Sonos Beam

Sonos Beam

A must have soundbar for your living room..

A great soundbar with Alexa built in.
Sound quality is excellent with clear stereo separation and deeper than expected bass.
Volume levels are awesome with exceptional voice clarity.

Perfect for small to medium living rooms with large LED TVs.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $495.00.

Fantastic sound bar with Voice Control

I received the Sonos Beam as a Christmas present.

The sound quality of the Sonos Beam is fantastic, very clear, decent bass but you really need the Sonos Sub to take full advantage of the sound quality and for the room shaking bass.

The voice control is good, I personally don't like Alexa, she is very dumb and doesn't even know what Amazon is so I only use the voice control to increase and decrease volume.

I do love that it has AirPlay 2 as now I can play music from my Mac or iPhone to all my Sonos speakers and my Apple HomePod at the same time.

Sonos is still the leader when it comes to wireless, multi-room speaker systems.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Why did I wait so long?

This is my first experience of Sonos and I am hooked! I had been thinking for a number of years about a multi-room speaker system for music, but could never justify the expense. Recently, I decided to take the plunge and made a start with a Sonos Beam to augment the pathetic sound of my tv built-in speakers. Out of the box I was impressed with the Beams sleek design and set about downloading the Sonos app. The app made connecting the speaker a simple task and then I was ready to listen to how it performed. Wow! Since then, the Beam has barely been switched off as, in addition to acting as a tv speaker (and it is AppleTV friendly), I have used it for live radio, music, podcasts, Audible books, and I still haven’t explored all of its features (including Alexa). A week after the Beam arrived I purchased 2 additional Sonos speakers...

Date PurchasedDec 2018