LG WD14030FD6

LG WD14030FD6

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.6

• Washing Performance
  • Drying Performance
Rose

RoseNew South Wales

A very expensive mistake

Purchased in June 2012 at Harvey Norman for A$1,598.00.

Noise Level
Washing Performance
Drying Performance
Kim RRR

Kim RRRSouth East Queensland, QLD

I HATE this machine - do not buy

I have had this machine for 3 years now and have complained so many times to LG, have had techs out replacing parts / servicing the machine - it is suppose to be a washer / dryer and does not dry clothes at all. I am in a unit and do not have any clothes line area - the cycle can take up to 4.5 hours to do one king size sheet and it is still no where near dry.

Purchased in June 2016.

Noise Level
Washing Performance
Billy

BillyPort Macquarie

These are crap

These are noisy,complicated to use,do not dry very well. Most places I stay seem to have them. I think landlords install them as they supposedly wash and dry. They do neither well. The one where I am staying now runs with the door open and can open half way thru a cycle and flood the place(twice).
Cannot set to wash then dry. Two separate programs that require the wash to finish,then manually select the dry cycle.
The drying function is confusing resulting in damp clothes .
I think if it had 3 or 4 wash cycles and a timer on the drier it would be ok but not great.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Washer Dryer Combos

Find out how LG WD14030FD6 compares to other Washer Dryer Combos

Paola

PaolaMelbourne

Do not purchase!

Hello, I purchased this product 2017 and do not recommend it. I have raised my concerns with LG through phone and email, with a response of ‘there is nothing we can do’ after they inspected it. I emailed evidence of the dryer turning my whites into yellow and I still have issues with a foul burn smell after a year of usage. The dryer is not effective and overheats clothes with lots of creasing. I am thinking of selling it and cutting my loses as it frustrates me every time I use it. The washing machine does it’s job ok but the dryer is ineffective. Hope this helps other buyers to back away and LG to understand you can’t wipe your hands of it as it’s your brand, reputation and product on the line.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

LG must be going broke if they can't rectify a problem design - stay away from them - warranty is us

Just got of my 5 th call from lg over a 1 month period to say that there products meet all specifications - i.e Fritz says that it has nothing wrong with it and he is happy that it takes 5 hours to dry clothes and only just dry
LG refuse to admit it is a dud - except for taking it of the market of course - under warranty and still they don't care
Outrageous customer service
Never recommend LG. They must be hard up if they can't admit fault to a design and rectify

Date PurchasedJul 2015

KateSAustralia

Everything it's cracked up to be!

Whisper quiet, user friendly operation, eco features, good wash and soft dry. It weighs the load then adjusts the time accordingly. Good anti wrinkle feature tosses dry clothes every few minutes until it's turned off. Installed it ourselves. Good value with discount from HN. It's my new best friend!

Wilma

WilmaAdelaide

I love this machine

Child lock doesn't work!!

FerdinandQ
FerdinandQ

Interesting to hear. Our new Bosch has the same issue with no child lock on the power button. No use at all. Anyone know what does have a proper child lock ?

Hellkitty

HellkittyAdelaide

Have had for 4 years now- fantastic!

LG
LG A.LG

Hi mells_001! Very happy to hear you are enjoy our LG WD14030FD6! Thank you for your review!

Washer Dryer Combos

Find out how LG WD14030FD6 compares to other Washer Dryer Combos

Avoid it! It is full of faults

LG
LG A.LG
dodgyr
dodgyr

Hi Marina,
Can you please update? I was looking at purchasing this machine until i read your review. Not sure if yours was a once off etc., but what will make a difference is if LG rectified the problem for you or not.

dp29

dp29Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

dont buy this machine

Helena96
Helena96

I dried 5 thick towels in the dryer - and although it did take 4 hours, a long time I agree, they did come out totally dry - and incredibly fluffy.

sue87
sue87

i have no problem with drying clothes come out beautiful and soft

missmythoughts

missmythoughtsAU

I love it!

cassandra

cassandraasked

I have just purchased this machine/dryer and its taking 4 hrs per load, is this normal?. The retailer did not tell me this. is this time normal for the combos?

KateS

It depends on the weight of your wash and then the settings. The shortest combo cycle we ever achieved was about 2hrs50mins. For a regular bi-weekly wash, we always used the time saver button, set the temperature at 60°, pressed the eco button and were fairly careful to not overload the machine. I'm using past tense because we have this machine at a house in Tassie which we left 2 months ago so I'm trying to recollect the settings. It was a lot more convenient than the set up we have here where a wash takes over an hour and then you have to transfer it into the dryer for another hour or two. I remember we did wash a big, heavy load once and the wash/dry took nearly 5 hours. It calculates the weight of your load when you first put it in so if you put in heavy items or anything wet it will extend the wash/drying time.

JULIED

JULIEDasked

Can you just use the wash cycle on the machines or does it do all at once?

Marina Bear

It's been a while and I can not remember sorry. You could check at a store which has a display model. It definitely does not have 'drain' cycle - which means if you started a wash and forgot to add a sock, you won't be able to :(

Shazzaratziasked

Could you please supply weight & dimensions of the machine?

Luke

: 850.00

Depth (mm)
: 660.00

Hi Luke,
the weight is very important as we are considering it for a boat. Could you please clarify the weight.
Thanks for your reply,
Kind regards

David4588
David4588

Online manual says t's 72 kgs.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives