MPN: YSP2700S

• Bass
  • Music
Jpas

JpasSydney, NSW

Great sound for music and movies !

Love the sound quality while listening to music on Spotify and watching movies from
Netflix. Bluetooth is easy to connect. Setup is easy and user friendly. Plenty of different sound modes to choose from to suit your preference. I would definitely recommend. We were going to go for the bose 700, but changed our mind and went for the Yamaha as it was value for money for a 7.1 channel and does the job for both music and movies without having to purchase extra speakers.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for A$995.00.

andrea90s

Bought it based on all the positive reviews but I wish I never did...

This was one of the biggest disappointment I ever had, the reviews made me so excited when I bought it, the soundbar itself is nicely built, it feels very quality like, but that is useless if it sounds muffled with pretty much all the different settings, plus the subwoofer is underpowered in my opinion, I bought this to replace my faulty samsung sound system but the subwoofer not beeing vented and beeing underpowered too doesn't help at all... I should have just bought a Sonos like many people told me to do. What a waste of money!

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for A$849.00.

Zach

ZachGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great sound bar! Yamaha YSP-2700

I searched around for quite a while for a decent sound bar within my range which originally was around $500 but when I went to purchase one the salesman showed me what he would buy if it was him and as soon as he showed me the Yamaha I was sold even though it was almost double what I originally planned on spending. So far it has been worth every cent. I listen to alot of music and the sound is so clear and crisp. Connects to my Samsung TV with no issues. The only thing I don't like about it is the old school looking remote that comes with it. But once connected to the TV the sound bar runs off my TV remote. I would highly recommend this sound bar!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$945.00.

SheepieSydney

Angry at myself for not getting one earlier.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$945.00.

Paul NSydney, NSW

Date PurchasedOct 2018

EX CLIENTSyd

100% recomended

Do your self a favour and get the most out of the system , READ the easy to understand instructions for set up and use to get THE BEST sound out of this system . in a word
FANTASTIC
Thank you Yamaha for a neat stylish sound bar that actually has better sound and is a more user friendly system than the old style audio file amp and speaker systems .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

RagsboyHamilton NZ

Lots of Hype not a lot of performance

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Paul

PaulBrisbane

Well designed and great sound

Replaced our wired 5.1 surround sound system with this little beauty. Eliminated a bunch of wires running around the lounge room and it's footprint is very small for the the sound quality that it delivers.
Very easy to set up and calibrate and using HDMI ARC we run all our connected devices though the YSP-2700 which automatically turns on and off as devices are connected.
For the price, the sound quality is amazing and we'd highly recommend this product!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
DBO

DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD

How did that sound come from there?

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Missy

MissySydney, NSW

Worth the extra $$$!

I researched soundbars for a long time and eventually settled on purchasing something from Yamaha as they specialize in music and sound, unlike many other soundbar manufacturers. I had originally bought an LG SJ4 soundbar, which was an improvement over the onboard speakers on my LG OLED B7, but not much more than that.

The Yamaha YSP 2700 is amazing right out of the box. I haven't even set it up with Intellibeam yet, but sound is so much more clear and naturalistic compared to my previous LG SJ4. Music is incredible. Bass is nice and rumbly. If you have an OLED or high end TV, it deserves this soundbar.

If you can't deal with the bulk and expense of a full surround sound speaker system, this is a great alternative.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Antananarivo

AntananarivoAU

Best Sound Bar in the market...

Great sound. I researched for a couple of months different sound bars and this is the one that ticked all the requirements. Yes, it was a little bit over the budget but it worth every dollar. It has been with us 3 months already and delivering just perfect sound at any volume. Bought it in special for $935 from Good Guys.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rob SMelbourne

Sensational - when you turn all its tricks on

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Ricky P

Ricky P

Great upgrade unit!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Ashley Hawthorne

Ashley HawthorneMid North Coast

Sounds like i'm at the cinema...Love it

To be honest i didn't want to spend the extra money on a soundbar after already buying a new TV - but i am SO glad my husband convinced me. I can't watch TV or a Movie without it now. The sound is AMAZING!! Its like you're at the Cinema. The design is slimline and discreet which i love - minimalism! i also love that you can buy additional speakers for other areas of the home and play your own music playlists. Best speakers - i highly recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

Very good product I recommend it

Date PurchasedOct 2016

glicious

gliciousSydney, NSW

Best soundbar for a small room

Great quality product, beautiful finish, IntelliBeam (Yamaha's proprietary software) to measure distance, angle to calibrate optimum sound. The system itself comes in two pieces, a soundbar and a wireless subwoofer. I have connected it with my fairly large 65" LG UH950T using HDMI-ARC. They work exceptionally well for Dolby Digital True HD, DTS-HD and work seamlessly, streaming music via Google Play Music and DiFM using Bluetooth technology.

The clear and crisp surround sound literally turns my living room into a mini cinema, without the hassle of cables and multiple speakers. Highly recommended for small space without compromising digital sound formats.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

andrea90sasked

Could you tell me if this soundbar supports automatic on and off when the smart samsung tv turns on or off? Can I use the tv remote to operate simple commands like the volume, or am I stuck using 2 remotes? Thank you

Sheepie

Provided your TV properly supports HDMI-CEC, then yes, you can use the one remote to power on both the TV & Soundbar, as well as to control the volume. I am quite happily using my AppleTV remote and no other for all functions.

andrea90sasked

does this soundbar have Night Mode in order to have more balance between quiet scenes where people whisper and loud scenes like explosions?

Sheepie

No. The manual recommends using "Target playback mode" (p42 of manual) in such situations, which directs all sound at one particular location with as minimal audio going elsewhere as possible. There's also a "Clear Voice" feature which boosts anything that it detects as speaking so it's not too quiet.

Personally I have Clear Voice (p43 of manual) enabled at all times, and I playback from my AppleTV which itself has a "Reduce Loud Sounds" setting that I have enabled at all times.

I haven't yet tried it out with Clear Voice and without to compare just how much of an affect it has.

Paul N

Agreeing with Sheepie, use target, or as I tend to, use clear voice.

Sheepieasked

How reliable is the HDMI-CEC between this and an AppleTV? Has anyone had any problems using this exclusively with an AppleTV remote, nothing else, to control both power & volume?

Paul N

Hi Sheepie, we did have Apple TV connected directly to Yamaha HDMI, it was really only for Netflix as the old TV wasn't a smart one.
Never played up, so that's the only info I can supply.
Apple TV has since been taken away by the females of the house to be used upstairs so how it performs........
I've not heard and rumblings.

EX CLIENT

We use Telstra TV so unable to advise if via Apple tv . Can say no problems via Telstra TV box

Ragsboy

I purchased this model for use with a Panasonic Smart TV, the Yamaha would not automatically turn on when the Tv was. After two months of fruitless to and fro-ing from the supplier I returned the Yamaha and purchased a Polk, which has worked perfectly, Yamaha seemed less than interested in sorting out our problem.
Regards CB