10LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series Questions & Answers

Verified馃弳 2024 Award
Sam
Sam聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

Hi, I'm not sure if I have an issue or if it was a once off and now I'm scared of losing all the food in my freezer but last week it was like it over froze everything. I turned it off, gave the back a good clean and it's been OK since however I'm noticing when I close the door the temperature stays on display a lot longer than it used to and i have been noticing a lot more noises from it lately but i could just be paying more attention. So that combined with the over freezing, could there be something potentially wrong? Is there something specific I should look at please

Ross P
Ross P聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

Purchased Frifge in Nov 2021.
Carrots in vegetable crisper turning black consistenty
This occurs within 4 days

Steven
Steven聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Why does the top half of my freezer regularly thaw then refreeze fo9d

Debbie
Debbie聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680PL (Stainless Steel)

Does this fridge come in black

Baz
Baz聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47聽聽

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz聽聽

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47聽聽

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Tony47聽聽

Baz any update re your freezer Temperature

Baz聽聽

Would you believe, the unit has worked perfectly after the first couple of erratic temp. weeks. The actual fridge/freezer temps are very close to the set temps of 3 and -16.

Tony47聽聽

Strange mine still not right and Lg agrees an issue.

Megan
Megan聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

PHIL
PHIL聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Is the freezer on this unit frost free?

Albatross
Albatross聽聽

Hi,

I've not had any frost in my freezer which is set at -17掳C.

Sal
Sal聽聽

Yes, it is frost free!!

Mine is all frosted

Judy
Judy聽路聽687L Side by Side Door GS-B680PL (Stainless Steel)

I recently bought the 680 and I am very happy with it. The setting for the freezer is -18 however my meat is getting freezer burnt by the time it is frozen. Any advice on how to stop this?

ColT
ColT聽聽

Hi Judy,

Not having that problem with my freezer and I have it set on -17C. I always make point of individualy wrapping each piece of meat tightly getting out as much air as possible, and then double wrapping before putting it into the freezer. You could even try removing excess moisture from the meat with a paper towel before plastic wrapping with freezer bags.

Hope this helps,

Colleen

Judy
Judy聽聽

Thanks Colleen for your advice, I appreciate it. I'll try that your suggestions.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Select a listing for your question
LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2019. Learn more

LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series
Westinghouse 620L Side by Side WSE6200 Series
LG 665L Side by Side Door GS-D665 Series
Haier 555L Side by Side HSBS555 Series
LG 635L Side by Side GS-D635PLC (Stainless Finish)

漏聽 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Further details in the disclaimer.