LG SH Series

SH4, SH5, SH7, etc...
3.9 from 17 reviews · View Details

3.9

An egregious flaw

It's simple. I have an LG Oled TV and I got the SJ4 as I thought it would be easier to set up. It is.
    But here's the annoying thing. The soundbar switches off after 15 minutes if there is no signal (like TV paused). Then you have to go through 4 menus to activate it. LG claim this is a feature. Not really. Very annoying and you can't change this.
    I find the sub woofer OK but you really need a few surround speakers. No thanks.
    All in all a bit ordinary, certainly not 100% improvement on TV speakers.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee for A$430.00.

Steven. R

Steven. R

A great unit to amp your tv sound or getting some cinema sound at home!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
    Chris F

Chris F

Good for price but don’t expect chest thumbing sound

This sound bar is nice when matched up to your LG tv. It’s price is good, it’s design is slick and compact and it’s easy (basic) to use.

But be warned, it’s not that ground shaking quality if that’s what your after. The soundbar itself is small as in the speakers and sub are on the lower end of bass depth and speaker quality. The controls are basic and the options are limited in controlling the equaliser and bass.

For plug and play all arounder it’s up there but if your after chest thumping sound when playing your favourite game or movie you might want to spend a bit more money for a higher end soundbar.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Alex

AlexBrisbane

This thing is loud

Over the last three years, i've become used to a tv speaker that could barely output any sound without distorting, my girlfriend purchased this as a (expensive) gift for myself at christmas. I don't think i could have received a better present. Sound is crystal clear and the bluetooth works perfectly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

What a joke lg sh5. It can't even Bluetooth to my iPhone 6.

What a joke lg sh5
    It can't even Bluetooth to my iPhone 6.. How can a $500+ device not b able to since with iPhone. What else does it fail?
    It is slow to find device. But never actually connects
    I have 4 other "non apple ios" devices that easily connect.
    LG lift your game

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    La Rok

La RokMelbourne

Very happy, I'm so impressed with the sound

Date PurchasedSep 2017

GillyBrisbane

Must have!

320W 2.1 inch sound bar wireless 4 speaker system, sound fantastic, easy plug in & play. smile on my dial as soon as i turned up the volume. Has all types of sound effects to suit all types of people. I have mine set up with a 60 inch LG/UHD TV, ( Always believed in compatibility.) Has great bass ( sub woofer) & has its own remote. Once combined with the LG/TV, you can use the magic remote control that comes with the TV to do everything. I paid $650 brand new 2016, but they are a lot cheaper now . The sound bar does not impede viewing the TV & looks good. Enjoy!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
    • SH5

Faulty subwoofer terrible customer service

joyccc

joycccForster, New South Wales

Awesome

Hi this LG sound bar was a Xmas present for my husband and I .the sound and quality are surperb you have the same experience as if you were sitting in a picture theatre gives you goosebumps husband loves it that much the house vibrates he has it that loud it's an awesome addition to our media set up would highly recommend it hubby wants a bigger tv now to match the big sound

Kate M

Kate M

Sooooo easy to use, amazing!

Super easy to set up. Turns on and off automatically when we turn our LG tv on and off. Sound quality is great, volume goes up nice and loud. Sleek and blends in with the tv. The whoofer isn't too large. Easily plays music from our phones. A great purchase!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

shirlBli Bli

the best sound ever

LG sound bar has made a big difference to watching tv. The sound that come out is like being at the movies. we are both getting older and hard at hearing and it makes our life more pleasure. I did not think the sound would be great not good great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    rit

ritSydney, NSW

Thunderous sound

At 320 watts, this speaker and sub-woofer makes the whole house shake. It has an optical connection to the tv, plus a usb ports for listening to mp3's, bluetooth, and a connection to a dab radio if you wanted, to make it an integrated system. For watching movies, there is probably too much bass and I have trouble hearing what the actors say unless I have it really loud. And when listening to music on a usb, it shortens the name of the album it is playing to 5 letters and you don't know what you're going to be listening to.

alstonville2477

alstonville2477

Very happy but instructions could be better

merccrap

merccrapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

• SH4

Very happy.

This is a compact unit that, in my opinion, is a major upgrade to my TV speakers. It was simple to setup and works just as described. Audio quality is highly subjective, everyone is different, but for me this unit has improved my TV enjoyment a lot. I am happy to endorse this product.

Autarky

AutarkyKensington Gardens

OK but could be better

I had an earlier LG soundbar that connected to the LG TV via optical link and it had an issue with going to sleep at random times. So i thought i would buy a new unit as i was hoping this might be corrected. With this model it uses the HDMI ARC cable (which i also bought with the soundbar. It doesnt go to sleep but the sound level fluctuates somewhat and i havent found a way around it yet. The unit is good makes lots of noise but this irritates a lot

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Fatisme

FatismeAU

Its like being there

What a amazing sound this bar produces, I have found myself ducking jumping and even turning the TV down, this sound bar picks up every noise and makes it sound like its all happening in your lounge room, it is sleek looking and I was very surprised at just how much output it has

ray__

ray__Qld, 4054

• SH4

Disappointing - no better than the TV I bought it for

It was easy to set up the SH4 soundbar which is a very good thing as I am very disappointed with the performance and it would have added insult to injury if I had been forced to put much effort into installation.
    I do have a small bedroom TV set that has 'just OK' sound and this soundbar might improve that situation BUT I will be adding a $300.00(ish) soundbar to an old $150.00(ish) TV and still stuck with what I consider to be slightly ordinary sound from my main TV set.