LG SJ Series

LG SJ Series

SJ2, SJ4, SJ8, SJ5 and SJ9

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very good but not the best

Very happy with the sounds it provides. And the connectivity options is very reliable. Bass is nice. It's not best by the way for the price you had spent on it.

Purchased in February 2019 at 2nds World for $215.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Music

Nice and cheap good audio

I got this soundbar cheap to boost lousy stock flat panel TV audio. Nice bass, pretty nice full range audio considering the cost. Very, very easy set up. It makes you able to "hear" all the talking in movies without the blaring audio.Vastly superior to Aldi sound bars I've used. I'm only running it with optical, although my TV does support ARC.

Edit: 5/2/2019
I spend the 30 seconds to swap optical for Hdmi-arc. The soundbar now controls from the TV remote as if it is the factory TV speakers. My only gripe is it indicates up and down volume with a plus or minus, there's no volume % number or slider graphic, so you don't know how loud it will be.

The sub woofer when turned up rattles the couch it sits behind, not bad for a tiny unit.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great sound

Great sound clarity big plus for me.
Recommend it for hearing impaired.
Easy to use connects to TV easily and able to use both on one remote..
Very streamlined along base of TV.

Good Sound

This soundbar was moderately priced and produces good quality sound. Sits in front of television and does not disrupt viewing, turned off subwoofer unless watching movies as it is a little too loud with normal television. Had an issue with peircing noise, this was able to be fixed by checking and adjusting tv sound settings. Other than that no issues and now wouldn't go back to watching television without a soundbar.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good sound, never going to be as good as 5.1 however does the job

I had a 5.1 receiver and speaker set with my older TV, bought an LG 65" C7 Oled and did not want to run wires and had no real place for rear speakers so this is perfect, cannot fault the sound for depth of our room, about 8x5m. For the price tag it really needs more HDMI inputs and maybe a clock option on the display. If you can run wires easily enough a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 system would be better and in the same price range. If you are not an full on audiophile enthusiast, get one you will not be disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

No need for the cinemas

The quality of this sound bar is amazing. It sometimes feels as if I’m in a cinema. Was honestly a great purchase and got an amazing deal from jb hi fi. I didn’t purchase this item based on a salesmen’s tactics i did a massive amount of research on this sound bar to make sure I was getting my monies worth. Currently using on my bedroom set up and it’s amazing.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazing Sound

I always knew a sound bar would change the whole outlook of watching TV at home. Did a bit of research before choosing an SJ 9 for my LG TV. I don't think I could be happier with any other product than an LG SJ 9. Amazing sound. Great quality product. Installation is really easy. A great addition to your TV.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Perfect companion to LG TV

Purchased with LG65C7T OLED TV. Plenty of input options and works seamlessly with the TV. Easy WIFI or bluetooth connection to phone, tablets and PC. Great to listen to music with.
Very slim unit, but still it delivers great sound. Subwoofer connects wirelessly and automatically.
Married with this TV it provides a great experience and I can fully recommend this. A little pricey (RRP), but I got it on sale for half price, so very happy indeed.
Only loses a small mark from me for the maximum volume level, would like a little louder. Still, 5 stars from me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sleek, stylish and full rich sound

We needed a soundbar to enhance our temporary TV's poor sound, and listened to several demonstrations in store, from the very basic to the super expensive. We teetered between a slightly more expensive Samsung and the LG SJ8, but came back to the LG as we genuinely preferred the sound quality. It suited our ears perfectly, with great quality, richness and clarity of sound at an intermediate price that suited our wallets too. It was very easy to set up, and the subwoofer "bluetoothed" itself immediately (satisfying for technophobes like us!)
The maximum volume seemed as if it may be an issue at first, but we soon found that music played brilliantly over both the new TV (not an LG, by the way, but it seems to make no difference to the great sound) and via HDMI cable. We have a very large lounge and the volume is more than enough to get carried away dancing for a party.
It functions seamlessly, switches off with the TV, and produces an excellent, clear, and perfectly balanced sound.
It is pleasing to look at too, with a very stylish design.
I highly recommend this soundbar for everyone who prefers their loud pumping music to have discernible lyrics rather than be merely eardrum-bursting incoherent noise.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Cinematic experience

Great surround sound when combined with LG 65 inch LCD LED smart tv. A real cinematic experience without leaving home. Great features including wireless. Easy to set up and use. Highly recommended for the family. Great sound especially when watching sports or movies. Slimline and discrete size without the need for heavy individual speakers.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good sound for 4m by 5 m sound

I looked at the options of buying a Bose soundbar or an LG SJ8. I was very much attracted towards Bose until I read some terrible reviews about its compatibility issues with LG TVs. So, decided to go the LG Soundbar. So far very impressed with the sound quality. As I have an LG TV, the soundbar synch with tTV works perfectly

Date PurchasedJun 2017

All the features but only 300w

$900. LG Soundbar SJ8. Great quality bar and sub with WiFi and Bluetooth but overall maximum sound volume not enough. Set up with a new model 70 inch LG TV in a 6mx6m room, only pumping 300 watts will leave you disappointed and wanting more. Tried it with usb movies, Netflix movies, TV and bluetooth music from phone. It seems better sound and clarity from Bluetoothing music.

Date PurchasedApr 2017