Sonos Beam

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great sound, pleasantly impressed

We didn't want to buy a big system for our smaller living area so were keen to see what a sound bar could do. Sonos was by far the best sound bar we tested in store and went on to purchase. Easy set up and great sound. We will now consider a sound bar and sub from Sonos for our larger living room.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $436.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Music

A wonderful soundbar even if a little weak

I have found the sound from the Sonos Beam to be excellent. I pair it with 2 existing Sonos Play:3 speakers to provide the surround sound. The setup was super easy and it works flawlessly. I am looking forward to the Google Assistant integration in Australia (rather than Alexa). I find that having the volume around 50% is sufficient for most movies (and around 30% for music) - although there have been times when I have had to turn it all the way up for a truly big sound - and once or twice I have hit the max and would have liked a little more room to pump it up. That is rare, and the space is quite large (42sqm).

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $495.00.

Best Sound

I was looking for a soundbar and shopping for decent ones, however come across Sonos and I bet no one can go to other brands once you hear them. To add more now i have Beam for TV and Sonos Play 3 for room. give it a try and wont be disappointed. Sonos support is great too, always willing to help.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $490.00.

Good but sometimes glitches

The sound quality is pretty good with the build quality being excellent. Where the device can sometimes lack is the promised google support (not working) and the device occasionally disconnecting from the Alexa service and not properly reconnecting.

Purchased in November 2018.

A must have soundbar for your living room..

A great soundbar with Alexa built in.
Sound quality is excellent with clear stereo separation and deeper than expected bass.
Volume levels are awesome with exceptional voice clarity.

Perfect for small to medium living rooms with large LED TVs.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $495.00.

Fantastic sound bar with Voice Control

I received the Sonos Beam as a Christmas present.

The sound quality of the Sonos Beam is fantastic, very clear, decent bass but you really need the Sonos Sub to take full advantage of the sound quality and for the room shaking bass.

The voice control is good, I personally don't like Alexa, she is very dumb and doesn't even know what Amazon is so I only use the voice control to increase and decrease volume.

I do love that it has AirPlay 2 as now I can play music from my Mac or iPhone to all my Sonos speakers and my Apple HomePod at the same time.

Sonos is still the leader when it comes to wireless, multi-room speaker systems.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Why did I wait so long?

This is my first experience of Sonos and I am hooked! I had been thinking for a number of years about a multi-room speaker system for music, but could never justify the expense. Recently, I decided to take the plunge and made a start with a Sonos Beam to augment the pathetic sound of my tv built-in speakers. Out of the box I was impressed with the Beams sleek design and set about downloading the Sonos app. The app made connecting the speaker a simple task and then I was ready to listen to how it performed. Wow! Since then, the Beam has barely been switched off as, in addition to acting as a tv speaker (and it is AppleTV friendly), I have used it for live radio, music, podcasts, Audible books, and I still haven’t explored all of its features (including Alexa). A week after the Beam arrived I purchased 2 additional Sonos speakers...

Date PurchasedDec 2018