and I can't be bothered - but the LG OLED C7 65" TV is a ripper.

My next door neighbour has the 65" Samsung QLED - and I will grant that it did look impressive! - it just didn't look like an LG OLED. I can write down all the specifications of why that is the case - but no one likes a smart-bottom. The QLED is mutton dressed up like lamb. The OLED LG is the real deal.

BURN IN...? I use this as my main monitor - so it serves as my TV/movie screen as well as my computer monitor - and you are talking 'whack'. I've left it on for hours with the same image on the screen and never had the issues that the old Plasma's used to give you at times (and seriously....were they all that bad anyway?).

Again! Stupid people giving reviews based on 'I spent money so I want it to be perfect'. It just isn't going to happen. Do you even know whaat the difference is between an OLED and a QLED...? Feedback is welcome...I am open to learning new ideas and concepts that i don't know already...so that I can make informed decisions in the future...

*boomboom...tssccch*

Peace
The Captain

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Fantastic TV

This TV is fantastic. I've never seen a better picture. OLED technology is definitely ahead of others. The picture on this OLED TV is amazing...the darks and blacks, the best we've ever seen even with ambient light in the room. Our TV Shows/Movies look awesome. Viewing is good wherever you sit.
We use it with Apple TV and it's great--but then we have a lot of stuff on our computers that we want to access and view. The LG ecosystem it is smart on its own and wouldn't really need a separate system.

Date PurchasedApr 2018