Liquid Ears HW8900BK

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Dandy

DandyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of money

literally the most pointless headphones. Takes forever to find your phone, takes several attempts to connect them. The connection constantly drops out. Despite having my phone in my hand there’s minutes without sound then it comes back distorted for a few seconds and drops out again. Do not buy these!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Jac

JacHunter Region, NSW

Love these!

Only $15.00 and come in a small circle case which is strong (pink or silver) good volume and change track buttons and comes with charger. A good bug and mine have been working well for a few months now... no getting tangled in the cord when you run or walk.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Denis MURRAY

Denis MURRAYFar North Queensland, QLD

perfect job

sound is acceptable but the "transmitter" isn't that strong so if you're more than 5 meters away it starts to get distorted. tuning is a simple. I use mine to sit on my balcony with the sliding door closed so I can smoke and watch TV through the glass and still here its perfect for this purpose 1 year later still going strong .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
ChelseaJaronCharlie

ChelseaJaronCharlieQLD, 4227

Unreliable

Had these 3 days and the cord broke. It was all staticky while listening to music. Definitely do not buy these it's a waste of money. I took them back to get another pair and same thing happened. It's the worst sound that comes through the speakers. I would stay away from these headphones

altomic

altomicqld, 4019

ok, distance isn't that great

sound is ok but the "transmitter" isn't that strong so if you're more than 5 meters away it starts to get "staticy". tuning is a hassle. best to get another product using bluetooth rather than FM. I returned mine as "not fit for use" the guy at HN barely raised an eyebrow at that.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
sara. c

sara. cLondon

awful!

as soon as i got them i wanted to try them out of course~ so i connected them, no problem finding my phone but they dropped out straight away so i tried a few for times and they kept dropping out! i tried them the next day and still to no appeal!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

JobiBrisbaneh

A little unreliable

Overall the quality is good although sometimes they do not work straight away. I switch them off and on again and they work. First two sets I had to return, these do the job. The instructions were rather hard to follow but, as I am familiar with some other headphones I had no trouble connecting these to my T.V.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
CHDrz

CHDrz

bad

got them only month ago the quality of them were great until it decided to break wouldn't recommend have spoken to people and they've had the same problem dont buy you'll regret its better off saving up for a bit longer to get a decent headset that wont break on you so easily:/

crap headphones

my wife got me a pair at xmas and after a month they a broken. i would never buy this brand again. they are very brittle and are very easy to break , plus the instructions on how to pair them with a device dont help you. so i suggest to anyone who is thinking of getting a pair ,,, Dont

B. E.

B. E.Sydney

Happy with purchase

Bought these wanting to try out an affordable solution to multiple device noise bothering me at home. I'm happy with them. Poor instructions but I didn't have trouble connecting them to tv or iPod. Sound is completely adequate for my purposes. If you're not fussy, they're fine. If you are, you might want to try something different and not as basic.

Selling these should be a crime!

I bought a pair of these fm wireless headphones from Target. The idea was to get greater range than bluetooth headphones.

The problem is that there is no dedicated frequency for them and they constantly drop out. When that happens you have to spend the next 20 mins trying to retune them.

The result of using them for 3 days? I threw them at the wall and smashed the crap out of them!

Terrible

Same problem as a lot of others on here. Picking up loads of random radio stations, (very) rarely picks up the correct channel on the tv I am watching but drops out quickly soon afterwards and back to random radio stations again. I will definitely be returning this product asap. Don't waste time on it.

Shannon O

Shannon OBrisbane

Worked well, decent price.

Not the best headset I've ever owned but for price they were fantastic.
Took a little time to set up and read the instructions but once they work, they're a treat.

They did have a slight back ground noise but nothing too unexpected for buying a pair of super market headphones.

Not Recommended

Took me a while to figure out how to sync. Instructions weren't very clear, and the sound quality isn't very good. To sync to the tower, I needed to press the scan button several times - kept getting radio channels (which always dropped out). While watching TV with these, there was an annoying buzzing noise (that would get worse the more I move). The only good things about these are the look, and the fact that they connect at all.

GK

GKSydney

Would've rated it zero if possible

Tried connecting it to my TV. Followed instructions to the letter. It caught all kinds of radio channels but not the signal from the transmitter. Worst part is that i bought two and gifted one to my Dad and he struggled with it for hours before he came to the same conclusion as I did - that this is a piece of junk.

bouch

bouchAdelaide, South Australia

Hang onto that receipt!

Ok, I'm a fairly tech savvy guy and I usually wouldn't buy such items from a supermarket but it was a matter of convenience. I 'm an artist who needs to be able to work without wires & cables in the way plus neighbors complain bout music sooo...
It was fine picking up radio stations but I was simply unable to listen to my own music library on either PC or Laptop, I had an old Panasonic wireless headset that worked flawlessly on both machines so I know its these particular Chedfoanes.

If you buy any electronic device from a supermarket chances are it will be faulty or poor quality, so whatever you do, hang onto that receipt!

Brian

BrianSydney, NSW

Good for the price.

Worked with my 5 yr old iPod Touch and Sony TV after only a few minutes setting up. As you might expect sound quality OK but not brilliant. Did have some interference in one location in the house - still working on that, may need to re-tune, Considering the cost is about a half or a third of the next cheapest I have found in my area, I am happy with my purchase.

Peter

PeterAdelaide

I want a refund

I spent about two hours trying to connect to my LG smart TV without success and gave up, its going back to the store today for a refund.

ill say you have not had the chance to read the instructions

Realy you put bad info for the good headset

you realy need to use it right to make it work and it might of not realy been made for fm but still
good wireless headset

Maria S.

Maria S.asked

I have just bought this product. Can it be used with mobiles and how do I do that

MEGGS

Have you read the manual? Go back to the store you made the purchase from and get them to set up the headphones. Look this up on the internet.

MARK LOWE

MARK LOWEasked

I have a smart tv I have WiFi but when I mute the tv nothing comes through th head phone. Any help?

Jobi

I found the same thing happened so I turned the volume down very low on the TV {too low to hear distinctly} and set headphone volume a little above half way.

Jobi.

Kerrie Sievwright

Kerrie Sievwrightasked

How do you tune them to transmitter?

Jobi

On the back of the transmitter the switch has two positions. I use the first position, i turn the TV down fairly low and turn the volume up on my receiver. It works for me.
Sometimes I have had to turn the transmitter off and on again to start. For the price I am quite satisfied with them. The mute button works well and the headset is more comfortable than my Sennheiser I have in the other room.
Jobi.

Can only get radio station, won't pick up transmitter.

See all Liquid Ears HW8900BK questions