Sonos Beam

• Bass
  • Music

VanessaA

VanessaA

Great sound quality at a reasonable price

It is a reasonable size which fits great if your tv unit isn't long.
The sound is impressive given its size and price. You can play music from your Spotify directly without having to switch your bluetooth on.
The soundbar stays on stand-by hence is ready to play your music at any time. Volume can be controlled from your phone if playing from your phone.
It is very easy to setup to the tv. You can control the sound from the sound bar from your tv remote.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon.

Crossrip

CrossripSydney, NSW

Awesome soundbar, love it works with Apple AirPlay

My old soundbar stopped receiving sound from the TV, so odd. Anyways, I had heard great things about Sonos from friends and bought the Beam. Setup was easy enough but it is not 2-3minutes as claimed, the phone app driven process is 30 min. Besides this disappointment, the Beam is awesome.
I have installed Alexa and that is handy, eg Alexa volume up.
I love the Sonos Alarm which wakes me up every morning, I have selected a radio station.
I would highly recommend this to anyone.
I'm an Apple fan, so I use Airplay to transit all sound from my iPhone etc.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $528.00.

James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wish we bought it sooner

We recently replaced a 12 year old Yamaha home theatre system with the Sonos Beam and to say we are impressed is an understatement. I cant believe the sound that comes from such a little device and didnt need cables all over the living room.
A mate was raving about his Bose system but we felt the sound of the Sonos is much clearer, although the bass could be more. We absolutely love it but wish that it would auto shut off to save some electricity.

Purchased in March 2019.

chris2456

chris2456Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great decent soundbar

Great quality, easy to use and set up. Although it doesn't have amazing bass, it's great if you live in a modest size home as it's all you need. Good quality and easy to link with other Sonos products.

Purchased at Myer for $520.00.

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Great sound, pleasantly impressed

We didn't want to buy a big system for our smaller living area so were keen to see what a sound bar could do. Sonos was by far the best sound bar we tested in store and went on to purchase. Easy set up and great sound. We will now consider a sound bar and sub from Sonos for our larger living room.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $436.00.

Rich H

Rich HSydney, NSW

A wonderful soundbar even if a little weak

I have found the sound from the Sonos Beam to be excellent. I pair it with 2 existing Sonos Play:3 speakers to provide the surround sound. The setup was super easy and it works flawlessly. I am looking forward to the Google Assistant integration in Australia (rather than Alexa). I find that having the volume around 50% is sufficient for most movies (and around 30% for music) - although there have been times when I have had to turn it all the way up for a truly big sound - and once or twice I have hit the max and would have liked a little more room to pump it up. That is rare, and the space is quite large (42sqm).

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $495.00.

san2

san2Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Sound

I was looking for a soundbar and shopping for decent ones, however come across Sonos and I bet no one can go to other brands once you hear them. To add more now i have Beam for TV and Sonos Play 3 for room. give it a try and wont be disappointed. Sonos support is great too, always willing to help.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $490.00.

Brodie

BrodieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good but sometimes glitches

The sound quality is pretty good with the build quality being excellent. Where the device can sometimes lack is the promised google support (not working) and the device occasionally disconnecting from the Alexa service and not properly reconnecting.

Purchased in November 2018.

Raj

RajBelconnen 2617, ACT

A must have soundbar for your living room..

A great soundbar with Alexa built in.
Sound quality is excellent with clear stereo separation and deeper than expected bass.
Volume levels are awesome with exceptional voice clarity.

Perfect for small to medium living rooms with large LED TVs.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $495.00.

jamesmelb

jamesmelbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic sound bar with Voice Control

I received the Sonos Beam as a Christmas present.

The sound quality of the Sonos Beam is fantastic, very clear, decent bass but you really need the Sonos Sub to take full advantage of the sound quality and for the room shaking bass.

The voice control is good, I personally don't like Alexa, she is very dumb and doesn't even know what Amazon is so I only use the voice control to increase and decrease volume.

I do love that it has AirPlay 2 as now I can play music from my Mac or iPhone to all my Sonos speakers and my Apple HomePod at the same time.

Sonos is still the leader when it comes to wireless, multi-room speaker systems.

Date PurchasedDec 2018