LG OLED B8 Series

• Sound Quality
  • Software
  • Picture Quality

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Weak image processing unit, great screen

This is LG's low end OLED TV produced by using a weak image processor. Its weakness becomes apparent when a movie has a lot of shadowy dark screens, patches of the area goes fuzzy, and in 4k videos the movement of the sea waves is not perfectly continuous. Otherwise, the TV has a beautiful picture

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Billy Warren

Billy Warren

Excellent TV!

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,500.00.

Kennoath

KennoathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just looks amazing

This TV is a massive upgrade from an older HD LCD. The OLED screen looks incredible, with completely black blacks and rich, crisp images. It even looks like an upgrade when viewing non-hidef video - I don't know how, but it does. It is much thinner and lighter than my old 40" tv as well.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG OLED B8 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

DragonDen

DragonDenNew South Wales

LG OLED 65B8S - Seriously - WOW !!

With good EOFY deals I jumped onto this new OLED technology and picture quality is seriously WOW!!. Sound quality is also very good if your setup is standalone but I have used the optical output to a midi sound system for the added subwoofer bass. The initial install and remote control features are the easiest of any TV I have owned. There are a range of advanced picture options available in the menu to suit your viewing style. The responsiveness in changing channels or input sources is best in class. 4K content on this TV shows every minute detail with superb vibrant colour. Overall totally satisfied with this purchase and well worth the $2750 price for the 65” size. Highly recommended.

Purchased in July 2019 at Domayne NSW for A$2,750.00.

Luthor

LuthorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing TV but LG wall mount not available in Australia ...

The is by far the best TV I have had. The WebOS is soooo much better and less intrusive than other leading models. The picture quality is sensational and the unit is easy to configure and operate. My only frustration is that the LG wall mount unit is not sold in Australia. The LG unit allows a very flush mount. This was not mentioned at the time of purchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$3,000.00.

ScottRock

ScottRockSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love My New TV

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for A$2,900.00.

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

Lifes Good

Update: nearly 2 years later and still loving my tv. I eventually figured out how to organise and delete apps on my home screen too! Original: Can't stress enough how good this tv is. The picture quality is incredible, the remote is fantastic, the apps are easy to use. It doesn't get overly hot. It was also fairly easy to set up - though you will need two people. I've been using this tv for 6 months now and it makes life so much easier with netflix, youtube, stan etc. I have also watched a few of my blu-rays and they look crystal clear. The build quality is great too. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$2,995.00.

Yves

YvesHunter Region, NSW

Hard Wired Smart Tv Freezes While Watching Sbs On-demand Film/program Series.

1 – Download of SBS on Demand suites of TV series & Movies is slow.
2 – Streaming freezes every minute for 1-2 seconds before it resumes.
3 – Movies or Series quite often rewinds back at least 30% immediately after an Add then play on from that point forward or stops altogether.
4 -I can stream faster on my Samsung tablet or even my Samsung J1 phone without any of the above. It seems to me this is DEFINITELY a TV Issue!

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,295.00.

Jay

JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted only 6 weeks

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG OLED B8 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Chris Weston

Chris WestonSydney, NSW

Best TV I have ever had

Installation was simplistic. The ability to jump straight into netflix from one button on the remote is great. Image quality is superb. Reach of remote is fantastic. Ease of use of software. Software is very intuitive. What I like the best about this tv is the image clarify and quality. It's 4K brings the screen to life. I highly recommend this tv.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$2,995.00.

Luna

LunaPerth, WA

OK,,,,, but not too impressed

My husband wanted this TV so we bought it early Jan. It's not bad but we don't quite understand the harshness of Red colour. We have adjusted few times but somehow only Red and White appear to be so harsh that we feel like we need to wear sunnies. Other functions such as connecting to Wifi, watching YouTube on TV etc are great as a smart TV. If you are happy with the plasma perhaps wait for a while before you spend $4000 to buy a smart TV... that's my view.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$3,900.00.

SteveEH

SteveEHAU

bloody brilliant

cant complain about this TV, it is crystal clear and the colour is bloody amazing, very easy to use and i love the magic remote. sound is very good but we ended up buying a sound bar which makes it truly fantastic, very low power consumption. love my tv, the best

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Nico M

Nico MSouthwest, VIC

Great looking TV

Had this TV for about a month. Great picture and viewing angles. You really can't beat a decent brand of OLED for picture quality. The smart features are really snappy. On DTV, the channel change speed is almost instantaneous, so quick! Never skips a beat on WiFi. Received an update soon after so hopefully support remains good in that respect. An added bonus is that it integrates in cute ways with my LG mobile.

Date PurchasedDec 2018