LML Star2

LML Star2

2.8

SsAdelaide

Any excellent pathway to vintage scootering

Date PurchasedMay 2017

LML Star 200 Review Portugal Experience

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Don't buy it.

I bought an LML Star 151 manual gear in July 2015 and I have done 1300km. In six months the fuel instrument failed twice, the speed instrument one, the direction light both failed. the components are really bad assembled and the gear is really tough to operate and not precise at all. Also try to check the prices for a used one, The price drops the second after you buy it of 30%.
    Nothing else to say

Scooters

Find out how LML Star2 compares to other Scooters

No after sale service and poor quality

I have owned a LML Star 4 stroke for 11 months. In that time the gear/clutch box failed, bearings failed, clutch cable snapped and electric start has stopped working. Also the paintwork quality is poor. There is no after sale service and sourcing replacement parts is next to impossible. Be warned!

Absolutely Awful

I bought my LML star 2 scooter 3 months ago and I've had nothing but problems. It won't start half the time and there is nobody in Australia to contact. Worst decision I've ever made. I am currently trying to either get a new scooter or get my money back.

Thruxton8Sydney, NSW

A re-badged PX with a little twist.

Claudio
    Claudio

Jimmy13

Jimmy13asked

Hi guys, I've just recently bought a Vespa VBB(1965 model)that I think has been imported from India. It has an LML 150 engine fitted( 10 inch wheel conversion front and rear), but to my surprise there is no 4th gear!!
    If I'm not mistaken don't LML's have 4 gears just like the PX??!! Any ideas/suggestions to my dilemma??!! Cheers. Andy.

Ss

I can confirm you that LML never made 3 geard scooters. Perhaps parts of the engine was replaced by LML parts.

Cbp

Cbpasked

Just got an lml125 2t 2016 when I break front wheel pulls to the left very scary, not sure what the problem is? Regards, cliff

Thruxton8

Hi Cliff, sorry to hear about that, that certainly sounds like it need to be inspected by a qualified mechanic to ascertain the cause. Did you buy the scooter from a dealer? It should have a factory warranty.

Bruce Day
    Bruce Day

Break Disc is only on the left hand side. So will pull a little this way. It is more noticeable when turning corners. Straight braking should be ok

valerie

valerieasked

yes just bought lm; star 150 4 stroke never ridden before it seems real heavy i have never had a bike any tips on releasing foot stand and holding up when not going? Yes i'm female bit worried ive boght something to heavy to use ive drove a car for years but...

Thruxton8

Hi Valerie, I'm not sure where you're from but if you've never ridden a manual motorcycle or scooter before, there's a bit to learn before you are comfortable and able to enjoy it. I suggest you have a professional motorcycle trainer give you some lessons so that they can explain systems and techniques in getting the best out of your scooter. All the hand shift (manual) scooters take time to master and require lots of practice, they are not the best 1st choice for first timers but if you persist you will love your little scoot in time. The alternative is to buy a small 50 -100cc automatic scooter to get your confidence up and then step up to a hand shift manual scooter.

All the best.